Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Alt title: Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

Add review
Dallas813's avatar
Feb 20, 2015

I LOVED THE SHOW. kAWAII ENDING. DEVELOPED CHRACTERS. wOULD RECCOMEND. SCARY AT TIMES TOO. ITS SIMILAR TO THE ANIME ANOTHER. THOUGH, IT ISNT GORY...

hotspot's avatar
Oct 27, 2016

'''Note: My review does NOT have spoilers, but I delve into some "Hints" on how things end. But they're not actual spoilers."

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, is an anime about a ghost girl who has been trapped in a school for many decades. Only some people can see her, including the main character, Niiya. Niiya wants to solve the mystery of Yuuko, the ghost girl, who has no memories of her death, or anything from when she was alive.

Dusk Maiden is okay, I'm not really thrilled about the show, and I was expecting it to be so much better.  I'm actually pretty disappointed, I thought the anime was going to be a nice mystery show, about how Yuuko died....allthough they do cover that, slowly (And a bit unfinished if you ask me, the character even said there was more to the story, and they didn't touch it!!!) it does get entertaining, but nothing too crazy. But the show, especially the first half, gets watered down with uncessary amounts of fanservice/ecchi, and pointless romance between the main character and a ghost. (How does that even work?!) My biggest problem with the show, is that everytime a clue, or a mystery is about to be revealed... they decide to either make the mystery a joke, or, it gets cut by a romantic scene, or just an adventure scene that is completely unrelated. Sure, it gives you the feeling of wanting more, but I feel like, the way they do it, is just too annoying. Like the premise of finding out how the ghost Yuuko died, and all of the clues they find, could have made for a very interesting tale. Yes, when the mystery is revealed, it's very satisfying.. but it also feels left out. It made me want more, like there was something else there, that they never touched on. I just think they had the opportunity to make such an interesting mystery anime, but they failed with too much fanservice, and romance. I just think it had so much potential, and they wasted it! Most of the characters are underdeveloped, and usually take the back seat, getting rarely any air time. You really don't get to know too much about other characters except for Niiya, and Yuuko.. it's almost like other characters were just there to kind of, give Niiya clues, and then help solve the mystery (Without those characters actually being involved). When the mystery is finally solved, the main character does not want the ghost of Yuuko to leave... understandable, but it's just like... Dude.. she's a ghost... You have to let her pass...The whole a boy falling in love with a ghost girl, is just too weird. I may not be into heterosexual romances, but this was just weird.... I do however, like the comedy, music and the colors of the anime, those are great! The ending theme is very good, and a great fit for the anime, along with the scenery in the ending theme. My favorite joke, is when Niiya pretends to "call", the club president on the phone. The club president being Yuuko, because not everyone can see Yuuko (Although this happens very rarely, but would have made for a great running gag).

I'd also like to mention that the first episode, should not have been the first episode! The second episode was a perfect starter, it would have made so much more sense to have made the second episode the first... considering the second & third episode, formally introduces you to everyone. While the first episode, everyone knows each other already.

Overall, I give it a 6. The mystery was interesting, and the art and music are nice. But the romance and fanservice was just unecessary. The show made me want more, I wanted more mystery and more craziness... but that never happened. Sure, what happend to Yuuko is interesting, but it wasn't THAT interesting. It had so much more potential than that, but it fell flat. For me, I love an anime that has a great story, or something that just captivates me, even if it was weeks, or months since I've seen the show. I love those lasting effects.. but this anime is not one of those to have such a lasting effect. I'll move on tomorrow, where other mystery shows like Neuro, or Ayatsuri Sakon, will always take a special place in my heart. Because, they had interesting characters, an impacting story, and a nice mystery (Well, Neuro is just a fun anime, not so much mystery). If I told you what anime this reminds me of, I would say the recent anime (2016) Erased. Sure, Tasogare came out 4 years before Erased.. but I have the same feelings for both. They had a great premise, a very interesting mystery with interesting characters.. but they just didn't cut it.. The mystery being solved was just not as endearing as It should have been.. it was just very unsatisfying... I wanted more, but it just wasn't there.

blitzburns4's avatar
Jun 18, 2016

Please Note: So I can better analyze certain aspects of this series and its characters/story without inhibition—I reserve the right to give spoilers in this review. With that said, many of the plot points I go over in this review shouldn’t ruin the viewing experience…I will say I found myself disappointed in some respects with this title. You may want to know what I have to say before spending around five hours watching this series to find if it is for you or not. I know for certain I would have liked to have known what I’m about to explain in this review.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia Review (Also known as Tasogare Otome x Amnesia)

