Lovely Complex

algelic

Lovely Complex

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I had no idea what to expect when I started watching this anime recently. Although I've always been a sucker for romance, I've become kind of sick of the typical shoujo genre. Fortunately, this isn't a typical shoujo.

The animation is pretty simple. There is lots of humor. The characters are really great and have problems that you can identify with. I'm really enjoying this!!

Only 4 episodes have been subbed so far and only 21 chapters of the manga have been translated (from a total of 60-something).

There is also a live-action movie. But I watched it and didn't like it at all. I mean... the girl looked too young for that character and the guy looked too old. Plus, contrary to the anime, it has so much "kawaii-ness" that you'll feel sick from so much sugar/cuteness. But I'll leave you the download link anyway.

My recomendation? Watch the anime!!! You'll love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Lovely Complex (LoveCom)

algelic, i'd like to add this to the database... would you be able to take me some screenshots? if you don't know the specifications for what i need i can tell you. :)

Sure. I have a few ones here. Check them out and then let me know if you'd like something different.
Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3. I'll have more later.

mm, so the screenshots are a little more tricky than that :)

i'd need at least 9-10, including one scenery shot... and they'd have to be taken by hand by you (we don't put anything in the anirec which is from other sites)
. ill pm you with the details ^_^

I know shoujo is kind of «feared» by most people... but I thought someone would give this anime a try. -_- tsk tsk... I'm disapointed in you all.

:-)

I really love this show. Very funny, and nice "osaka" (or something) dialect.

Doesn't expect the girl to be a guy :-D

and Ootani is a cool character,

HAHAHA! I've watched literally 5 minutes of this thing (need to rush off to library), but man does it look brilliant! Can't wait to come home, camomile tea, cake, romcom. Already adore the characters.

thanx i have just started downloading it

HAHAHA! Just another brilliant episode with number 6. Cannot wait to see what Otani's reaction will be. He's really awesome, and glad to see unconventional female character in Risa for a change.

Is it me or is a lot of new season stuff including female characters that are refreshing and surprising in some way? Or is it just me having recently discovered genres OTHER than mecha? Heh.

Right now I really wish I hadn't seen the Live-Action movie. Now I know what's going to happen. *sniff*

But still.... SO funny this episode! xD

Just started watching this, I'm 10 minutes into the first episode, but....

Holy mother of god, talk about a painful dialect.
It has my ears bouncing around.

Just started watching this, I'm 10 minutes into the first episode, but....

Holy mother of god, talk about a painful dialect.
It has my ears bouncing around.
What? It's just kansai-ben, surely you've encountered it before?

You think that's hard, you should try to make sense of somebody from Kumamoto or Kagoshima, or Okinawa. You know, when Japanese TV shows interviews or performances in those dialects, they subtitle them. Just check out some of Natsukawa Rimi's songs on YouTube, and find some live performances from Japanese TV -- you'll see what I mean.

At any rate, kansai-ben is a great deal more charming than shitamachi, Tokyo Lower City dialect. Eeeshh...

As for the series... of all the anime that I've looked forward to, based on a favourite manga, Lovely Complex is probably the most eagerly-awaited one. And, based on the dozen or so episodes I 've seen so far, I must say that it's completely lived up to my hopes and expectations. It's a totally captivating romantic comedy, and I'm crazy about it.

- abunai

It's just that the whole show is in kansai-ben, it was a little schoking, I'm getting used to hearing it so not to worry, it has it's charm too.

hahaha I just got to that part ;)

I'm happy I gave this show a try, it's good.

EDIT:
Ep 15, d... d... d... drama

Last edited:
Back