Traveling Daru

Alt titles: Tabisuru Nuigurumi: Traveling "Daru"

Naga's avatar By Naga on Jun 2, 2013

This is the one of those 5% of shorts that’s worth dying for. With pretty look and to the point progression, Traveling Daru managed to achieve everything there was to achieve. It deals with a quite simple storyline consisted of one alive stuffed animal is looking for his lost master with his newfound friends. I myself couldn’t believe that I could enjoy something so simple, and yet so beautiful in everything it does.

The music and the animations were great and totally on the spot. The animations were rich and fluid and designs were funky and cute, almost the best combination for this kind of anime. The music was omnipresent and it blended almost perfectly with every single event. When it needed to be adventure-ish it did, and it did it good, and when it had to be dramatic it did it even better. It’s not rich in content, but it’s melodic enough that you could enjoy this anime with your eyes closed.

While Daru is not much of a character, the feel of this anime made me feel for him and whish him well in his quest. The rest were even less characters than Daru was, but they found their place in this story in a way or another. Bottom line: it’s beautiful… it’s one of those things we’ll show to aliens when they visit us, and if they tell us that it’s bad then we’ll kill them all. :3

Best girl: /