Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 1000%

fairytail101's avatar By on Oct 1, 2011

The story line of the anime is very straight forward unlike some other animes that go off onto side storys, this one sticks to a main point and goal. I really love this anime but it sucks that it ended. I love the characters of this anime because they are really awesome people and they are also well devoloped.The sound of the anime is very good and I don't think that it drowns out the characters voices that often only once in a while. The animation of the anime is very good and there are alot of details in some spots.

9.5/10 story
8.5/10 sound
ffbfran's avatar By on Oct 14, 2014

Okay I was not a big fan of the animation but it was good otherwise. The music throughout was great, some soothing, some upbeat, but completely addictive. In fact one of the reasons I continued to watch it was the music. I loved the opening and closing music as well. The main character, well she annoyed me and was my least favorite out of everyone. Her harem consisted of my favorite characters. All those personalities brought together and meshed to make amazing music. The story is interesting and progressed fairly steadily. Overall its worth a watch.

yasmin09's avatar By on Dec 14, 2011

Story: Allow me to describe the banal unoriginalty that these series chose to hurl at the clearly preteen female demographic. This series revolved around a stereotypically bland generic female (i.e. kind and optimistic with no other defining traits) who chose to attend a music academy so she could write music for some superstar she heard one song from that forever changed her life and then has a splew of males who fall in love with her (Shoujo Theme 2: Kindness is all it takes for guys to fall in love with women). Afterwards, there exists some typical petty drama that arises from love hexagons (heptagons?) and then they get to strive toward their pop idol dreams, one cheesy and lame song after another. This anime was worse than I expected. Sure, I expected a bland female that was just there to push the bishounen males to their dreams all the while somehow following her goal as well, typical awkward scenes between all the males and her particulary in beautiful brochure-like locations (moonlight by the pool, grassy field with a slight breeze, country side with a rainbow, etc), cheesy dialogue and scenes repeated in all shoujo, lame attempts at humor, failed attempts at character development, and the predictable ending. What I did not see coming was the embarrasingly bad songs and dances that were actually laughable, the bizarre and random cat episode, or the president's acid-trip-like reaction to their music. However, this was thoroughly unoriginal for the most part.

Animation: Typical yet odd seems like a good way of describing the animation. The background and scenery was nicely colored and designed with nothing too out of the ordinary. Characters, on the other hand, were not. They had varying crayola hair colors and styles to distinguish one from another with the main female having bizarrely creepy yellow eyes. Even the clothing was strange and almost comical in an attempt to be stylish and attractive. It looked just like a video game turned anime, and it was not really done all that well. Unlike The World God Only Knows which was meant to have that kind of an appearance since it satirizes dating sims games, this anime was not and so the animation did little to enhance the series.

Sounds: Generic (and humourous) boy band music and forgettable score. The opening and ending were catchy and comical but not memorable. The rest of the music was not memorable either. They either made me laugh by horribly lame they were or left me feeling embarrassed that females actually swooned over this.

Characters: All were cliche, cookie-cutter characters. There's the kind optimistic yet frail female who unites the males and garners their love, long-haired saxophone playing flirt, red-headed enthusiast, quiet and serious blue-haired male, fashionable male, misunderstood idol trying to achieve some dream, random guy with glasses with a double personality, cat boy, over-the-top president, transvestite, cheerful female best friend, caring grandma, pressuring father, and the list goes on. Nothing original here.

Overall: Those who like shoujo but have seen little, those who love all shoujo, or those who love fluff romantic entertainment might find this to be a good series. Those who have seen a few know that this anime has little to no redeeming qualities. Watch this for some laughs at the ridiculous songs and dances and incredibly lame plots. This would even be okay for those who want a mindless but clean kid-friendly series with little to no substance that does not offend. Those who want something of substance and originality, just steer clear. The only reason I saw the entire series was so that I could offer a justified reason/review for why no else should.

2.5/10 story
LadyFate's avatar By on Jan 9, 2012

I was really suprised by this anime. I was not expecting much from it. I almost didn't watch it. While it was not award winning, I really enjoyed watching it. It was only 12 episodes, so I didn't have time ot get bored with it. The characters are fun and charming and the music was fantastic. There was no real romance here, but it still gave off a good reverse harem vibe. The main charater was actually my least favorite, but all the good male characters helped support the anime.

If you are looking for somthing short and fun with good music and handsome men, this is it.

kanamekakashi's avatar By on May 28, 2012

I know, in a way, we all love stereotypes. So if you like the male caracters in ouran highschool host club, you might appreciate this story, or be let down by the missed potentiel of this serie.

This is a romance prohibited shoujo (as the teacher says at the start of the story). And no, this is not a trending and doki doki prohibited romance, there is no romance at all. They choose to concentrate the action on music which is fine, but they never used the music material they presented : two violonists, a guitarist and a saxophonist. The composer, who is supposed to be really good, only writes boring or cheesy songs without, of course, any instruments even though she plays piano. So in the end, it sounds cheap. (And i'm rough because they did better in Angel beats or kaichou wa maid-sama even if they are not "music tagged anime'')

Also, the main female caracter is seen by her friends as a kind, air headed, and a hard worker, doing her best in all circomstances. The problem is that she is presented to us, viewers, as a depressing friend, a cry baby and a stressed agoraphobic. Despite her great appereance, she has creepy eyes and no, you won’t get used to it.

I did not understand why they were shintoists allusions with ‘‘magicals’’ sceneries and white birds showing the path of love/friendship. Let’s not forget Cecile, the talking-arabic-or-indian-from-west-cat-with-a-purple-tattoo who has a bigger role than the only girl friend Nanami has.

But hey, what do we have to say, there is so few reverse harem....

1.5/10 overall