Anime-Planet forum

Anime-Planet forum (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Anime Discussion (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DAMN, That Anime Is Bad Club. (DTAB) (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181223)

Damias 05-10-2013 05:24 PM

DAMN, That Anime Is Bad Club. (DTAB)

Welcome to the DAMN, That Anime Is Bad ZK Era

DTAB Moto:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZetsubouKaiji (Post 1476922)
If there's a titty to be milked we'll find it, if there's a vampire munching on a burger, we'll be there, if there is a dub that sounds like it was recorded in the men's room of a truck stop then by god, we'll listen to it!

Q: What is DAMN, That Anime Is Bad?
A : While the rest of the losers out there watch their "classics" and "conventionally enjoyable" anime, we here at DTAB do the lord's work of watching the worst anime available and ripping them a new asshole. We do this in search of that oh so rare specimen of bad anime that transcends into so bad it's good territory.

Q : How is this different from Find Your Anime Buddy?
A : We only focus on the bad anime and we watch it simultaneously in a group to lend each other moral support and give each specimen of bad anime the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment. It's like getting together with a group of friends to do our own Rifftracks.

Q : What is there to gain from participating?
A : Beyond the glory of saying you survived watching some of the most shit anime ever made, in this bold new second era of DTAB, we now have a points system. For each event you can earn points for writing recommendations and reviews. These points will be tallied up at the end of each month and the winner will get to pick the theme for the next month of events or if the winner wants to be even more personal then they can hand pick the actual anime we watch for the next month.

But wait that's not all! I will, also be keep track of the points total for the year and the winner will get their very own banner to sport around the forum declaring them the champion of watching shitty anime.

BUT WAIT THAT'S NOT ALL either! Writing recs and reviews for events will, also earn you double TACO points. Click the link if you don't know what TACO is already. It's a spiffy organization run by a very sexy lady.

DTAB Points:

1 point for a one way recommendation.
2 points for a two way recommendation.
5 points for a review.*

*Reviews must be at least one paragraph long in coherent English. Reviews will also be accepted in Thrawn-ish, which is a language made up entirely of over the top swears and is only spoken by Thrawn.

Q :What anime can we suggest?
A : Obviously we're looking for anime with low scores or poor reputations. We're not too picky on exact numbers, but if you suggest something like Attack on Titan then you're going to end up getting vetoed. Generally we like to watch short OVAs of 1-2 episodes or movies since it's kind of hard to get everyone together at the same time and working on the same schedule, but I am open to doing longer series if we can get the logistics planned out. If you win for the month and want to try out doing a longer series then we can try to work out a schedule that is convenient for everyone.

Q : I don't know the time for our meetings.
A : Because everyone here is scattered across the globe, it is difficult to find the appropriate time that everyone that participates can agree on. Usually, all of our meetings are at 10PM GMT. Due to the belief that timezones are a bitch, I created a chart with your location and their timezone. Just look at United Kingdom's time and follow it's row to your location and time. If you can't find your location, then don't hesitate to inform me about it. Either PM, Skype messaging, or post it here for my convenience.

Q : How do I link to the thread through the banner.
A : [*url=http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181223][*img]http://i.imgur.com/gjUtOAz.png[/img][/url]
Just remove the * from the url above.

Q : How to participate?
1. Events will be scheduled at least one week ahead of time. Just check the front page of this thread and it'll list what we are watching and when. Events are mostly going to be held on Sundays at 10 PM GMT. However, if that changes then it will also be listed here on the front page.
2. A special chat will be created for each event. Links will be posted on the front page to each chat. Just click to join in on the fun. The logs of these chats will be archived for our amusement here on the front page.
3. Watch the anime at the scheduled time and comment on it along with everyone else in the chat.
4. After the event come back to the forum. Make sure to post you impressions of the anime in the appropriate thread. Write reviews and recs for the site if you feel up to it.

Rules :
1. Must follow A-P rules.
2. No currently airing anime.
3. No torrent or illegal streaming discussion or links.

================================================== ===========
What's Being Planned

DTAB ZK Era Event #7

Appetizer:
Chainsaw Maid

Main Event:
MD Geist II: Death Force
Details : 3/27/2016 at 10 PM GMT
Chat Link: https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=DTAB

================================================== ===========

Help promote DTAB by flashing off these amazing banners, created by 8MangaMan

Banner

Badges

Archive
ZK Era Events:

DTAB Point Totals:

I want to give all credit for the creation of this club to Era 1 Emperor Damias. He did the hard work of getting this club started and without him the ZK Era wouldn't be possible.

BrainBlow 05-10-2013 05:42 PM

Re: DAMN, That Anime Is Bad Club. (DTAB)

I imagine the guys in that picture being representations of the people who watched Yumeria now.
With he exception of one.

I'd suggest Ichigo 100%.
I don't think I can get through it on my own without ending up marathoning Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun three times in a row afterwards just to cure the suckyness.

LinkSword 05-10-2013 05:44 PM

Also, what anime is the main pic from? Lovin' it!

I just remembered a very interesting future project, but since it's gonna be a bit daunting we'd better let the club properly take off first.

(Hint: Thrawn has seen it, and I haven't :troll:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainBlow
I'd suggest Ichigo 100%.
I don't think I can get through it on my own without ending up marathoning Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun three times in a row afterwards just to cure the suckyness.

I'm totally up for this terribleness.

Hell, it even matches up with my self-created long-term challenge, since it's a Madhouse thing. :megusta:

Bradalee 05-10-2013 05:44 PM

And it's finally here!

I guess we kinda discussed this in the Yumeria thread (maybe link the thread in the OP too? For the sweet memories, you know?) but what are we going to go with for our next round of punishment?

The two i suggested were:

Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture | Anime-Planet

A movie that seems to be pretty terrible, and almost universally panned. It lasts 71 minutes, apparently. Face meltingly long if it's as bad as i hope.

Or

Apocalypse Zero | Anime-Planet

Which as you can see from this delightful screenshot, just looks fantastic. It's a 2 part OVA series, each part lasting 38minutes.

Damias 05-10-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinkSword (Post 1340668)
Also, what anime is the main pic from? Lovin' it!

It says the Prince of Tennis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradalee (Post 1340669)
I guess we kinda discussed this in the Yumeria thread (maybe link the thread in the OP too? For the sweet memories, you know?) but what are we going to go with for our next round of punishment?

Already linked in the archive for the fond, fond memories. :)

I say we go with Brad's first two then BB's Ichigo.

EDIT: Now how exactly are we gonna advertise this club?

Bradalee 05-10-2013 06:33 PM

Works for me.

Which one first, Samurai Shodown, or Apocalypse Zero?

Kinda interested in Link and Thrawn's mystery show as well though....

Damias 05-10-2013 06:36 PM

We could start with the movie, then the OVA. Then Ichigo.
I should add a queue list. :)

randomredneck 05-10-2013 06:45 PM

Hey, this club sounds fun. Can I join? You know how I enjoy complaining about crappy anime.

Damias 05-10-2013 07:10 PM

The more the merrier. :)
Would you be interested in watching Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture | Anime-Planet? You get to be our first victim member outside the pilot beta testing of Yumeria. :)

randomredneck 05-10-2013 07:13 PM

Sure.