Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
LT: Berenstein Bears. Berenstain Bears......
tumblr_n4es4lKiin1smkwalo1_1280.gif

It's all a fucking conspiracy man.
The CAKE IS A LIE. EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE.

Also, that AVGN episode was glorious.

did i miss a meeting sometime in childhood because i have never heard of the Berenstein Bears
or was it a show that only aired in the US

btw i noticed that the theme song says Berenstein Bears not Berenstain Bears

Sometimes I wonder if things might be a bit better if this was technocracy and science had a much bigger push. But then I remember that it is but an idle dream because the world (ad especially the US) is fully of various cranks, quacks, and snake oil salesmen who believe themselves to be or better than actual scientists and unfortunately, some have a large following. There's also the fact that some scientists think that because they're an expert in one field means they can comment on a field they have no experience in and just because somebody is smart doesn't mean they can't believe stupid things. For example, Albert Einstein believed that Soviet Union was an ideal model for government and denied that Joseph Stalin was doing anything wrong (seriously) meanwhile, Kary Mullis won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for developing the polymerase chain reaction but he also believes in alien abductions, astrology, climate change denial, and HIV denial.

Came here to post Berenstein Bears stuffs, for the same reason (AVGN). But I see that's already been handled.

But I will add this interview with the son of the creators that clears up the spelling, pronunciation, and origin of the name.

http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/i...bears-author-rejects-parallel-universe-theory

did i miss a meeting sometime in childhood because i have never heard of the Berenstein Bears
or was it a show that only aired in the US

It's a series of childrens books that's been around since '62. Just happened to have spawned a childrens cartoon.

Anybody know a good place to read manga that's been translated but not released in the US? I would ask the Manga Discussion but they don't seem to be very active.

LT: I'm really confused! World clock and my computer says the clock at the time of writing is 04:10
But my phone says it is 03:58
Meanwhile, a show I'm expecting to see start at 04:00 has not started yet, but seems to be about to start in a minute when my phone says it will be 04:00.(edit: yep)

Is this some world wide thing? I am so confused as to what I'm meant to trust here!
Are all iPhones saying this? Is my computer or my phone wrong??

LT: I'm really confused! World clock and my computer says the clock at the time of writing is 04:10
But my phone says it is 03:58
Meanwhile, a show I'm expecting to see start at 04:00 has not started yet, but seems to be about to start in a minute when my phone says it will be 04:00.(edit: yep)

Is this some world wide thing? I am so confused as to what I'm meant to trust here!
Are all iPhones saying this? Is my computer or my phone wrong??
The simplest answeris that your phone has somehow disrupted the time stream, since you carry your phone around you are under the zone of influence and now you are slightly out of sync with the rest of the universe.

Truther

why do ppl think the term truther is an insult ?

to someone that is a truther like me , the term is a compliment ,after all it means a person who seeks truth !, it also has another meaning to us truthers too

which is, anyone who uses the word as an insult or derogatory term is marking themselves out as one of the sheeple , there marking themselves as a person who will believe any lie that are told as long as its told by a authority figure !

now b4 ppl start talking about chem trails, 911 buildings, i will just say i don't believe in chem trails and the buildings and planes theory's don't interest me at all , tbh its probably easier to do what they said happened and then exploit the hell out of it ,rather than plan a secret building demo and hide all those passenger for the rest of their lives
what does interest me is the 911 financial paper trail , (put options , project hammer ect)
i am not interested in wild conspiracy theory's but i am interested in conspiracy fact
tho sadly many ppl can not tell the 2 apart and that sometimes includes myself

other than watching loose change, the 911 conspiracy site, i linked too the other day was a link taken from the article someone else had put up for me to read , was the first time i ever actually looked at a conspiracy site
my learning about the 911 paper trail has come from accredited investigative journalist's like micheal ruppert or abby martin

Last edited by a moderator:
the truther movement is way bigger than 911
fact is the 911 building demo / fake planes guys are the lunatic fringe
and tbh they distract ppl from looking at the financial crimes
ok here is a 10ish min vid that explains what i mean by financial crimes and paper trail

ok let my give you a good example of the truther movement
americans do you remember a ball player called "pat tillman" ?

he was in the i think NFL when when 911 happened and later signed up for the army
long story short he died and rumsfeld covered up what actully happened
well micheal c ruppert got on the case (he was like truther finder general)
rumsfeld had to resign his job after micheal told the world what really happened

ok i am not giving a whole lot of detail here because it wasnt a story i really followed but hopfully pat tillman is a name you americans will know because of his NFL days and there for you should be able to get the info on this case fairly easy

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that doesn't tell me what actually happened to the forum. When it goes down you expect to be unable to access it, is this like the barebones of it?

Yeah, this happened the last time (a month or two ago iirc) too (when the site was down for ~4 hours to regenerate the activity feed). Technically the forum and site are separate databases, so we're luckily able to keep the forum up in situations like these.

Fun fact: The reason why the skin has to go away is because it's site-side code - if we didn't remove the skin, essentially, there would be shit tons of errors everywhere and/or it probably wouldn't load at all. So, this is a way we can keep it up with the default xenforo skin :)

Back