Anime-Planet forum

Anime-Planet forum (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Specific Anime Discussion (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   K-On! (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22441)

unitzero 04-03-2009 02:06 PM

K-On!

K-On!

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Four high school girls form a band in their light music club. From what I can tell this is going to run for 13 episodes and be full of mild "school life" themes sprinkled with general cuteness. Already the general vibe and animation is reminding me a little bit of the series Hyakko which I liked. That said I plan on watching this but I don't expect anything mind blowing to happen here.
:cow:

Aznmonster 04-03-2009 02:19 PM

Re: K-ON!

It's got that Haruhi feel to it,but I don't think it can top BECK.

seeing as there both about music.

unitzero 04-03-2009 02:24 PM

oh yeah this is not going to be nearly as epic as Beck.
*starts singing "Full Moon Sway"*
I think it's going to be a slice of life light comedy with music as a plot device.

Xennon 04-03-2009 03:11 PM

Guess i'll check this one out. These really aren't my type of shows (slice of life/school life) but I'll give it a shot.

Eriol 04-03-2009 03:21 PM

It didn't feel like haruhi to me, the characters feel quite different.

The first ep wasn't that fun though, but I'll give it a chance and see how it develops. The premise of the show isn't that interesting imo.

unitzero 04-03-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eriol (Post 439076)
It didn't feel like haruhi to me, the characters feel quite different.

The first ep wasn't that fun though, but I'll give it a chance and see how it develops. The premise of the show isn't that interesting imo.

you're right. I wasn't that impressed but I love animes about bands and I enjoyed the slightly unique animation especially the character design. The "camera work" or whatever it's called in animation when she was running to school in the first scene was pretty cool as well. For me this will be a time waster until something better starts airing.

Lyzl 04-03-2009 08:09 PM

/agree with tylerriggs here

time waster until (hopefully, my god how I hope) something better from this season comes along. It's pretty fun, but nothing special imo.

Tanoshii 04-03-2009 10:45 PM

I went into this show expecting it to be sorta like Lucky Star, but with music. I'm not sure if that's how it ends up, but so far I love this show. I laughed quite a bit, which a show hasn't done for me in quite awhile. Also, there's an epic amount of moe, if that's your cup of tea :P

Can't wait for the next episode!

nyamo 04-04-2009 11:56 AM

the heroin is always stoned

purplemo 04-04-2009 03:54 PM

I decided to give this a go despite how unimpressive the manga was. This makes me feel like Manabi Straight (NOT a good sign) with watered down characters (even a worse sign). That ED was pretty good though, even if they stole a lot of clothing for Aya Hirano's wardrobe, especially Mio (at least they knew how to put on the clothing in the ED :laugh:). It sounds a lot like some of her songs too.

I might keep watch if just to see if they change up the ED, but this show is so far as unimpressive as the manga.