I’m conflicted about this series. In some ways, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia exceeded my expectation and I adored it over its thirteen episodes- but in many others I was left sorely disappointed. As a whole, I find that it’s very hard to hold certain grudges against a series for what it didn’t do—because that is admittedly sort of subjective and unfair and I feel takes away from the positive qualities I experienced as to highlight the series’ negatives. Also, I’m something of a romantic. Even the worst love story can still get under my skin. In any case- much better is to take the perspective of what can be improved rather than tarnished, and in many ways I am indeed happy that I watched Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. For what it’s worth- I regret neither buying nor watching it. How the series handles its love triangles and initial challenges between Teiichi and Yuuko, for example, is at first pretty engaging because the viewers suffer along with Teiichi in trying to decide whether to trust Yuuko or not. Until the story affirms that Yuuko is not, in fact, an evil spirit past episode 1 and 3 the series is in actuality quite suspenseful in select moments…It’s unfortunate that it loses this suspense until Episode 7 and Episode 12, respectively- seeing as it decides to push a more light and romance-based route.

I do appreciate the series’ production values, as another example, which took advantage of a beautiful color palette and the artistic talent provided courtesy of studio Silver Link. (Who made Kokoro Connect) At the very least, I never once was disengaged from the story for how it looked- which is another underrated attribute I do appreciate. The audio, also superb to an even higher degree than the visuals, carries much more weight than such an aspect should. Finally—and most importantly—there were numerous points in the ending three episodes that I felt touched by the inter-character dynamics between the leads Teiichi and Yuuko. Like when Yuuko would lose memory of Teiichi, or Teiichi would become invisible to Yuuko for various reasons. Or when Yuuko’s past is revealed and Teiichi silently suffers the memory with her. These are all possible problems of a love between a human and a ghost. As it relates to the romance, the series is indeed quite ingenious at times and has successful moments- even as it is, literally, cringe-worthy at numerous other long points in between these dramatic conflicts and points of development.

However, the damning problem with this series is that Dusk Maiden of Amnesia fails to deliver on its primary premise as a horror or psychological mystery. For that reason, I will forever bear a grudge against it. And I will educate as many potential viewers as possible to its true nature because I honestly do not believe there is feeling worse to an anime fan than failed expectation. Yuuko, even at her most vile or dark points in the story, is never a truly malignant entity- and past the first few episodes her presence does not induce a sense of horror. Instead, the series becomes all about drama. Can the romance continue past this external issue is what becomes the primary basis for conflict. This isn’t necessarily bad if rom-coms are your thing, but even in the romance department Dusk Maiden of Amnesia relies heavily on established genre tropes that can be found in any other popular ecchi or harem title. There are lots of boob grabs, lots of instances of objectification, and the basis for the romance is sort of flimsy, at best, given that Yuuko is drawn to Teiichi simply because he can see her and he pays attention to her...even as he continues to be oblivious to both her and his inner feelings until forced to act due to a developing conflict or crisis. Every time Yuuko asks Teiichi to touch her I’d cringe. Every time Teiichi acted like a dumb idiot I’d cringe harder. It’s a case example of the blind leading the blind.

While gratifying, the premise of the series is what initially drew me in. I thought that the series premise was one of a horror mystery that included elements of romance. Just because the romance turned out to be entertaining (as well as the focus of the series) at some points doesn’t take away from the fact that Dusk Maiden of Amnesia should have been much more suspenseful, horrific, or psychological based off the series’ premise and its first few episodes and fanfare. In truth, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is a relatively straightforward romance between a high school student named Teiichi Niiya and a female ghost of the same age (at least appearance wise) named Yuuko Kanoe. It’s not all fun and games, of course, but again just because some of the drama is able to pull a viewer’s heart strings at its strongest points doesn’t mean the show gets a pass for its faults. Far from it. My understanding of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia when I ordered the complete series released by Sentai Filmworks off Amazon was that it was a contemporary to other popular horror-mystery anime titles like Another; this series was supposed to be something of a high-quality horror title. At least, that was my impression of the series based off the glowing positive reviews I saw on Amazon and elsewhere. I did notice that certain anime review websites like T.H.E.M and Nihon gave the series negative reviews with a 4/10 and three stars, respectively. However given that I’m a fan (not fanboy, mind you) of other badly-received series like Akame ga Kill and Broken Blade I decided to give conventional wisdom the middle finger and go for it.

