Review the Song

---
Next Song:

This makes me think of action anime with jazzy soundtracks. I could totally hear part of this being played during a chase scene in Baccano or Cowboy Bebop. The piece is high tempo and energetic so it does feel perfect for a frantic chase scene. The most impressive thing about the song though is that they can keep up the intensity for almost nine minutes. They must be tired as hell after playing this piece.

Overall a stylish piece of music that's the definition of jazzy cool.

=============================================

Last edited:

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, goddammit, my fucking emotions, emotions all over the place. I still think Old Boy has one of the most beautiful and emotive soundtracks I've ever listened to in a movie. Man, it is impossible for me not to be completely mesmerized by this track, I'm gonna drown in my own pool of tears now. Old Boy was just one of those films where I felt completely lost in my thoughts that I didn't even know what to do with myself after that ending for a few days. Feel like re-watching this movie for like the billionith time now.

---
Next Song:

Great pick @HasseRovdjur and nice to see another black metal enthusiast on here :drinking: Have you listened to Darkthrone's Arctic Winter yet?

Not yet, no. Between having computer trouble and just not having the peace of mind required to listen to a new record (yeah, I'm weird like that) I've just fallen back on old stuff.

Next Song:

Love the beats, especially the bass line, along with his vocal delivery, even though I usually only go for more flowing rap lines, if that makes sense. It's really cool and makes me want to check out Busdriver stuff.

------

Have some old stuff played live before Ozzy drugged himself into pseudo-zombiedom:

Have some old stuff played live before Ozzy drugged himself into pseudo-zombiedom:

Fuck yeah, old Sabbath! The 1970 Paris gig is some of the heaviest recorded live footage by a band ever imo. According to legend the audience was chatting and not really paying attention in the beginning until Iommi cranked up his amp and everyone pissed their pants. A sound like that was mostly unheard of at the time, so I can imagine what an impact it must have had.

Fucking heavy as shit. Geezer plays the bass like some kind of possessed person while Ozzy alienates the audience with his violent stage persona. What else can be said about War Pigs? An anti-war song with occult overtones that has been covered by more metal bands than I can count. It's definitely a classic and the almost legendary footage combined with the crude sound and band members going all-out still makes it an ear-piercing listen (in a good way).

@HasseRovdjur It's actually called Arctic Thunder, but yeah, for some reason winter always comes to mind when I think of BM album titles xD
------------------

Last edited:
Fuck yeah, old Sabbath! The 1970 Paris gig is some of the heaviest recorded live footage by a band ever imo. According to legend the audience was chatting and not really paying attention in the beginning until Iommi cranked up his amp and everyone pissed their pants. A sound like that was mostly unheard of at the time, so I can imagine what an impact it must have had.

Fucking heavy as shit. Geezer plays the bass like some kind of possessed person while Ozzy alienates the audience with his violent stage persona. What else can be said about War Pigs? An anti-war song with occult overtones that has been covered by more metal bands than I can count. It's definitely a classic and the almost legendary footage combined with the crude sound and band members going all-out still makes it an ear-piercing listen (in a good way).

@HasseRovdjur It's actually called Arctic Thunder, but yeah, for some reason winter always comes to mind when I think of BM album titles xD
------------------
wow , well that was kinda boring
very very formula
ok its not that hard to listen too but it aint great either
i didnt like it

ok gona pick one out of my , my guilty secrects of my parents record collection

Well now Dog Fashion Disco is an awesome name. I'm just going to assume there's some elaborate story behind the name, but they probably just saw it spelled out in their alphabet soup one day, which is still more believable than committing 100 suicides.

I really was expecting something completely different coming from a band called Dog Fashion Disco, especially with the thumb nail pick of a bunch of dorks with horrible fashion, but what I got wasn't bad. It was a decent alt rock song. I quite like the intro and growling intense singing was amusing when paired with the goofy lyrics boasting of all those suicides. Probably the best thing about the song is that I still liked it after the intro. A lot of times these types of songs will have great intros like that to get the blood flowing, but when the actual song starts it becomes really generic, boring or the pace comes screeching to halt, but this song keeps the momentum so I appreciated that.

Overall these guys are pussies. I committed at least 101 suicides since breakfast. Everyone be on the lookout for my new band Ocelot Coulotte Rock.

=================================

Next song:

Well now Dog Fashion Disco is an awesome name. I'm just going to assume there's some elaborate story behind the name, but they probably just saw it spelled out in their alphabet soup one day, which is still more believable than committing 100 suicides.

I really was expecting something completely different coming from a band called Dog Fashion Disco, especially with the thumb nail pick of a bunch of dorks with horrible fashion, but what I got wasn't bad. It was a decent alt rock song. I quite like the intro and growling intense singing was amusing when paired with the goofy lyrics boasting of all those suicides. Probably the best thing about the song is that I still liked it after the intro. A lot of times these types of songs will have great intros like that to get the blood flowing, but when the actual song starts it becomes really generic, boring or the pace comes screeching to halt, but this song keeps the momentum so I appreciated that.

Overall these guys are pussies. I committed at least 101 suicides since breakfast. Everyone be on the lookout for my new band Ocelot Coulotte Rock.

