They Are My Noble Masters

Alt titles: Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de

james4888's avatar By james4888 on Oct 13, 2010

After watching the first episode the story is this, to siblings a bro and sis runaway from an abusive they find themselves looking for a homd=e and a job and they luck out when they run into a girl whos sister has a mansion she gives them a home and a job as a butler and maid.

aznscrew's avatar By aznscrew on Apr 14, 2010

" they are my noble masters" is a must watch for anyone who loves maids, cuteness and comedy with added spice of ecchi. The story will give you the warm fuzzy feeling of familiarity if you've ever watched "maid" type anime before. Although the series was made in 2008 the animation is still impressive up to this day (especially the boobs :P). The voice acting was so good that the animated characters felt they were alive (seriously, it was that good). The music complimented well with the atmosphere and mood of the scenes and sometimes it can pull off a "tear jerker" (yes..i dropped a few tears in some of the scenes). Finally the characters are extremely fun to watch, each of them has a unique personality and everyone of them are guaranteed to make you "ROFL" (literally). Overall this is officially my favorite anime and after i watched it , i still miss it. I recommend to anyone who loves comedy, maids or ecchi.
Watch it guys and girls!!

randomredneck's avatar By randomredneck on Mar 17, 2011

Greetings fellow anime viewers(and people bored enough to read another review by me) its RandomRedneck with a review of another show. This time, i give my thoughts on a show that reeked of average to me. That show is called, "They are my noble masters." And trust me, no one is really all that noble in this show. Let us begin shall we?

STORY

The story goes as such. Ren, and his highly annoying sister Mihato have run away to the city to escape an abusive father. As you can guess, two teenagers running away from home are gonna have issues. Money and jobs being the biggest. And, conveniently, a girl just happens to pass out on the street near them. That girl is named Miyo, she's rich, invites them to her home, yadda yadda yadda, they get hired by her older sister Shinra as a butler and a maid. From there you get a typical harem-ish anime plot.

ANIMATION

Its alright actually. Nothing award winning, but it works.  What annoyed me was the background characters. They are just drawn as orange and green paper cut out looking things.

SOUND

Highly unimpressed here. The ending and opening are both like taking a cheese grater to your ear drums, and Shinra's classical nonsense isn't gonna wow you.

CHARACTERS

And here is where Redneck gets annoyed. This show has two passable characters. Ren and Natose, that awesome chick with the eye patch. The others? Your typical assortment of anime characters types. You have the ojou(Shinra) the smart one(Miyu) the "please notice me" youngest sibling(Yume) the tsundere(Benisu) and the "For the love of god, shoot this bitch"(Agahe). A particular annoyance, is during a scene near the end, where these super powered chicks fall prey to that old chestnut, "The standard female grab area".

OVERALL

Average, unimpressive, hard to stomach characters, and an ear rape of a opening and ending theme.  If you like those, check out "They are my noble masters". If not, you best steer clear. Thank you.

Yours truly,

RandomRedneck

CoolHandMike's avatar By CoolHandMike on Oct 24, 2011

Quite good when it's being light-hearted but is tedious when it's more serious. The elder sister/matriarch is hilariously lecherous and the other characters are ok but this is not an anime I would be tempted to revisit. Above average but nothing more.

LinkSword's avatar By LinkSword on Jun 14, 2011

Here lies the proof that fanservice doesn't necessarily ruin every anime it pops up in as long as the show itself has something going for it.

On the surface, TamNM looks like your everyday, run-off-the-mill generic ecchi fare. On the inside, it still is typical ecchi material, but with important differences which make it an enjoyable ride instead of the usual unnerving experience that garbage like Ladies vs Butlers or Akikan are to me.

Let's start with what it does not do. To begin with, it does not take itself too seriously, nor does it try too hard to pull comedy like other ecchi shows do. Humor is delivered naturally, as it should, and it doesn't completely rely in tired concepts such as ''guy accidentally grabs girl's boobs -> is given punch and sent flying''. Actually, such retarded excuses of comedy are mostly extinct here, which I felt really grateful for. Instead, a healthy dose of parody and breaking the fourth wall is applied and the characters bring the show to life with their quirks, from the house butler's diligent, militar-like, overly serious composure to those who define themselves as ''lacking in personality'' and struggle not to fade in the background shadowed by everyone else.

Yes, it's really the characters what turn an otherwise unsavory, bleh moe fest into a fun show in which you can actually enjoy their antics. No stupid reactions to every little thing, no retarded tsundere in every fucking corner, no 'kyaaah kawaii' copy-past lolis and definitely NO-WIMPY-MALE-CHARACTER (not that he's a role model, but he's not an obnoxious wuss either). While I'm not saying these characters can't be tagged in certain stereotypes, it is evident that they fight against this simplification naturally, by simply following the flow of the story through their interactions with each other (which are, more often than not, charming and surprisingly refreshing - for an ecchi show) as well as using the much appreciated resource of self-parodying to avoid falling into clichés. There are also background stories for each that are thrown in at proper times to add some more dimension to them - nothing amazing, but again, way over the average for the genre.

Long story short, they are well characterised and they truly shine together as a solid ensemble, and I can safely say I enjoyed all of them. The cast is like a big family, and while this is something Shinra Kuonji, the girl who owns the house states herself, it's important for the show to believably portray it - which it does - and the result is a pretty endearing watch that, above all else, makes me smile. I would only leave out Yume's two school friends, but those were reaaaally minor anyways.

Accompanying the comedy, which would be the main focus, there is a certain amount of drama. Or rather, melodrama. But it's, again, the way the show deals with and delivers it that not only makes it tolerable but also rather enjoyable. It definitely tends to escape from the infinitely overblown proportions of the puke-drama you usually get in ecchi.

Animation and sound were both okay although not outstanding. Voice acting was, as usual when it comes to Japanese seiyuu, very good, it felt like every character was treated with care in the performance in order to mark their 'uniqueness'.

Well, yeah, I guess this is way too long a text for an anime that, in the end, is not that good, but it's extremely rare for me to enjoy an ecchi show to this extent (more like... first time ever?) so I felt a broad explanation to make my point - and celebrate a good find - was in order. Really, it's good to know that even when doing a series with boobs and panties a plenty there are still some miraculous occasions in which the actual content does not fucking sucks. So yeah... Cheers!

I would welcome a second season of this, although the ending wrapped it up for the most part in my opinion.

7.5/10 sound