Anime-Planet forum

Anime-Planet forum (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The chat page now includes your username (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188824)

sothis 07-03-2013 03:03 PM

The chat page now includes your username

The site's chat page (accessible in the footer of all pages of the site and up in the right corner with your user info) now contains your username by default if you're logged in

I encourage everyone to keep this username, because it's the best way others in chat can look at your profile/list when you enter the room!

:drinking:

Zaig 07-03-2013 03:10 PM

Re: The chat page now includes your username

Wow, talk about incredible timing. I was in the chat a short while ago today after not having been there for quite some time to check it out. The change hadn't taken effect yet because I signed in with the default non-username with random letters.

Drahken 07-03-2013 03:15 PM

It presently works. If you try again & still get the random nick, do a forced refresh.

sothis 07-03-2013 03:16 PM

technically before you could physically input a custom username (and really everyone should have done that instead of leaving the default 'mib_blahblah', just no one ever really did it, so this hopefully will make things less confusing :)

Sianeka 07-03-2013 04:14 PM

I didn't even realize there was a chat page, so I just checked it out and will be back there again soon!!!! Thank you for this post, making me aware of another site feature for me to play at. *smile*

Lithium 07-08-2013 12:04 AM

yeah same, didnt even know there was an A-P chat this entire time i was here XD

Garyuu 07-08-2013 02:17 PM

Don't you go to the top right of the site to access your profile, lists etc.? There is a chat link right there.

sothis 07-08-2013 02:20 PM

it's also a link in the footer

Tyranid5 07-08-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sothis (Post 1389049)
it's also a link in the footer

Is there a reason the fb/twit/myspace/IRC icons never show at the bottom on forum pages, but appear just fine on any other page of the site?

sothis 07-08-2013 02:52 PM

the forum uses a cut/paste css separate from the main site due to how hard the integration is, so probably something just isnt right in that file

we hope to migrate to xenforo at some point in the future (after the redesign launches) and that will fix a lot of these problems :)