Violence Jack 1: Harlem Bomber

Varagauzer's avatar By Varagauzer on May 18, 2012

As usual this anime has pretty much a lame story it just tries to be fist of the north star and fails so badly.I mean there is no climax it just seems like a simple race to the finish and its probaly a race that never ends because really nothing is actually well resolved at the end.Don't get me wrong some things are accomplished such as the girl and boy meet the something happens and miraculously the boy dies.But other than its well lame plot lets look at the story ..... Harlem Bomber for crying out loud dont name the guy bomber if he fights with swords!!And he is not even the real enemy the real enemy is the slumking who took a backseat as soon as the show started and the harlem bomber is just one of the slumking's men and all the purpose of the stpry is to kill him because he wants to kill Jack and because he sells girls.I really hated this story no effort was put here what so ever I wanted to give it a rating of 0 but this site won't let me so a 0.1 would have to work for the time.To be honest if you want a good story don't watch this the story is just a mess with no conflict being resolved properly.

Well apart from the horrible story this show does have some decent animation however, there are too many ups and downs.The first battle with Jack and slumking was probaly the best in the entire OVA after that it was just fairly average.There isnt much gore though yes there are a few heads ripped off some signs of bone here and there but there was not as much violence as compared to hells wind and evil town.In fact i would not even call this violent just average fighting with blood  and a few signs of guts and bone nothing too intense.There are however some rape scenes not much but it actually took away the depressing fight scenes.

FINALLY!!!!!! Something excellent about this show the music was just simply amazing.You will only like this music if you like bands like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.The music is more like 80's style heavy metal and yes i love heavy metal music and this show gave me a feel of some long lost 80's awsome music.the voice acting was not that all good but it wa this amazing music that compelled me to give it a full 10/10 if you like those bands that i mentioned earlier you will for sure enjoy the music this OVA has.If you don't like this kind of music the be prepared to like it after watching this OVA because i'm sure that you would like it after watching this anime.

Lame as usual.But wait the girl is the only one with a motive here she loves the boy and he showed some sign of love when he rescued her from being raped.Other than that everyone was like how to describe it like with no motive , dull and boring, Jack is probaly the worst he just goes AAAARRRRGHH and then ARRRRRAAAAGHHH.And I think"english please."For some reason his eyes glow a lot and when it got hit by a knife after he pulled it out it just went back to normal, but really not much effort into the characters as well.

Overall

Well even though I did complain about this show a lot I did in fact enjoy watching it and i do plan on watching it back when i do get some time.I mean it isnt that bad and yet there are some bad qualities about it.Only certain people will enjoy this though if you like gore amd heavy metal(particually 80's style) go ahead and watch other people should just avoid it.

0.1/10 story