Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 1000%

ffbfran's avatar By on Oct 14, 2014

Okay I was not a big fan of the animation but it was good otherwise. The music throughout was great, some soothing, some upbeat, but completely addictive. In fact one of the reasons I continued to watch it was the music. I loved the opening and closing music as well. The main character, well she annoyed me and was my least favorite out of everyone. Her harem consisted of my favorite characters. All those personalities brought together and meshed to make amazing music. The story is interesting and progressed fairly steadily. Overall its worth a watch.

fairytail101's avatar By on Oct 1, 2011

The story line of the anime is very straight forward unlike some other animes that go off onto side storys, this one sticks to a main point and goal. I really love this anime but it sucks that it ended. I love the characters of this anime because they are really awesome people and they are also well devoloped.The sound of the anime is very good and I don't think that it drowns out the characters voices that often only once in a while. The animation of the anime is very good and there are alot of details in some spots.

9.5/10 story
8.5/10 sound
Rancel's avatar By on Apr 17, 2014

This anime is my 2 favorite anime because the charaters are well drawn and the plot itself is intersting.this anime is about a girl named Nanami ( i think this is how u spell her name) who goes to a music school because she loves playing the piano. she meets 6 handsome guys who she kinda helps out and they help her out. they all fall in love with her and ask her to be there parner but she can onlyn choose one. In the end she chooses all of them and they create a very lovely song. Maji love 1000%. (u can hear it in You Tube).  Sorry my english is not very good

9.5/10 story
snivets's avatar By on Aug 4, 2013

UtaPri is an extremely light series. It was very pleasant and easy viewing, and didn't have any glaring flaws despite its very stereotypical reverse harem nature. Basically, a plain girl with no obvious talent makes it into prestigious school for idols and entertainers, actually has lots of talent, makes friends with a bunch of hot guys who all try to get her to be their exclusive composer, eventually causing them to form a 6-man idol group.

Story: I ranked the story 4/10 for predictability and cheesy moments, the kind where I rolled my eyes and said, "Am I really watching this?"

Don't let that fool you--the story sets itself apart from many anime of its kind by not having any romantic development whatsoever. I've seen some people complain about the dearth of romance, but I see it as a story move which served to deepen the actual relationships between the characters, hopefully in a set up for romance (which I hope the second season contains more of, or at least teases you in that inconclusive shoujo way). Deep relationships lead to more believable romance, so I guess I see it as a redeeming aspect of the show, rather than something that detracted from my enjoyment of it.

Animation & Sound: Yeah, MC's eyes are pretty weird. Sound is fairly cutesy and somewhat annoying, songs aren't bad or good, just stereotypical cheesy pop with questionable English thrown in. My favorite voice was the principal's, mostly because his over-the-top speech habits were actually consistent but his character wasn't overused, appearing at the exact right moments and never for too long.

Characters: The male characters all have slightly more personality than most flavor-of-the-week bishounen, which is refreshing. The main female is still plain and somewhat annoying, but its rare not to get that in reverse harems.

Overall: I have no idea if this show was good or bad, but it was definitely easy to watch. Probably a good choice if you like reverse harems, shoujo, or shows about idols.

kanamekakashi's avatar By on May 28, 2012

I know, in a way, we all love stereotypes. So if you like the male caracters in ouran highschool host club, you might appreciate this story, or be let down by the missed potentiel of this serie.

This is a romance prohibited shoujo (as the teacher says at the start of the story). And no, this is not a trending and doki doki prohibited romance, there is no romance at all. They choose to concentrate the action on music which is fine, but they never used the music material they presented : two violonists, a guitarist and a saxophonist. The composer, who is supposed to be really good, only writes boring or cheesy songs without, of course, any instruments even though she plays piano. So in the end, it sounds cheap. (And i'm rough because they did better in Angel beats or kaichou wa maid-sama even if they are not "music tagged anime'')

Also, the main female caracter is seen by her friends as a kind, air headed, and a hard worker, doing her best in all circomstances. The problem is that she is presented to us, viewers, as a depressing friend, a cry baby and a stressed agoraphobic. Despite her great appereance, she has creepy eyes and no, you won’t get used to it.

I did not understand why they were shintoists allusions with ‘‘magicals’’ sceneries and white birds showing the path of love/friendship. Let’s not forget Cecile, the talking-arabic-or-indian-from-west-cat-with-a-purple-tattoo who has a bigger role than the only girl friend Nanami has.

But hey, what do we have to say, there is so few reverse harem....

1.5/10 overall