What Annoys You 2: Return of the Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
teachers are being too strict and stupid, break out the rulers! but it is annoying when a teacher goes postal and handles a situation all wrong, there are better ways to handle things. and it doesn't help when the parents give kudos to their child acting out in the first place, encourages even more bad situations. maybe the teachers should go back to school on how to handle the new generation. maybe, like medical folks, they have refresher courses yearly to educate them on the dos and don'ts sort of thing, would bring down the stress levels on both parts. students (regardless of grade/age) aren't going to change, so change with the times and handle the situations better.

By now we could have a thread dedicated to sjw crap but this video is my favorite thing so far based on that topic.

Why did the security come to you? Because you were fucking screaming like a goddamn lunatic!

These people make me so fucking angry. If she screamed in my face, I'd end up knocking her out. Or at least I'd love to, but it's not worth the legal issues that'd cause. Just pray for a bus to hit her, instead.

There's something seriously damaged about these people.

It's great to have people to target personal anger and frustrations at.

WAM: "Russia and US clinches Syrian peace deal."
Christ, they don't get to decide that, regardless of how much they're backing the involved factions. The amount of self-delusion regarding the forces they've released over the years that they cannot contain is just astounding.
The areas of conflict are too intermingled and intimate for this conflict to actually ever simply grind into deadlock and frozen conflict.
Neither the rebels nor the regime are going to abide by a foreign-made deal for more than a couple weeks, and only that much just to lick wounds and regroup like before.

WAM:
*Video tells how within literally just a couple decades we could forever be rid of several terrible diseases forever with some amazing new science stuff*
*Comment section full of people who wail about how important it is to keep the Africans down, and being completely oblivious to the correlation between improved welfare and lower birth rates*

WAM:
Jackass said:
Hey, let's discuss my controversial opinion for the sake of discussion.
*Gives Reply*
Jackass said:
*Gives Lengthy reply*
*Makes similarly lengthy reply since I have to respond to his shotgunning of points.*
Jackass said:
I'm not gonna read that. My points all stand unshaken and unchallenged.
x11VY9I.gif

I hate it when I have an online test or homework and they give me one those multi-answer questions (e.g. "select all that apply") and the answer is either one of the options or all of them. The first one sucks because it's basically lying to the person looking at it and the second is stupid because having a multi-answer question implies that one of the options is incorrect.

got up yesterday , put the news on to find , julian assange has had his internet access stopped and that RT UK has had its back account frozen

nice attack on free speech
certainly annoyed my for the day

got up yesterday , put the news on to find , julian assange has had his internet access stopped and that RT UK has had its back account frozen

nice attack on free speech
certainly annoyed my for the day

If this makes you feel better that has just triggered the Dead Man Switch, so expect a big dump of leaks sooner or later.

My roommate frequently clears his throat loudly and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Also he occasionally likes to sing along to a song he's listening to but I don't find that as annoying.

If this makes you feel better that has just triggered the Dead Man Switch, so expect a big dump of leaks sooner or later.
kool
at first i was happy about the prospect
but it seems hillary supporters are willfully blind to anything negative about her
i dont mind ppl supporting hillery against trump ,after all, the democrat's have to win
i just wish they would admit she is the worst candidate ever and a complete nutjob criminal psychopath

the lesser of 2 evils is still evil !

Last edited by a moderator:
WAM: The nearly 1 year old kitten repeatedly annoying the (noisy) 11 year old cat just to get my attention while I'm trying to concentrate on something other than her. Spoiled brat.

Also: not seeming to ever be able to clear my Book Depository wishlist of two major items I've been eyeing off for a year or more, and seeing that they're both 30% off. Nuuuuuuu whyyyyyy?! ;_;

WAM: The fact that I don't do the scheduling at all at work and another one of my co-workers who is part-time is getting cut from the usual 40 hours down to 32 so I can get 20 hours and she's pissed at me. She won't talk to me and gives me such mean looks and has this new tone of voice that she uses with me like it's my fault her hours got cut.

WAM: The fact that Worker's Compensation laws have all these stupid time deadlines they have to follow, yet somehow my case seems to completely skip over said laws. The time it took to get me disability was almost 2 months, yet the law says they have to start within 2 days of me falling. The deadline for our court case decision about said disability was 30 days. It's been almost 50 and we're finally just now getting a decision. Why does it have to take so long? Ugh...

WAM: The fact that I don't do the scheduling at all at work and another one of my co-workers who is part-time is getting cut from the usual 40 hours down to 32 so I can get 20 hours and she's pissed at me. She won't talk to me and gives me such mean looks and has this new tone of voice that she uses with me like it's my fault her hours got cut.

WAM: The fact that Worker's Compensation laws have all these stupid time deadlines they have to follow, yet somehow my case seems to completely skip over said laws. The time it took to get me disability was almost 2 months, yet the law says they have to start within 2 days of me falling. The deadline for our court case decision about said disability was 30 days. It's been almost 50 and we're finally just now getting a decision. Why does it have to take so long? Ugh...
i know your pain
had simular issues when i was in the civil service and had a knee infection that put me in hospital for 7days and left me walking with a stick for several years (still need to use one today for longer walks)

WAM: Had a 'gig' I'd been looking forward to for months finally roll around tonight. Brought a friend over who I hadn't been out with in years, who is also leaving to go to Berlin for 3 years in January, and made a big hullaballoo of getting ready. Full finery, pre-drinks, general merriment etc..

We arrive early, which is not something I'd usually do, fully expecting to line up outside because the venue is tiny, and the main act (from the US) we're going for was a huge drawcard for us and was very heavily promoted and RSVP'ed to... Venue is only a fraction full. Okay, that's actually fine. We grab some drinks and wander around the small space.

The music from the first DJ (who I know personally) was okay, we relax and have a bit of a dance around... Then the music from the second DJ just about makes my ears dribble off the sides of my head.

It. Was. Awful.

Terrible track choices, painfully disjointed music genres, horrendous 'mixing' and even a complete 15-second bout of silence when a disc skipped. My friend skipped out to say hi to some friends nearby, and I took that as an indication that she wasn't really able to get into it but was too polite to say so. After that, it was so bad that we actually couldn't help but bail out barely 90 minutes after arriving. Missing the act we were looking so forward to, wasting money on a pretty hefty entry charge and wasting an entire evening getting ready for a big night out.

Ugh.

Only pluses were seeing some old friends, including one who recently came back from Sweden and is staying for 3 months, but overall, what a disappointing disaster.

WAM: Having 2 right wing idiots for parents. Whose entire rationale for voting for a borderline fascist idiot is "Hillary lied about Benghazi" or some shit like that.

WAM: Having 2 right wing idiots for parents. Whose entire rationale for voting for a borderline fascist idiot is "Hillary lied about Benghazi" or some shit like that.
Did'ja tell them about all the congressional hearings that have found her to basically be blameless?
Or how republicans had rejected increasing the security there before the attack happened?

Did'ja tell them about all the congressional hearings that have found her to basically be blameless?
Or how republicans had rejected increasing the security there before the attack happened?
Yes. And it did nothing. They're both so staunchly Republican, they don't care. Even after I explained how Trump is a lying, unqualified, sexual predator, racist, xenophobic twit, they still won't vote for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back