Starry Sky

Starry Sky is a series about a woman surrounded by a harem of men. The series is based off an otome game targeted at a female audience. The series is webcast online through a series of 11 minute episodes. Due to the success of Hetalia and it's 5 minute webcast. You would figure that this series being the first otome based anime to be successful, similarly to Amagami SS. However, where Amagami SS satisfies, Starry Sky disappoints. Now it is not the storyline that is the problem, the main problem lies within the genre and amount of time allowed it is given. As a romance, you want to get a feel for the couple or characters that are possibly going to pair up. It is hard to go in depth in just a matter of 11 minutes without it feeling rushed, too slow, or too superficial. It requires more time to truly develop the relationships and characters within the story. It is for this reason, that I feel that the anime has suffered because of the time restriction. The overall storyline seems generic/decent with a somewhat unique cast of characters with well-known male lead voice actors. I did find the animation to be very well-done.

Starry Sky Animation

Ultimately, otome-game players/girls/women deserve better. I would highly support a remake of this series into a fully-fledged 22 minute long anime series/season.

6.5/10 characters

I don't normally write reviews.  This is my first review :) ..

Ive watched a few reverse harem as it's one of my favourites genres. Although THE Heroine Is the Only female in the school the guys don't seem to try and grab her attention every 30 seconds instead they are compelled to just be her friend and stay by her side to protect her  ( only a couple have romantic interest ) also the story shows each characters back story which I found rather interesting with heart warming scenes too .  11 minutes per episode seemed a bit rushed but never the less the animation is great and the male characters are gorgeous.  If you like pretty boy characters then I recommend this :)