Alas, I must admit that this time I was wrong…mostly. As is usual, both the critics and the fanboys were wrong. The truth lies squarely in the middle of the two claims that this is trash and that this is a top-tier romance/horror. It’s good. Worth watching but not much else…and probably more worthwhile reading than watching now that we mention it.

Not once did I see it mentioned that this series was primarily a romantic high school rom-com with some supernatural elements thrown into the mix. So I’ll say it now: this is a romantic high school rom-com with some supernatural elements thrown into the mix. A little on the suspenseful side at select moments? Sure. But the series is hardly be called psychological or anything remotely scary. Here’s the thing. This series handles its horror and romance elements just well enough that I can’t say I hated it. As stated, there were indeed many moments that I found myself attached to the main characters’ continued internal and emotional struggles- Episode 11 being a highlight as Teiichi relives Yuuko’s tragic death- but it becomes quite evident early on that implications of every melodrama, every conflict, and every character interaction would amount to very little beyond what is introduced in the first episode. One highlight that was built up was Yuki’s forgotten past that’s literally in the name of the series, [“Amnesia”] but the traumatic buildup leads to a cliché confession of love from the primary character towards those dark memories. It’s touching, true, especially when the series dares to use the confession as an inciting incident to cause Yuuko to start to disappear in the final episode—it’s not anything that truly challenges or changes the dynamic of Teiichi and Yuuko’s relationship in the end. It may have, had the series lived up to the tragedy introduced in the 12th episode- but of course series pulls a fake-out in the last moment and finishes on an inconclusive note. There’s a thirteenth OVA episodes that adds near-zilch to the storyline but serves as an epilogue of sorts to the events of the main series. I’ll take it, and I’ll say that I’m happy it was created- but I do harbor numerous grievances towards it. Just like I do for the numerous other filler episodes that are textbook cases of rom-com conventions.

Throughout the series Teiichi and Yuuko undergo trial after trial to their unique relationship, some of which are just cringe-worthy, and I just kept lamenting over and over how objectified and one-dimensional the characters all were most of the time. I blame convention and tropes for this, but how in the world could such a dichotomy could be so popular is beyond me. Even in the context of a romance, if a series does not seize the opportunity to create meaningful development…than any emotional experience really amounts to nothing. This is the case for Episode 8’s drama surrounding Yuuko allowing herself to forget Teiichi’s existence. The series had some real great opportunities to create a meaningful development for Teiichi and Yuuko that could have delivered much more powerful messages to the viewers than what we ended up with. Again, it’s all just a matter of missed potential. I can only fault the series so much for what it didn’t do… because hindsight is 20/20. Given what’s there, and within the context of established convention, the series does what it does quite well. Even if it completely misses its horror/psychological marks at the same time. But what of the filler material from Episode 2, Episode 4, Episode 5, and the OVA? These are all standard rom-com fanfare that must be waded through instead of truly enjoyed. A class festival, a couple of stake-outs to solve mysteries the four members of the paranormal investigations club themselves came up with…Not pointless, but not exactly quintessential beacons of development either. Episodes 6/7 are a horror-arc of sorts that totally and utterly fails in every respect possible. It introduces a self-contained conflict centering around paranoia spawned thanks to rumors caused invariably by Yuuko’s existence and paranoid fellow students' attempt at human sacrifice to placate her. Even the thought of parental or adult supervision breaks the basis for this entire conflict. It does feature the single character in the series besides Teiichi, Yuuko, Kirie, and Momoe to make an appearance in more than one episode. Her name is Yuuko Kirishima and she serves as a one-shot antagonist of sorts who is neither foreshadowed, mentioned, nor ever seen again.

