Re: Find Your Anime Buddy!
Apologies, I should have cleared up the duties part. Your responsibilities would include:
- Checking regularly to see if new requests have been posted (ideally every day or every two days)
- Updating requests on front page asap, including buddies who are joining groups
- Updating any changes made to schedules by buddy groups on the front page asap
- Closing any groups that are finished (buddies will notify you) and moving them to the spoiler tag at the bottom of the front page as a record
- If threads for requested buddy groups don't exist in the Specific Anime Discussion forum, remind buddy groups to create one. That is, you are responsible for checking that threads are available and linking them on the front page.
- Enforcing the rules: one that gets broken regularly is people requesting currently airing shows, but that's not allowed since the point is to revive old threads and keep the chat in them active. Anyone watching a currently airing show will already have lively chat available in the 'Currently Airing Forum'. You essentially have to be able to say 'no' to things that don't fit the rules.
- Develop FYAB in any way you think is creative and will lead to a more thriving hub e.g. competitions, rewards, etc
And yes, the FYAB mod is allowed to join any buddy group he or she wishes. I'll still be around in the forum and I'll keep those images on the front page, so if there are any questions or whatever, whoever takes over can PM me at any time. I'm happy to help.
Check out my podcast - Nakama Britannica - latest episode is interview with Jonathan Clements!