Extremely alpha and extremely rough around the edges, but we've launched a very, very preliminary version of the new site. Many features are missing and there's a lot of things in flux right now, especially related to the design; please be patient - we will be fixing things over the next few days and hopefully will have most old functionality back by the weekend.
The site was created by myself, our developer kenaniah
, and CSS/design guru kace
. We all spent a brutal amount of time over the last month slaving away at this daily. For more information about why we had to put up a rushed/incomplete release, see here
Important notes about this release:
THERE ARE NO NEW FEATURES. THERE ARE NO NEW FEATURES. THERE ARE NO NEW FEATURES.
YOU HAVE NOT LOST YOUR SIGNATURES, FRIENDS, PROFILE COMMENTS, OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION
1. Maintain your anime list (but not through your profile)
You can update/add/delete anime by going to an anime entry, browsing through the alphabetical lists, or browsing through browse by year/tag/studio.
2. Browse for recs/anime info
3. Edit your profile (some fields)
NOT DONE YET:
(THIS INFO IS ALL SAFE IN THE DATABASE - YOU HAVE NOT LOST ANY INFORMATION, YOU JUST CAN'T SEE IT YET)
1. Profile comments *now fixed*
3. Filters in the anime entries
4. Friend functionality
5. Links to see your recs/reviews
6. "See all" for basically anything
7. Anime list through your profile
8. A lot of profile functionality
9. Life on anime *now fixed*
10. Top 5 anime aren't showing up in profile yet
11. Add recommendations *now fixed*
12. Forum shell isn't integrated yet *now fixed*
13. Search results aren't formatted nicely
1. Highlighting over the stars to rate is extremely slow (as is page load) in alphabetical list pages with lots of titles
2. IE6 has a lot of incompatibilities at the moment
3. Review search isn't working right
4. There are weird issues with the username in the logged in panel, often disappears (same with certain blocks of text)
5. Colors are totally in flux - hold the vomiting till we have finalized them!
6. Lots of spacing/CSS strangeness - please don't file bugs on this stuff
7. Various empty areas where we haven't done the content yet
PLEASE FILE BUGS/POST HERE FOR:
1. Blatant error messages you get
2. Obviously very broken features or functionality (READ THE ABOVE FIRST TO MAKE SURE IT'S NOT ALREADY A KNOWN ISSUE)
PLEASE DO NOT POST MESSAGES OR RESPOND WITH:
1. When is [x] going up?
2. This looks like crap! Fix [x]
3. Where did [x] feature go? (read the freaking text above!)
4. Here's my hardcore critique of the design (we haven't finalized a lot yet)
5. I liked the old version better! (this was a rushed release and trust me, we'd prefer to have a few more months to pretty everything up)