Despite my better objective judgment, being super disappointed at this series’ missed potential means I’m holding something of a grudge. I was expecting more of a horror story and less of a romance, and I received the exact opposite. Not only that, even during the few horror segments/moments the series has during Episodes 1 [Last scene], Episode 3, and Episodes 8-12 the series seems to radiate that, as a whole, the script-writers, directors, and animators of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia didn’t really want to have any horror segments at all. The series never breaks “the line” that is convention and really makes viewers sweat. Why? Every instance of horror ends up being tied into the series’ ongoing melodramatic interactions...which center exclusively around Teiichi. Can Teiichi find it in himself to trust that Yuuko isn’t an evil haunting spirit in Episode 3. Can Teiichi find it in himself to confess his feelings to Yuuko so she remembers him in Episode 8. Can Teiichi find it in himself to face and experience and accept Yuuko’s dark past in Episodes 9/10/11. It’s all still high-quality and enjoyable, but I’m using hyperbole here to get across a point: not every conflict is supposed to have a convenient resolution. Making difficult choices is the basis for any great story and especially love stories. Was this is a fault of script writing or pacing? Possibly, but considering the series does have a number of moments of ingenuity I attribute this more to an unwillingness to break convention. All instance of horror end up being downplayed when they should have instead been played up. Yandere-like instances of jealousy shouldn’t be settled as misunderstandings. Love driving Yuuko to her dark creepy/haunty side shouldn’t be what ultimately breaks her from her dark side. As a ghost who can’t be seen by anyone except Teiichi, she can cause some serious damage if she were to decide to haunt Teiichi- but this threat never materializes. All suspense foreshadowed in earlier segments of the story shouldn’t amount to being mere catalysts to tease viewers with further romance and half-baked dramatics. Viewers deserve better than being led on like that. The story shouldn’t wallow in what’s already been done in other romances like Angel Beats. Instead, it should strive to be better than the best out there. Be more brutal, or more twisted, or even more dramatic, or more satirical. Why have any hint of horror at all if the series is going to lean more towards comedy anyways? The reverse is also true.

One honest dilemma that was on the top of my head the entire time during this series is one of Necrophilia. Discovering Yuuko’s body in the basement of the building, and falling in love with her ghost form…Shouldn’t that raise some natural questions? If Teiichi truly wanted to “love” Yuuko than how would they have sex? Surely that must have crossed his mind with all the innuendo flying around. This dilemma never once mentioned given that the series barely allows for a single kiss or holding hands—fate forbid an actual romance. But groping and voyeurism [both forms of sexual assault even if accidental] are fine. Or even more basic- how about the age-old dilemma of loving someone who is undead or immortal? Can such entities or spirits even truly love humans given that they are innately unnatural? The entire series does, admittedly, play around with some aspects of Yuuko being a ghost- but only just. Beyond having a grisly past, Yuuko is very much human. Even her “dark” side that she supposedly threw her bad traits onto when her personality split still holds on to reason and is revealed to be acting in a very rational way given she is forced to live with horrible memories while the “light” side of her goes scott-free. Does the shrine Yuuko’s is discovered at have any unexplained quality? Where is all the adult supervision throughout the series? Why is Yuuko the only ghost in the series? Why are there only like five or six characters in this entire story? I’m mentioning these questions not to be a smartass, but to highlight just how far this show could have gone in exploring new ideas surrounding love or horror. Again, I really don’t like holding things against series for what they didn’t do—because Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is still a very enjoyable watch—but I hate the feeling of lost potential and being let down. I'd assume the same is true for other viewers too.

In hindsight, I think it’s more accurate to say this series was premised towards the Clannad or Angel Beats crowd rather than the Another or Higurashi crowd. At least to me, there really isn’t much of a sense of danger past the first episode that Teiichi’s reckless meandering with a specter could result in his physical endangerment. To my recollection, there were precisely three moments in the entire series where Teiichi seemed to be in any kind of real danger: the end of Episode 1 where Yuuko’s dark side is first introduced, the end of Episode 7 where Dark Yuuko breaks Yuuko’s conscious and causes her to lash out at Teiichi and attempt to hurt him, and the final Episode 11 where Dark Yuuko has a final confrontation with Teiichi who wants bring Yuuko inner peace. (How about threatening Teiichi’s sanity by experiencing Yuuko’s traumatic death through her body?) There’s a one-shot side conflict of sorts encompassing Episode 6 and most of Episode 7 centering around paranoia of Yuuko created from a female student named Yuuko Kirishima, who has a grudge against Yuuko that’s never mentioned before in the story nor after…surrounding the fact that they both have the same name. I don’t even know why it was included except as a side arc that may have been picked out-of-context from the manga. The entire ordeal fell flat on me. Besides these irredeemable episodes, [6/7] each of those stated situations was an intuitive opportunity for legitimate tension and development. Alas, such ideas only are teased and never explored- but even their presence as potential plot threads is very satisfying to see during the course of this series.

