Suki-tte Ii na yo.

Alt titles: Say "I love you".

anime99's avatar By anime99 on Nov 1, 2014

This anime was amazing. It is perfect for you if you love romatic animes.

The excellent storyline and everything about it is just amazing. Whoever is reading this all i have to say is that

You really really really need to watch it aha; its absolutely jawgripping :)

athenawolf101's avatar By athenawolf101 on Jul 21, 2014

Say "I Love You" or Suki-tte li na yo is totally recommended if you are a romance anime junkie. However it's not as cliche as it seems to be. I have been wanting to watch this anime for awhile, and while I had a friend over, I decided why the heck not. My friend fell in love with this anime and the charcters. The story doesn't twist too much to the point where you want to rip you're hair out. (one of those animes is Kimi ni Todoke, another review for that anime later.) The anime wraps up the story nicely and although short episode wise, it's pretty long story wise. Say "I Love You" had a certain touch to it that made it slightly realistic, and not too boring, or dragging you along. However, I will say, Tachibana Mei is a Mary-Sue. Some may not agree but I think everything was going a little too perfect for her throughout the story. Every girl is entitled to their own fairytale. However, if I see this with my own 2 eyes, with real people, I shall change my opinion

The animation was great, not too scribbly, but it was cutsie! Love the style!

When I say sound, I mean voice actors. I don't agree with some of the voice actors, like Takahiro Sakurai as Yamato. Never watched the dub and never will. I loved the sub, and sometimes dub ruins it slightly.

The charcters had their great points, but I felt like they all fell through with mei eventually, and it wa sa bit quick. Like Aiko Mutō, it took one, 2 episdoes? and then it was all good with Mei. I thought that went alittle too fast, maybe they could have put that as alittle side thing instead of for example the cookie baking. But that's my opinion. I'm no animator.

Overall I give this anime a 9.2, I'd hate to give it a perfect score because it is such a realistic anime, no fairy wands or wishes that make it perfect.

If you read this whole thing, kudos to you! If you think I was wrong? Want to discuss a point? Leave me a comment!

9.2/10 overall
thatnerdygirl's avatar By thatnerdygirl on Dec 25, 2014

Okay, so I have read/watched anime and manga across the board from horror to romance and if you are looking for a really heartwarming love story that takes you by surprise watch Suki-tte li na yo. Trust me the way the characters react is paralell to real life and is by far the best romance-type anime you can watch I highly reccomend :D

Otaku108's avatar By Otaku108 on Dec 12, 2014

Moral of the story; no one is without their scars, I think? Well, it's a very endearing love story too.

A wonderfully paced romance with speckling of comedy but a bit too much drama for my tastes. Which probably means if you're into romance dramas with a little comedy relief you're probably going to love this one. My only real problem with it was the final episode, just felt very forced and almost seemed more of a stumble at the end of a wonderful run. Personal opinion aside, it wasn't anything bad just how they did it which irked me.

Animation:

Definitely a well drawn and "true to life" style that I'm mostly a fan of. The characters had a definite uniqueness despite the myriad of browns and black hair with bishi faces. Bonus points for not using primary colors for hair.

Sound:

It had a decent musical score, both the OP and ED were themed well with the tone of the show. None of the voices were screechy or over the top 'cutesy' if you follow my meaning. Did a fine job of keeping the flow of the show going.

For a single season complete story show the amount of characters and the depth into which they go for most of them was impressive. I enjoyed every one of the characters, even the ones you were supposed to dislike. You really felt for most of them and understood their motivations, most of the time (final episode kinda lost me a bit :P). Character progression varried, even with the two main protagonists. This show definitely did something well here.

Overall:

Though I may make it sound to be a big deal, the final episode isn't really bad, I just had a personal taste difference of opinion with how they tied up the show... down to the last possible second. All in all, a show like this doesn't come along very often, well worth the watch, I'd even go so far as to say it's a must see for any romance enthusiast.

CrossedOver's avatar By CrossedOver on Nov 21, 2014

From the (albeit small) selection of shoujo centered anime I've taken part in watching, I find 'Suki-tte Ii na yo' to be one of the better ones I have come across. Let me first say that this anime's animation is GORGEOUS, and is probably one of the more realistic styles I've seen. I love how each character can be so expressive with this style; note that I said 'can'.

My only real hangup wih 'Suki-tte Ii na yo' is our cast of characters, specifically our 'breeding pair'. I find that the 'misunderstanding' at the beginning, well, really the way Yamato reacts to it a little fishy. However, I could go past it since it got the pairing together. But, what really bothered me is just how cardboard flat this cast is; they're just static tropes. Mei is our extremely introverted heroine, Yamato our perfect male lead with a dark past, and I don't buy any of the change, especially with Mei. This girl had been TRAUMATISED, thinking that any person she met would eventually betray her. I don't really believe that her entire social outlook could change due to the influence of an individual that's, in my opinion, a little too perfect. Maybe I'm just a cynical guy, I don't know.

On the topic of sound, it is nothing really that notable, but it serves its purpose and never goes at odds with the tone or feeling of the scene.

Plotwise, it's pretty generic, dark pasts literally left and right with this one. Hope you like crying scences and "BETRAYAL!" Additionally, in my opinion, I find the last episode to be pretty lackluster, but I'm more of a 'romantic fluff' person.

Overall, very nice animation hampered with some typical shoujo stew comes together to form a decent romp through 'Dark Past city'. While in retrospect I didn't love it as much as I thought I really did (I went in rating it a 9), those tender moments between Mei and Yamato get me every single time.

8.5/10 sound