Pokemon Generations

Zaig

Pokemon Generations

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

------------------------------------------------

First two episodes are out on The Official Pokemon Channel and will be released weekly until December 23 for a total of 18, 3-5 minute episodes.

Episode 1

Awesome way to start us out - hitting right in the nostalgia feels, which is basically what this anime is all about.

I loved how it plays the opening scene of Pokemon Red, a save is loaded up, and then a Pikachu is caught. That was pretty neat.

Pikachu battling random Pokemon through the regions was entertaining enough. I especially liked its battle with Volcarona and Pikachu using Iron Tail to upheave a tile to defend itself.

Episode 2

Not bad, but the lack of time for setup in this episode made it less interesting. They're really just throwing us into everything, relying on us to know what is happening from playing that part of the game.

I laughed at the scene right before Looker enters the gym, advising to some cops, "Stay alert boys; he's an experienced Pokemon trainer." Then a cop sends out a Magnemite. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
1:

A wild caught pikachu with Volt Tackle? I don't think so. Loved the segue from the game to animation.

Where was Red for most of that? It looked like that little pikachu was going at it alone often.
2:

So I guess we now know what looker does when he isn't sending kids on fetch quests. And you'd better believe Giovanni is a charismatic leader. Team Rocket was so desperate to have him back in Gold/Silver that they hi-jacked that huge radio station in Goldenrod City just to give him a shout out despite having no way of knowing that he'd hear it.

Episode 2:
Someone tell me how it took them so long to figure out Giovanni was the Viridian Gym Leader. Like, aren't those officially sanctioned? It would have been more reasonable to have discovered him being the leader of Team Rocket after the failed Silph Co. takeover via witness testimony.

I'm liking how the animation style for this is totally different to the main anime. A good design choice imo.

Episode 03

Maaaaan, why can't these be longer?? We're being teased so much. Give me Pokemon Origins: Blue Edition.

Episode 04

The highlight of the episode was how the Team Rocket group did their entrance walk towards Lance. I've never seen so much confidence while walking before. :laugh:

Episode 7
ooohh, an episode about Courtney. <3
"Now I just want to engage you and see what happens"
"I want to... analyze you"
God dammit, that voice just ain't right.

7:

Courtney is top-tier pokewaifu material so it pains me to hear her voice being so painfully mismatched. She sounds like an ecstatic schoolgirl when she ought to be all robotic and workmanlike.

Why the fuck do these have to be so short? It sucks since we all know the next episode will probably highlight some completely different lore. I'm guessing a Delta Episode episode will be next. I'm sure it'll cut off just when the fun's about to start like this one did.

Episode 08

What. Kyogre can Fly? The games lie!

Dat dark ending tho...

8:

Is Archie the dumbest crime boss in the series?

Shoulda prepared a Master Ball for this plan

1-18

They are too short to fully dive into the story but they are good background stories to complenent the actual show/games. I wish the regular Pokemon show should have this amount of quality and maturity (like Pokemon Origins had as well).
That Haunter horror episode, that violence, those background stories without the hero showing up, different main chars per season. Not just Ash, pikachu + team Rocket every episode with the same jokes and feel good kid atmosphere.

4 / 5

Last edited:
Aww what. 18 was the last? But I want moar. Next time slow it down and give me everything in each gen with no exceptions. I need to see the scene where the guards are dying of thirst and only one hero can quench it, becoming their true savior. Just how did they become so thirsty? We need to solve this mystery.

What a tease this was. Why did they even do this? They should have just made Pokemon Origins x6 for each gen, would have been amazing.

Great for what it was, but there wasn't enough of it to really get excited. 4/5

I think Red is a better main character than Ash anyway. I do not understand that you still produce seasons with Ash even though Pokémon arrives with Red much better. It's a pity that this anime here is very short like Pokemon The Origin.

The episodes with the legendary Pokemons were the best. In general, I liked the anime very well :)

Back