The Severing Crime Edge

Alt title: Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge

zoolgodofchaos's avatar By on Nov 9, 2015

just dam dam and dam. its dark,its mest up,and its a dam good anime so all to gether i it has a good story.

Mohyeekage's avatar By on Dec 17, 2014

I can summary the review in 5 points that will make marathon the whole anime in 1 single night:

1. The main character has a hair fetish. (It's true I swear, I bet it's your first to know of a hair fetish LOL)

2. The heroine is a Loli with hair twice her height long.

3. Every other friccin character other than those two have a killing fetish, they all have an urgent sensation to kill and kill and well... Kill, also killing make them horny.

4. The main villain is a mature women with huge crazy Oppai

5. I don't have anything to say, (I tried to fix it and make them only 4 points but was too lazy to do it)

there is yuri in this anime so it is a must. XD

Best quote in the anime: He violated my hair

7.5/10 story
triviper's avatar By on Jul 2, 2014

Spring 2013 Anime Review - Dansai Buri no Crime Edge
- Nice opening
- Underrated, good anime. Not amazing by any means, but still pretty decent and more deserving of recognition than it has.
- Syringe vs scissors…
- Kind of like a different iteration of Fate/Stay
- Anime-Koi (fansubs) y u so bad…
- Friend zone scene during camping trip xD
- Ho ho, dat unexpected plot twist when the noose judge is murdered
- Properly handled death, the value of a human life
- They censored a syringe medically taking out blood lol...
- MMM INUYASHA
- Ending: director/production can't finish series so turns into Harem and gives open ending

————————————————————————————————

UPDATE: Anime-Planet has removed the Blog feature where this post was originally published on March 23, 2014. I pulled the scores from my ratings, although this is NOT a formal review. Think of it more as “thoughts on…<anime title>”. I wrote my thoughts out as I progressed through the series, so contradictions may occur as my opinion shifts. To shorten the post I took excerpts from the original. Sorry for any inconvenience and please leave your thoughts below! :)

2013 Spring Anime Reviews:

• Attack on Titan - http://www.anime-planet.com/users/triviper/reviews/14071
  • Gargantia - http://www.anime-planet.com/users/triviper/reviews/14072
  • The Flowers of Evil - http://www.anime-planet.com/users/triviper/reviews/14073
  • Arata the Legend - http://www.anime-planet.com/users/triviper/reviews/14074
  • Crime Edge - http://www.anime-planet.com/users/triviper/reviews/14080
  • Valvrave S1 - http://www.anime-planet.com/users/triviper/reviews/14081
Bestanimeserie's avatar By on Jul 4, 2013

Synopsis
After reading through the synopsis the story is about kiri who has been obsessed with cutting hair since he was a kid and always carry's a pair of scissors around, then he meets iwai a young girl who's hair can't be cut. The girl iwai is also a unwilling participant in a deadly game where other people have ' killing goods' special items to kill and whoever kills iwai gets a prize beyond imagination. Wielding his shears kiri must protect iwai against those who wish to kill her.

Story: While the story does start of well and the first few episode's are quite good the show does takes small detours which are mostly more fetishes and make the story quite bad since it's not looking at the main storyline but rather at side story's. So why the high score you ask? well the story isn't that original but there are reasons why people go after Iwai-chan and not ' just because' that is a great part I liked.

Animation: Nothing to mention here the action is smooth and the animation is what you'd expect from a show in 2013

Characters: The characters are a bit bland I liked the interactions and comedy moments but they really where pretictable and kind boring since they introduced a new 'bad guy' almost every episode there wasn't really a main evil root.

Sounds: The opening in this show was really good, I really liked it and it fitted the show very well. The ED wasn't one of my favorite's but it was still kinda nice. Background sounds was one of the things I did not notice and it wasn't that good but on the other hand the music/sounds during the battle scene's where done really good.

Enjoyment: Well this was a enjoyable anime and actually the one I was most looking forward to this season, whilst it didn't really go as I expected it was still pretty good and if you don't mind the fetishes you should really check this one out!

Now for the ratings

Story 7/10
Animation 8/10
Characters 6/10
Sound 7/10
Enjoyment 7/10

Overall 7/10

Recommendations

If you liked this show you most likely want to check out mirai nikki since that has many things similar to this show.

If you have comments, tips or anything else feel free to leave a message!

YoakeCassidy's avatar By on Jun 30, 2013

I watched Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge in precisely two days. That was all it took. The episodes flowed over into each other naturally and I'm glad I started late so I didn't have to wait a week every time.

Dansai Bunri is the story of a middle school boy, Kiri, who has a fetish for cutting hair. He meets a cursed girl, Iwai-chan, and practically falls in love with her instantly. Being the only one who can cut her hair with his Killing Goods, cursed scissors he inherited through his bloodline (it belonged to a brutal killer), they stick around each other and soon fall in love. Nevertheless, him cutting her hair started something. They find out that everyone with a Killing Goods (Authors) wants to kill her, because then they can have a wish granted. Kiri, however, vows to protect her, even if that means becoming evil, as long as she will still accept him. Iwai happily agrees. The battle begins.

From episose one I really enjoyed Dansai Bunri, because of variating aspects. I liked the story line, how they played with young love and fetishes, I liked the animation, because it underlined every character's personality, I liked the characters themselves, because of their realism. When I continued watching it, I found that I really found it an enjoyable anime. It was realistic (as far as a plot like that can be realistic) and still it had that supernatural air over it that you can't avoid.

What also attracted me were the characters that weren't exactly in the spotlights. They're overall development and personalities, along with their backstories, were very interesting. Also, the series managed to surprise me when the student council president turned out to be the servant of the student council vice-president. I didn't see that coming.

My favourite character? Rulebook. An Author that kills criminals out of a strange sense of justice. He's kind of a creep, but I enjoyed his relationship with the police officer that chased him.

Of course, there were some things that I thought were highly illogical. Like, after the party, Kiri does lick Iwai-chan's neck, but kissing her lips is a no-go. Little details like that felt kind of off, but they weren't extremely annoying.

All in all, it was an enjoyable anime in the genre 'fetishes-crime-murder-love-ethics'. Though it's very obvious that the end of the anime is not the end of the story. It has barely just started.