At every turn the external and inner conflicts are geared towards encouraging Teiichi to persevere without a second thought of consequence. That’s all he has to do, really, is be his unremarkable self and find he is continually adored by the three main love interests in a harem-esque environment. In fact, a major complaint throughout the series is just how few characters there really are in it. There’s Teiichi and Yuuko, of course, and then the two other interests Kirie Kanoe and Momoe Okonogi. With the exception of Kirie Kanoe, the series’ primary foil who is like Teiichi because she can also see Yuuko’s ghost, none of the main characters have any particular reason to take attraction to Teiichi. It’s extrapolated by Kirie when she’s first introduced that maybe Yuuko took interest in Teiichi as to trick him as a malevolent being…but that turns out to be false claim. Yet, in traditional conventional fashion, she remains by his side and faithful to him for the remainder of the series because she has a breakdown of character [breaks down like a little girl and starts crying] and Teiichi is there to rescue her. Teiichi is just some immature kid, polite and kind in some ways, but by the end of the series he’s still a relatively immature person who can’t handle any sort of mature situation, and only stands out insofar that the female characters are made unnaturally dependent. Much to my angst and disappointment, Teiichi’s character is the walking definition of a trope. There’s no less than ten scenes where he cluelessly stumbles into a sexual situation for the sake of slapstick comedy on the writer/director’s part. I don’t necessarily mind having such a cliché character archtype if the writers are decisive and decide to do something with it. Otherwise, the focus of the series falls squarely on the romantic interests. While Yuuko is definitely a well-written character when she isn’t acting like an object, she alone can not keep an audience engaged. It’s the same problem that plagues countless popular shows like Future Diary and Akame ga Kill. Girls are not objects, and gentleman don’t have to be stoic and asexual white knights who care for incapable females. Ironically, some of the most genuine moments in the entire series are when Teiichi displays genuine fear towards Yuuko, or displays true empathy for her suffering. It’s not even innovative, but it works because it’s some of the few moments that the series breaks from convention ever-so-slightly and showcases genuine and competent writing.

The last major issue with this series is undoubtedly the end. After nearly nine episodes of constant back-and-forth between quality and underperformance, the series finally produces two plot twists that caught me by surprise. Going in reverse order, the first is that as a direct result of Teniichi helping Yuuko disover and overcome her dark past (that was literally haunting them) Yuuko has no reason to fight the natural order of existence and starts to disappear. This conflict takes the primary focus of the last episode of the series, and it’s by far the most touching episode. It’s engrossing, and the blu-ray set I bought contained an extended edition of this episode that contained a whopping thirty seconds of extra footage, but every scene in this final episode is carefully crafted- and is helped along by an incredible soundtrack. Finally, there is a real opportunity to showcase development and genuine storytelling as the two leads spend their final moments together in this world. And then…The biggest fake-out I’ve ever seen in an anime. A final kiss binds Yuuko to the world again and the show ends a super-happy note. There’s one more fun OVA episode side-adventure for kicks [that has zero mention of the previous episodes’ huge event] and then the series ends just like that. I have mixed feelings about this entire juxtaposed direction. At it’s core, even the sad ending is of itself a direct pastiche (replication) from Angel Beats or countless other titles with “Tragedy” in their genre listing. The second twist is how Teiichi finally discovers Yuuko’s past is by accidentally trying to defend her from the dark specter that is actually Yuuko. He touches her in Episode 9 and again in 11 and relives her memories in real-time. Of all the dark/psychological elements of the series- this is by far the most intuitive and in-touch with the genre classification.

Despite the failed fulfillment of the series primary attributes, [horror and romance], its premise, and what critics have claimed of it- Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is still very much an enjoyable watch. Not great, but not bad either. One great phrases I’ve adopted into my repertoire is that the more great a story is the more glaringly apparent its flaws become. This phrase is very much true for Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. I didn’t really detail it, but the greatest complain I have with this series is that it seems to have ended too soon and on an inconclusive note. Though I’d argue it had a decent dénouement before changing its mind and going with a happy—if open ended—conclusion. There are more than a few glaring plot holes and potential plot threads that are introduced and left hanging…or not explored at all. There is an uncomfortable amount of fanservice as well as an uncomfortable amount of filler material that adds zero development and falls strictly within rom-com convention. Even so, the entire series is beautifully done and the ideas it does introduce serve as a prime example for what could have been. At it’s core, it’s still a solid love story though. As a romantic I’d never give a negative review to the exploration of love. Just don’t go in expecting Dusk Maiden of Amnesia to be your next great horror-romance experience.