=================================

Next song:
humm
kinda interesting , oh crap , sorry the rapping just killed it for me (i actully quite like rap music but just not this particular rap)
erm , No , didnt like it sorry

ok another pick from my dads collection
btw did i ever mention i really love story songs ?

humm
kinda interesting , oh crap , sorry the rapping just killed it for me (i actully quite like rap music but just not this particular rap)
erm , No , didnt like it sorry

ok another pick from my dads collection
btw did i ever mention i really love story songs ?

It's a fine country/western song, and do I quite enjoy this wild west themed stuff generally speaking.

---
Next Song:

It's a fine country/western song, and do I quite enjoy this wild west themed stuff generally speaking.

---
Next Song:
interesting opening
female vocals in a opera style
oh that change was unexpected ,worked well tho
eeewww heavy guitar is starting to lose me , stop , new section
humm 3mins in , how long does this go on for ?
tbh this isnt the best example of this kinda thing , tho the band itself has massive potential i feel
bit at 4m20 is nice , love that bass guitar (says the former bass player)

ok overall , if i was a recording exec i would sign em , but i wasnt keen on this particular peice

ok time for another guilty pleasure tho this time from my youth
this is from jeff wayne's war of the worlds musical , tho this studio version dont have the WotW narration in it

interesting opening
female vocals in a opera style
oh that change was unexpected ,worked well tho
eeewww heavy guitar is starting to lose me , stop , new section
humm 3mins in , how long does this go on for ?
tbh this isnt the best example of this kinda thing , tho the band itself has massive potential i feel
bit at 4m20 is nice , love that bass guitar (says the former bass player)

ok overall , if i was a recording exec i would sign em , but i wasnt keen on this particular peice

ok time for another guilty pleasure tho this time from my youth
this is from jeff wayne's war of the worlds musical , tho this studio version dont have the WotW narration in it

Kind of cheesy to me to be honest, a little too cheesy. I don't really have any strong feelings towards it.

---
Next Song:

Kind of cheesy to me to be honest, a little too cheesy. I don't really have any strong feelings towards it.

---
Next Song:
Patti smith ? where do i know that name from ? the voice sounds very familiar (did she do because the night)

i like this , basic 70s rock , kinda , yeah enjoyed that ]

ok and now for more delights of a musical nature

Patti smith ? where do i know that name from ? the voice sounds very familiar (did she do because the night)

i like this , basic 70s rock , kinda , yeah enjoyed that ]

ok and now for more delights of a musical nature

Probably one of the catchiest one hit wonder songs in the universe, and the only song I know these guys for. Suffice to say it's a pretty nice folky 80s pop song with an infectious chorus.

---
Next Song:

Last edited:

gxngLDl.jpg

It's a fun poppy tune and I quite like the use of the violins.

And I see Gen has already ninja'd me so I won't keep going, but I agree with that she wrote.

---
Next Song:

I love the music here. The baseline is awesome, the guitar is stabby and the drums are great. It's got a very classic punk sound, but unlike a lot of punk I actually like the vocals in this song. They've definitely got that punk sound, but I don't find them annoying like I do in a lot of punk songs. The lyrics are pretty typical for the genre filled with the usual bitterness and cynical edge. It all works together for a great song that rises above a lot I've heard from the genre.

Overall good song.

==============================================================

Next up:

Very fitting title...cause I was bored through the whole thing.

Next, a song I found during an episode of a show that involved two dudes spanking it into a campfire.
nice start , pretty basic but ok
kinda bluesy, sure i hear it b4 somewhere
conclusion i wouldnt change it if it came on the radio but i wouldnt buy it

ok genericuserkinda asked for this :troll:

i was thinking of going with the social justice version but i think that would be pushing the joke too far
tho you can see it in here if you really want too , tho tbh you will prob want the 3 mins of your life back

Last edited by a moderator:
ok genericuserkinda asked for this :troll:

This song will always remind me of the opening credit montage for Watchmen. The rest of the movie wasn't that great and there was a lot to complain about, but those opening credits were legit.

It's a plaintive song about unsure times of change. I'm not really a fan of Dylan's voice, but it works for this song. Like most of Dylan's work it's simple folksy music with an edge of commentary. The music is simple and clean and puts the focus on the narrative Dylan is trying to tell in simple clear terms. There's no hidden messages here, it's a straightforward song that shoots straight.

Not my favorite song, but it's good for what it is.

===================================

So I might have let slip that I liked the Handmaiden so it's time to post some of the awesome soundtrack:

And yes, the title is implying just what you think it does.

Actually it's very possible to be a pimp and a prostitute.

---
Next:

I can't tell if the song is supposed to sound so angry or if Slovakian is one of those languages that makes everyone sound cranky.

These guys call themselves Punk Funk Genius, which is a pretty bold claim. I do hear the influence of both in the song, but I think the funk comes out more at the start of the song and then it becomes more punk rock. It's got a pretty strong baseline, which is always a bonus. In some ways the base play reminds me a bit of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, even if the rest of the song is pretty far off from the RHCP style.

Actually the more I listen to this the more I enjoy it. It's got a strong distinct sound and I'm quite fond of the instrumentals. I can't say the singing does much for me, but it's not bad or annoying.

Overall, it's a pretty cool song.

========================================

This thread has a distinct lack of songs about shaking your pants:

Back