Anime-Planet forum

Anime-Planet forum (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Specific Anime Discussion (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12031)

BTime 10-26-2006 03:15 PM

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Yamato Nadeshike Shichi Henge

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

While checking out some of the new shows this season, I normally would have passed something like this over excepting that it is currently being subbed by C1. Not really expecting much, I checked out the first episode and think I might be hooked. The premise is as follows;

Four Bishonen youths who live in a mansion sponsored by their extravagant aunt are given notice that they can continue to live in the mansion for free if they can convert the aunts' niece into a proper lady. If not, then the rent will be tripled (ouch!). The problem is that the young girl is mentally scarred from an incident some years ago and pretty much freaks out and scares all those around her.

The comedy is pretty over the top, the art is adequate for the series (I've seen worse). Bottom line is that it entertains where a lot of other shows with bigger budgets do not. If I were to fit this into an Anime Rec entry would probably link it with something like Wandaba Style.

AniDB doesn't list a total number of episodes for the show[lists 6 scheduled], but I'll make a guess that it probably will hit 12 or 13 eps.

MechaTama31 10-27-2006 07:16 AM

Re: Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Looks like it will be a fun show, but the art, and the voice actors for the guys, just seem... off, somehow. But it wouldn't be as fun if it wasn't a little ugly, right? ;)

VnTB 10-27-2006 07:36 AM

the art is bad, and the character uhm, is a no no, at first when seeing the "anime cover" I thought they are girls, but it turn out be boys,

will not watch further,

Canal 11-02-2006 03:39 PM

I've seen the first 2 episodes and I don't like it very much. It tries too hard to be funny and it fails miserably at that. The four guys look more gay than bishounen and they seem like big cowards being always afraid of what Sunako might do.
I'll give a few more episodes a try and if it doesn't improve I'll drop it.

Kyrael Seraphine 11-02-2006 08:14 PM

Dear lord-- have they ruined the art for this show, honestly. I'm unashamedly a fan of the manga, which has intermittent art quality, but this is genuinely bad, unfortunately.

Set up is generic shoujo, of course, with an ending telegraphed a mile off, but the ridiculousness of the antics the boys get up to to hide their problems is amusing.

Honestly, expecting realistic reactions from anime is, well, rather silly. Especially when the synopsis involves "Four bishounen must turn dowdy Sunako into a lady." I mean, My Fair Lady aside, does this seem realistic? It'd be like going into Angel Densetsu and being disappointed more people didn't react like real people. You're missing the point. It's popcorn cinema. Go in, shut off, and enjoy some silly shoujo plots (with some awesome fashion (the mangaka is a massive fan of gothloli, so she gets some nice stuff to wear)).

S2sari 11-04-2006 03:20 AM

I really like this anime series
When i first watched it I was a little iffy but then as I began to watch it more I found myself laughing a lot and enjoying watching it ^^

I guess the ghost girl's voice could be a little annoying but I think it fits her well. it's something different than your usual anime

the plot can seem over used but then in a way it's not ^^

sevencreature 11-07-2006 07:14 AM

Seems nice overall. Animation and art is nice - I would say normal.

BTime 11-07-2006 06:44 PM

I finished watching episode 5 and it just wasn't all that funny. The premise was good, but just didn't deliver well IMHO. Hopefully the humour picks up again in ep. 6+

sevencreature 11-08-2006 09:11 AM

Hmm, doesn't seem so great... At least Goth Lolis are mildly amusing :-))

shounen 11-22-2006 05:55 AM

It's very funny.. but the art..... swt.. -.-||