Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! 2

TheCoffeeGod

[sadht]Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! 2[/sadht][sadhl]chuunibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai-2[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

biggthumpup.gif

It's a TBS series, just like the first season
So I'll definitely be watching this, since I loved the first season.

PV 1

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! 2 PV1

Episode 01
well let me start by saying i have no expectations of this series so even if it sucks im expecting it tbh, the room for any developments seems minor and from what i have heard from the manga readers if it follows the manga it will be a complete blow-fest, that's personal opinion from not reading it (they all seem to like it but i think it sounds bad).
So that being said... onto the episode...

Well it starts out pretty much nothing much, it's not good or bad, basically it's just your normal high school season 2 opening episode, we all start back at school, we are generally in the same classes (all except what's his hair...) ect, it's kind of simple and predictable. That isn't saying it's "bad", it's really just normal, we see now Deko-chan is at their school and Rikka and Yuuta will live together for some time, funny how everyone's parents all need to move out of town at the same time xD
So yeah, simple but not really bad, cross middle lined.

Though... was she smiling at the end? my logic is this:
If she was smiling - it wont be terrible "yet"
If she wasn't - the crap is about to begin

So nothing special but not really terrible...
lets hope to god:
1) it doesn't stay true to the manga (not often that is said), i dunno the manga could be good but it just sounds like something i would hate
2) it doesn't piss me off 2 episodes in x_x

Might i add, my expectation is non existent, so i might of been harsh here (or not harsh enough? o.o) but i will stay open as i didn't mind the first season.

1st episode wasn't as fun as I was hoping - but hopefully that changes in the future. Still good.

I always thought she was saying "banishment this world"

Episode 1:

That was one crappy first episode. The set up was way to fast in parts and then way to slow in others. It's really weird what it focused on and what it just set up with a few lines of narration, which makes me worried about the direction this show is going to be taking. I enjoyed the first season, thought it was funny and cute, but this first episode wasn't either of those things for the most part.

The whole all the adults moving out of town at once was pretty eye rolling, but I can put up with that. What I have a problem with is the show spends way to long lingering on a side characters new hair cut, only to have the main couple go, "oh yeah, Rikka got kicked out so we're living together now." What the fuck? That's a hell of thing to be glossing over, especially when the anime is supposed to be about their relationship. That's pretty much how the entire episode went, the episode would dismiss something that could have been interesting, but then lingers on something boring. The only part of this episode that showed any of the usual flair was the little battle with Toka, but even that didn't have the usual energy.

I hope it gets better from here.

Episode 1:

Well, it wasn't as bad as i expected but it feels disoriented and lost with no drive and the jokes are getting old and with so small room for development i wonder what they are going to do from here out.
guess we will just have to watch and see.

Episode 1

I still have a feeling that the sequel was internally unnecessary for anyone but kyoani's capital. This episode didn't rid my off that feeling but at least it was decent and not horrible. It lacked some of the charm of the original.

^ Yeah, I've got to agree that this sequel feels pretty unnecessary considering the first one ended in just the right place. Hopefully they can still make something worthwhile with it though.

^ The setup if you have read the synopsis doesn't seem to bad honestly. But I still don't really think it will be worthwhile. Diving deeper into Yuta's past could expand his character a bit but if it goes for a love triangle which is gloriously avoided and subverted in the prior season I will be somewhat fussed by it...

^ Yup, there's a lot of ways to go wrong with that setup. It does have a bit of potential, but it's not like every character needs to have some deep past. I was satisfied with what we got on him during the last season and I will break things if they start any love triangle bullshit.

Episode 1

I still have a feeling that the sequel was internally unnecessary for anyone but kyoani's capital. This episode didn't rid my off that feeling but at least it was decent and not horrible. It lacked some of the charm of the original.

i thought this from the second it was said there would be more, i mean there isn't much to go with, i know what they plan but still, seems it was all down to it was popular so... make more.

^ The setup if you have read the synopsis doesn't seem to bad honestly. But I still don't really think it will be worthwhile. Diving deeper into Yuta's past could expand his character a bit but if it goes for a love triangle which is gloriously avoided and subverted in the prior season I will be somewhat fussed by it...

it varies, from what i have heard from people i can't agree here, i don't mind going into Yuta's character more (past) but as for a love triangle, i don't care for that.
Here is what i have heard (don't read if you don't want to know):
basically in a nutshell i have heard some girl comes into it (OP confirms this), this girl has... some history with Yuta, don't think they dated or anything though i think she might have had a crush on him? been his ex? i dunno but anyway i hear it's her bitching for a series because she doesn't get on with Rika or i dunno (doesn't approve of her?), that's it in it's simplest form anyway
^Now take to mind, NON of that is confirmed information, it's just rumours i have heard from some friends who have "apparently" read the manga(?) and such so it might not be like that but if it is i can see this season scoring low.
I hate nothing more than that sort of set up, it's the main reason i hold no expectation (that and i think the series was fine with one season) but i will still try it.

^ Yup, there's a lot of ways to go wrong with that setup. It does have a bit of potential, but it's not like every character needs to have some deep past. I was satisfied with what we got on him during the last season and I will break things if they start any love triangle bullshit.
I agree.
I don't care for love triangles forming when the couple established is perfectly fine, i don't need the whole jealously or fighting over someone cards coming out, im fine with how things are, love triangles in these situations just... are not my thing one bit.

Episode 1

Just as charming as the first season, and the first took a little bit to grow on me. Of course it's going to feel a little different, it's a new school year, they are a grade ahead, and I would expect a little growth. I also want to see how this new girl relates to the plot. Love triangle or no, from the OVA
I recall Rikka and Yuta where kind of stagnating in their relationship.

So her addition should make for something interesting down the road.

this thought about the necessity of any anime is weird ...no anime is necessary..... but that does not mean i don't want it...

^ they were talking story-wise. since the first season already reached a good conclusion for the show as well as the relationships between the characters and left little to no room for development, any extra material will probably be a step down rather than up so thats why a second season doesn't seem like the best course of action.

I thought the first season ended perfectly as well and I'm not really expecting this season to top the 1st one. I am expecting this one to still funny. I have to break it to you guys but this series will in fact be moving in the direction of a love triangle.

It's a 2 Volume Light Novel, the first season covered volume 1, this is supposed to cover events of volume 2. That eliminates the question of why they are doing a second season in my mind.

It's a 2 Volume Light Novel, the first season covered volume 1, this is supposed to cover events of volume 2. That eliminates the question of why they are doing a second season in my mind.

Technically, S1 only used the first volume as a base idea and was mostly original content.
But yeah, S2 will probably do the same, and use the second volume as a base idea, and since KyoAni is the publisher of said volumes, it makes sense that they would want to promote the LNs.

The series is ONLY 2 volumes long? Jesus, I wonder how the author or the anime managed to hold with just that to create something good (which apparently it is).

Back