Anime-Planet forum

Anime-Planet forum (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Specific Manga Discussion (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Tower Of God (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183482)

bunshin 06-02-2013 04:54 AM

Tower Of God

I searched abit and didn't find any thread about this amazing webtoon so here it is!

Plot summary: "What do you desire? Wealth? Glory? Power? Or something that surpasses all others? Whatever your desire is, 'that is here'. Tower of God.

Into the Tower the boy chased the girl who meant everything to him.
This is a story about the boy and the Tower that tests him."

Tower Of God is a korean webtoon (Manhwa), that is published free to read on naver website (like the rest of them there), once a week and its a single page strip in colors.

I have read alot of manga and abit of webtoon but this one is realy unique and amazing in its own way. As the plot summary the story follows a boy named Baam and his story as he enters the tower, and climb it with each floor have its own tests that are different complex and deadly.

The strongest points of the webtoon are charecters depths and complex plot.

Well i can say more but its better if you read it, this is one of the best things i have read in awhile and its just keep getting better and better :love:

Also - Read from Left to Right

Bradalee 06-02-2013 05:00 AM

Re: Tower Of God

I've seen this in BrainBlow's signature for a while now and i keep meaning to start it, but never get around to it. I'll definitely give it a go tonight though now that this thread here to remind me!

BrainBlow 06-02-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradalee (Post 1356513)
I've seen this in BrainBlow's signature for a while now and i keep meaning to start it, but never get around to it. I'll definitely give it a go tonight though now that this thread here to remind me!

YEEEEEEEESSSSS!!
Tower of God is #7 on this site for a very good reason.
Keep in mind that it's a manhwa. You read from left to right, just like western comics.

This series needed a thread though.

Bradalee 06-02-2013 05:07 AM

Aye i know, i read Girls of the Wild too, it's a manhwa too.

Hopefully it's good then!

LinkSword 06-02-2013 05:08 AM

The premise intrigues me, although I'll just have to check for myself to decide if the execution of the idea is actually my thing.

Count on me trying it today as well. Now that I've finally got A LOT of free time I can finally try things like these out.

:megusta:

BrainBlow 06-02-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinkSword (Post 1356521)
The premise intrigues me, although I'll just have to check for myself to decide if the execution of the idea is actually my thing.

Count on me trying it today as well. Now that I've finally got A LOT of free time I can finally try things like these out.

:megusta:

It's One Piece (manga) levels of goodness. (Stylistically it would be more similar to Bleach, except way better)
And all the pages are in full color.

Finally, I can get to fangasm about this series to other people as well!
:smile::smile::smile:
Be prepared for a couple of traps though...
:pokerface:
It's pretty much a running gag by the author by now.

LinkSword 06-02-2013 05:22 AM

^ You might be setting the bar a tad too high there. That is, considering how much of a OP fanboy I am. :laugh:

For now I'll just expect a good, gripping manga, and if it's even better than that then I'll be pleasantly surprised. =)

Bradalee 06-02-2013 05:25 AM

After the sexuality-challenging awesomeness of Yahari's trap i'm prepared for all other traps now.

BrainBlow 06-02-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinkSword (Post 1356528)
^ You might be setting the bar a tad too high there. :laugh:

Not really.
:pokerface:
They are very differently themed series though, so it's a very different experience.
And it doesn't take nearly as much time as One Piece to really get going.
I'm just going by the ambiguous word "quality".

LinkSword 06-02-2013 05:29 AM

I'm just saying that ''quality level of One Piece manga'' would equal ''second manga thing I'm giving 5/5 to'', and I doubt that's going to happen.

Anyway, the first 45 chapters are almost done downloading~ This shall be a fun ride.