BlazBlue: Alter Memory

So After Devil Survivor 2 and Dangan Ronpa we get Blazblue as an anime adaptation and I think this adaptation is covering the first game Calamity Trigger, 12 episodes should be enough time to cover its story, I just hope they don't concentrate too much on the fan-service.

^ Yes BB and i bet that the sky is blue, so far the only adaptation that was half decent was Persona 4 and even that wasn't that good so predicting that this will be shit as well isn't too hard. that being said ill give this one a shot as well since i am trying out everything this season.

It's Hoods Entertainment. If it's not about boobs than the budget is probably crap. And the women had better be glistening, buttered up and shining like someone polished their bowling balls.

[sadht]BlazBlue: Alter Memory[/sadht]

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Seeing as i'm a fan of the games, and it airs in a few hours, i figured i should make a thread for it. I was kinda worried about this one seeing as Hoods Entertainment are doing it, but the PV's looked pretty good, so i'm hoping this doesn't shit all over the game.

Wow your on fire this season didn't expect this thread to be up so quickly I reckon it will be alright this anime nothing special hard to top the game after all and I just watched some of the Raw.

They make it way too obvious a certain someone is evil right off the bat otherwise not too bad.

^ Haha, man that sounds terrible indeed. I haven't played the games but your feelings on it remind me of when the Tales of Symphonia OVAs came out (although those were well animated).

I'll probably avoid this one after all. If it's much on the hilarious side of terribleness I'd reconsider.

I've never played the game but yeah the animation was sort of lame. I'm super fucking confused about what is going on though.

How much episodes is this? 12?

I think I'll play the game before watching anymore. Don't want to be left dry in pounding this anime to the ground (should it deserve a good pounding.)

so basically its danganronpa all over again?

I think the difference is that this anime might suck since that's the vibe i'm getting here

Danganronpa on it's own isn't extremely super fucking awful. (it at least has a 3.9 or something here which isn't that bad)

Well, i'm a bigger fan of the BlazBlue games than i am the Danganronpa VN (not as good as people here said), so i may end up liking this more, huge flaws and all. But looking at it objectively, Dangan was probably better, and Dangan sucked ass.....

Checkout this terribly animated attack if you want an example of how bad the animation is:

29w321z.jpg

Least threatening attack ever.
Does it seriously skip like that?:seriously:

Episode 1

Oh dear gods the animation is choppy as all heck, the story so far is ridiculous not that that matters. But the animation just makes it.... so...

Episode 1

Well that sucked, that choppy as fuck fight scene just made it suck even worse. Couldn't even understand what the hell was going on too. They just introduced things at random.:flip:
:crying:

Usually shows put a lot of their budget into first episodes, so if this one had a good slice of the budget spent on it and it still looked this bad, things could get hilarious in the future.
Oh boy...:nervous:

:crying:

Usually shows put a lot of their budget into first episodes, so if this one had a good slice of the budget spent on it and it still looked this bad, things could get hilarious in the future.

Well then that's a good enough reason to watch it :p

Watching bad things and then making fun of it later is fun. Plus getting a good laugh about how crappy something is isn't bad either :laugh:

After seeing the ending its implying they will be doing Contiuum Shift as well as Calamity Trigger in 1cour ? this anime will truly be crap if they take that route.

For those complaining about the story's confusion its like that in the game as well you're not meant to understand what's going on right away, it isn't too complex but you will get stuck if you don't pay attention.

I personally don't care much about animation quality so this episode was alright to watch, the one thing this anime will have is its trolling, afterall the legendary God Of Trolls is in this series.

Awesome another incredible game adaptation and people are still whining about Dangan Ronpa and now this well I steal your rights away to whine because the true monstrosity this year was Devil survivor 2! Until you have played the game and watched the anime you are denied the right whine I declare it! :pokerface:

Remember this choppy animation needs to make a profit so some parts will be choppy anime has come a long way over the years and making higher level animated shows costs more money. Better an unpolished turd that is funny than a polished turd that smells like most of Kyo Ani's work these days.

Ah they are rushing it like hell but already the most entertaining show this season. Even Blazblue at its worst beats everything else like a boss :megusta:

Well if we get CS time for some trolling even though with only a season I doubt any of it will make sense this is not new comer friendly at all.

Back