Thanks for reading,

-Blitzburns4

8.5/10 sound
jv4ever's avatar
Aug 13, 2015

For a video review, check out my Youtube channel. Link on my profile page.

Positive

*So what did I like about this anime. Well I liked the fact that Tasogare was pretty scary at some points which is one of the main goals of a mystery ghost story.

Also the color use was well done with lots of black and red in the more scary scenes. Now I must add that this comes from a guy who is absolutely not good with scary things. I never watch horror movies, scary series and so on so if you’re used to watching these things then you might find the level of scariness of this anime not high enough.

Too me there was one scene or episode that quite frightened me. Without telling any spoilers, there is one episode where we go into first person view of one of the characters and that was some scary shit that we got to see than in my opinion.

Negative

Unfortunately we are already moving on too the negative side of this review because I had a lot of problems with Tasogare.

Now before I go further I want to emphasize that this is my personal opinion. I say this because Tasogare is actually a really popular and loved anime so a lot of people might strongly disagree with the points that I’m about too say. So again this is my personal opinion, you don’t have to believe anything I say. Now that we have that out of the way let’s start.

*The first thing that bothered me in Tasogare was that we have to wait such a long time until the main story starts. We have to wait until literally halfway through the anime until the main story which is the search for Yuuko’s memories starts. The episodes before the halfway point were so boring, I really didn’t give one damn about what was happening.

*A second thing that bothered me were the characters. Again I didn’t give one damn about any off the characters, not Teiichi, not Yuuko and definitely not Kirie or Momoe.

Momoe in particular. The only reason she’s in this anime is to deliver comedy. She’s like the secondary male character in romance anime’s. If the comedy that she delivered would have been good I would have found her bearable but also the comedy was so lame. I don’t remember laughing once with this anime.

*If the Tasogare fans weren’t raging already than they will now because I also couldn’t care less about the romance in this anime. I really didn’t care for the relationship between Yuuko and Teiichi. There wasn’t one moment where I was interested in that relationship.

*But the thing that made me dislike Tasogare the most was the ending of the anime. The ending of Tasogare is the most lame, cheesy and easy-way-out ending I have seen till today in anime.

When I was watching the last episode I thought: ok this is a pretty stereotypical ending, I saw it before in other anime’s where it was also done better, but it was bearable.

But then we got too the real ending and I was so put off by it. I mean why? Why did the writhers choose this lame ending, it feels so forced, all to create that happy ending that the viewers want. I literally went WTF, my parents sleep 3 rooms further than me and they heard me in the middle of the night, that was how putt off I was by this ending. Too me it was the final push that I needed too dislike this anime.

Conclusion

So as a conclusion too me Tasogare fell short on any level: it wasn’t sad enough to be a drama, not funny enough to be a comedy, not romantic enough to be a romance and not scary enough to be a real horror anime. So I’m going to rate Tasogare Otome x Amnesia at 2 stars. I don’t recommend watching it. But again you don’t have to believe anything I said here, it’s not because I dislike this anime that you will too. The best way to find out is watching it for yourself.

TitanLavi's avatar
Oct 24, 2016

Story - a investigative paranormal club in school is basically the whole plot lol. Three teenagers ( except one cannot see the ghost ) + a long haired ghost embark on a quest to find out why Yuuko-san is haunting the school or shall I say " sticking around " , you would have thought she would have went to " anime heaven "
or some sorts. Which is why I think everyone should watch this anime because it's storyline is very quirky like but somehow really good. & it has some feel trips involved.

Characters - I love the character designs. Yuuko-san is a "waifu" type of gal. Momoe is an overly annoying character in my opinion with her constant heat feelings towards the boy ( Teiichi Kun) . The short haired girl (Kirie Kanoe) is really pretty shall I say.

Visuals/Animation - I love the scenery to this anime, it's very pleasant and good on the eyes. I love how the anime is in the horror genre AND the setting is very horror like. Dark settings and Dark hallways, this anime is rarely in sunny settings. ( probably because its always them after school, and depending on where you live it could be late outside or early outside) character movement weren't stiff. They had a pretty GOOD budget making this.

Sounds - I disliked the OP & the ED ( probably because I'm picky on what my ears shall listen to and over the years I've heard some PRETTY GOOD openings & endings and always compare them to my favorite openings) , but both opening and ending also had a "dark themed" to them in which I do like.

Overall - I would give this anime a 7.5 mainly because it does have some plot holes in it but eh what anime doesn't lol. I would totally recommend this to a friend to watch for Halloween or Fall or something.