Special A

yaoihime22's avatar By yaoihime22 on Oct 28, 2009

This story even though is one that is a one in a million high school stories was very enjoyable , the characters looked proportioned for a high school, they were issues and love trhouble but not that many rivaly and thankfully didnt turn into a harem like many other before it. It was said that it resembles skip beat but in truth it doesn't this one had a happy ending but somethings were left unsaid even that it was fun watching it . There were several imberrasing moments that made me stop but other than that it had humor , romance , sadness , some idioticy and more than anything else it had a warm feeling of seeing people actually end up with some one special other than just all feeling confused over who loves who although she never did say the words only in her mind. I advice to watch this for some anime clensing .

9.5/10 characters
LadyFate's avatar By LadyFate on Sep 21, 2010

Special A is one of my all time favorite animes. It is hilarious, has a romance (that isn't a side story!), and I love the overall feel of it. It has been debated about how the makers went about doing the ending, however it still has a perfectly good and happy conclusion. I have watched this anime twice despite my growing watch list, and would highly recommend it to anyone. If you like unrealistic scenarios, flowery mood backgrounds, and many "LOL" moments in every episode, Special A is for you. The best thing about this anime is that it never felt overblown. I never felt like the makers were trying too hard to make it funny like in many animes. It was naturally comedic and I like that. It also isn't so long that one gets bored, and not so short that a story can't develop.

I am a bit of a sap so I love a good romance, but drama makes me sick. This anime has little to no drama and the romance is actually what the story revolves around, or rather, the main character's complete lack of realization that there is a potential for romance. But! It isn't purely a romance anime.

Excellent anime. Go watch it.

AliLinn's avatar By AliLinn on Sep 5, 2012

**SPOILER** The ending was absolutely horrible and heartbreaking, and the manga is much different. Same story line and base, but over all very different. It was overall an amazing anime, but the ending will surely break your heart.

RiceBunneh's avatar By RiceBunneh on Dec 27, 2009

Special A contains the atmosphere of the commonly scene high school life of a budding romance between a boy and girl.  As common as it may seem, the strenuous life of Hikari enforces herself to become number one, agaisnt her top rival, since childhood, Tadashi.  The anime's cliche scenes come across numerous times, even though I've watched a few episodes.  During the beginning episodes of this anime, it's obvious to predict the ending, of the long awaited confession of Tadashi and Hikari's love.  Besides the unoriginal storyline and character development of the special class, "S.A," I became fond of the cutsey randomness of many of the secondary characters.  Unfortunately, I can't really commend any support for the animation of this anime.  The elongated characters remind me of clamps first works of tsubasa chronicles; the overly sized hands and feet. (-.-)  Overall, I do believe this anime has some enjoyable factors of romantic comedy, and high school life with a group of rich kids, but I can't help but feel bored after the first few eps, especially seeing too many of the same punchlines, and the  sitting through the predictable endings of each episode.

ames's avatar By ames on Dec 13, 2009

Special A is one of my most favorite animes to watch over and over.  The characters are memorable and really touch your heart.  Like all shoujo animes, I always wish the storyline could last longer and the episodes never end.. however it does.  You fall in love with Hikari because she is so thickheaded and intent on winning against Takshima while not realizing that hes completely in love with her (a favorite theme of mine for all shoujo animes =))) Moving on you fall in love with Takshima because he is so calm and collected but always worries about Hikari.

The other characters play a cute role, but I wish the storyline of Akira and Yahiro would of developed into a double romance.. anyways it kinda leaves you hanging with those two.

Otherwise a A+ type of anime!! Everyone should watch it =)