Anime-Planet forum

Anime-Planet forum (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Club Chat (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   DAMN, That Anime Is Bad Club. (DTAB) (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181223)

Damias 05-10-2013 05:24 PM

DAMN, That Anime Is Bad Club. (DTAB)

Welcome to the DAMN, That Anime Is Bad club.

Q: What is DAMN, That Anime Is Bad?
A : A club where many would get together and watch a suggested anime that is just unpleasant to sit through.

Q : Don't we already have a club similar to this, FYAB?
A : Yes, we do have that but in this particular club, we only focus on the bad anime and watching it simultaneously in a group, emphasis on simultaneously. Having much discussions and a few laughing out loud moments.

Q : What is to gain from participating?
A : I'm glad you ask. My goal for this club is to make watching anime, as lively as ever. As many may or may not know, watching a particular anime by yourself is just too loathsome and boring. Watching an episode alone wouldn't be as interesting if for say you were in a group. In the end, you would get to meet some new people, finish an anime you would never thought to finish and dealing with A LOT of psychological damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZetsubouKaiji (Post 1476922)
If there's a titty to be milked we'll find it, if there's a vampire munching on a burger, we'll be there, if there is a dub that sounds like it was recorded in the men's room of a truck stop then by god, we'll listen to it!

Q : What anime can we suggest?
A : It could be any anime; whether it's an OVA, TV series, or movie. Just as long as it's completed and universally acknowledged as terrifyingly awful. Please suggest an anime with no more than 13 episodes if suggesting a TV series.

Q : What happens if the anime that we watched isn't that bad?
A : Whenever the time comes we finish watching an anime that isn't bad or DTAB material, the anime will receive the Lord Mie Seal of Approval.
~The seal is under review and design.

Q : I don't know the time for our meetings.
A : Because everyone here is scattered across the globe, it is difficult to find the appropriate time that everyone that participates can agree on. Usually, all of our meetings are at 10PM GMT. Due to the belief that timezones are a bitch, I created a chart with your location and their timezone. Just look at United Kingdom's time and follow it's row to your location and time. If you can't find your location, then don't hesitate to inform me about it. Either PM, Skype messaging, or post it here for my convenience.

Q : How do I link to the thread through the banner.
A : [*url=http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181223][*img]http://i.imgur.com/gjUtOAz.png[/img][/url]
Just remove the * from the url above.

Q : How to participate?
  • If the anime that's being planned interests you, don't hesitate to join. Everyone is welcome.
  • Discuss details on the date, time and how many episodes a day (If qualifies).
  • Find people whose willing to sit through the anime.
  • Chat away on the anime's thread.

Rules :
  • Must follow A-P rules.
  • Must be available at whatever time we are to agree on.
    Ex. If the schedule is to be at 10PM GMT. then you must be on and ready at that time, whatever timezone you're from.
  • Only one anime per viewing. If you're not interested in the anime being planned, there's always the queue list to look forward to.
  • No currently airing anime.
  • Remember to leave some recommendations for the suggested anime.

What's Being Planned
DTAB Event #37
Garzey's Wing | Anime-Planet
Thread : http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/sh...47#post1593747
Requestee : ZetsubouKaiji
Participants : Damias, ZetsubouKaiji, Thrawn, starsmine, phoniefly, ieatanime, XcanaXalberona
Details : 6/22/2014
Group Rating

Queue List
~Not taking anymore anime.

TV Series
Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-Chan!! | Anime-Planet : Nicknames
Funny Pets | Anime-Planet : Thrawn
Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera | Anime-Planet : Damias
Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel: Kyun Kyun Tokimeki Paradise!! | Anime-Planet : Damias
G-On Riders | Anime-Planet : Thrawn
Saishuu Shiken Kujira | Anime-Planet : Thrawn

OVAs
Mad Bull | Anime-Planet : Jamie
Battle Royal High School | Anime-Planet : LinkSword
The Legend Of The Dog Warriors: The Hakkenden | Anime-Planet : BrainBlow
Raven Tengu Kabuto: The Golden-Eyed Beast | Anime-Planet : Funkgun
School City Valanoir | Anime-Planet : Thrawn
Wild Cardz | Anime-Planet : Thrawn
Compiler | Anime-Planet : Bradalee
Bite Me! Chameleon | Anime-Planet : LinkSword

Movies

Help promote DTAB by flashing off these amazing banners, created by 8MangaMan

Banner

Badges

Archive

BrainBlow 05-10-2013 05:42 PM

Re: DAMN, That Anime Is Bad Club. (DTAB)

I imagine the guys in that picture being representations of the people who watched Yumeria now.
With he exception of one.

I'd suggest Ichigo 100%.
I don't think I can get through it on my own without ending up marathoning Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun three times in a row afterwards just to cure the suckyness.

LinkSword 05-10-2013 05:44 PM

Also, what anime is the main pic from? Lovin' it!

I just remembered a very interesting future project, but since it's gonna be a bit daunting we'd better let the club properly take off first.

(Hint: Thrawn has seen it, and I haven't :troll:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainBlow
I'd suggest Ichigo 100%.
I don't think I can get through it on my own without ending up marathoning Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun three times in a row afterwards just to cure the suckyness.

I'm totally up for this terribleness.

Hell, it even matches up with my self-created long-term challenge, since it's a Madhouse thing. :megusta:

Bradalee 05-10-2013 05:44 PM

And it's finally here!

I guess we kinda discussed this in the Yumeria thread (maybe link the thread in the OP too? For the sweet memories, you know?) but what are we going to go with for our next round of punishment?

The two i suggested were:

Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture | Anime-Planet

A movie that seems to be pretty terrible, and almost universally panned. It lasts 71 minutes, apparently. Face meltingly long if it's as bad as i hope.

Or

Apocalypse Zero | Anime-Planet

Which as you can see from this delightful screenshot, just looks fantastic. It's a 2 part OVA series, each part lasting 38minutes.

Damias 05-10-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinkSword (Post 1340668)
Also, what anime is the main pic from? Lovin' it!

It says the Prince of Tennis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradalee (Post 1340669)
I guess we kinda discussed this in the Yumeria thread (maybe link the thread in the OP too? For the sweet memories, you know?) but what are we going to go with for our next round of punishment?

Already linked in the archive for the fond, fond memories. :)

I say we go with Brad's first two then BB's Ichigo.

EDIT: Now how exactly are we gonna advertise this club?

Bradalee 05-10-2013 06:33 PM

Works for me.

Which one first, Samurai Shodown, or Apocalypse Zero?

Kinda interested in Link and Thrawn's mystery show as well though....

Damias 05-10-2013 06:36 PM

We could start with the movie, then the OVA. Then Ichigo.
I should add a queue list. :)

randomredneck 05-10-2013 06:45 PM

Hey, this club sounds fun. Can I join? You know how I enjoy complaining about crappy anime.

Damias 05-10-2013 07:10 PM

The more the merrier. :)
Would you be interested in watching Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture | Anime-Planet? You get to be our first victim member outside the pilot beta testing of Yumeria. :)

randomredneck 05-10-2013 07:13 PM

Sure.