Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 1000%

ffbfran's avatar By on Oct 14, 2014

Okay I was not a big fan of the animation but it was good otherwise. The music throughout was great, some soothing, some upbeat, but completely addictive. In fact one of the reasons I continued to watch it was the music. I loved the opening and closing music as well. The main character, well she annoyed me and was my least favorite out of everyone. Her harem consisted of my favorite characters. All those personalities brought together and meshed to make amazing music. The story is interesting and progressed fairly steadily. Overall its worth a watch.

fairytail101's avatar By on Oct 1, 2011

The story line of the anime is very straight forward unlike some other animes that go off onto side storys, this one sticks to a main point and goal. I really love this anime but it sucks that it ended. I love the characters of this anime because they are really awesome people and they are also well devoloped.The sound of the anime is very good and I don't think that it drowns out the characters voices that often only once in a while. The animation of the anime is very good and there are alot of details in some spots.

9.5/10 story
8.5/10 sound
Rancel's avatar By on Apr 17, 2014

This anime is my 2 favorite anime because the charaters are well drawn and the plot itself is intersting.this anime is about a girl named Nanami ( i think this is how u spell her name) who goes to a music school because she loves playing the piano. she meets 6 handsome guys who she kinda helps out and they help her out. they all fall in love with her and ask her to be there parner but she can onlyn choose one. In the end she chooses all of them and they create a very lovely song. Maji love 1000%. (u can hear it in You Tube).  Sorry my english is not very good

9.5/10 story
LadyFate's avatar By on Jan 9, 2012

I was really suprised by this anime. I was not expecting much from it. I almost didn't watch it. While it was not award winning, I really enjoyed watching it. It was only 12 episodes, so I didn't have time ot get bored with it. The characters are fun and charming and the music was fantastic. There was no real romance here, but it still gave off a good reverse harem vibe. The main charater was actually my least favorite, but all the good male characters helped support the anime.

If you are looking for somthing short and fun with good music and handsome men, this is it.

snivets's avatar By on Aug 4, 2013

UtaPri is an extremely light series. It was very pleasant and easy viewing, and didn't have any glaring flaws despite its very stereotypical reverse harem nature. Basically, a plain girl with no obvious talent makes it into prestigious school for idols and entertainers, actually has lots of talent, makes friends with a bunch of hot guys who all try to get her to be their exclusive composer, eventually causing them to form a 6-man idol group.

Story: I ranked the story 4/10 for predictability and cheesy moments, the kind where I rolled my eyes and said, "Am I really watching this?"

Don't let that fool you--the story sets itself apart from many anime of its kind by not having any romantic development whatsoever. I've seen some people complain about the dearth of romance, but I see it as a story move which served to deepen the actual relationships between the characters, hopefully in a set up for romance (which I hope the second season contains more of, or at least teases you in that inconclusive shoujo way). Deep relationships lead to more believable romance, so I guess I see it as a redeeming aspect of the show, rather than something that detracted from my enjoyment of it.

Animation & Sound: Yeah, MC's eyes are pretty weird. Sound is fairly cutesy and somewhat annoying, songs aren't bad or good, just stereotypical cheesy pop with questionable English thrown in. My favorite voice was the principal's, mostly because his over-the-top speech habits were actually consistent but his character wasn't overused, appearing at the exact right moments and never for too long.

Characters: The male characters all have slightly more personality than most flavor-of-the-week bishounen, which is refreshing. The main female is still plain and somewhat annoying, but its rare not to get that in reverse harems.

Overall: I have no idea if this show was good or bad, but it was definitely easy to watch. Probably a good choice if you like reverse harems, shoujo, or shows about idols.