Slap Up Party: Arad Senki

Reqee's avatar By Reqee on Sep 21, 2014

Wonderful adventurous Anime. we want season 2, only thing i didnt like the Hiria, Erbek, Harsen as keep on murdering people and they show them like good fellows, execpt this everthing is good and every character is enjoyable

Kari5's avatar By Kari5 on Oct 2, 2009

Well, this show turned out to be a major disappointment.

The first episode made it look like this anime would have a plot line and somewhat interesting characters. A woman, Roxy, turns into a demon because of a curse, dies, and her spirit somehow ends up in a sword. Flashforward and a new character, Baron, owns this sword. Although Roxy's small spirit is sometimes seen hovering next to Baron, she doesn't really do anything at all. Baron seems to be on a journey to find a cure for his own curse. Along the way he picks up a few friends he meets randomly, who decide to join him on his journey for no reason. None of them are really original at all (main hero, comedic relief idoit, little girl, tough girl), so the viewer doesn't really get a sense of attachment to them.

So they begin to travel and nothing happens. There's no real connecting plot between the episodes. Baron's curse is sometimes brought up, but no information is ever gained. They walk into a village, see a problem, help out the town, then leave. Repeat for ten episodes. It got boring very fast after I realized the plot was non-exsistant. At the end they try to finally give it a plot, but it's not good and the lame character dialogue ruins it.

So basically, although some screenshots look good, and the first episode holds promise, avoid at all costs. Twenty six episodes is far too long for this show, don't waste your time.

Wright's avatar By Wright on Feb 13, 2010

Slap Up Party: Arad Senki is a rather slow paced, and basic shounen anime. Some things do stand out that I found rather enjoyable.

Story: There isn't much story to be had. The premise revolves around trying to cure kazan's curse, which is responsible for turning people into demons.

Animation: I quite liked the animation. It's colorful and vibrant, and the characters and scenery are just nice to look at. The animation is pretty smooth throughout.

Sound: Nothing really stands out, though I enjoyed the retro goodness of the ED.

Characters: There is not much in terms of progression or back story, but the characters are nicely designed and are rather entertaining. There's Baron, the demon knight, who is a laid back defender of justice. He has some funny moments, and is pretty cool. Next is Capensis, the gunner, who is similar to sanji from one piece, but isn't as cool and is more goofy. There's Ryunmei, the fighter with large breasts. She's your basic independent woman who is the base for light ecchi elements, yet doesn't really get annoying. Then there's Ixia, the young mage. She's generally not very exciting, but has some funny moments. Last is Jeda, the manly, funny priest, who is borderline homosexual. He is quite entertaining and funny, though unfortunately he doesn't get many scenes to show that off.

In conclusion, Slap Up Party: Arad Senki can be a fun little show if you enjoy shounen anime, and do not mind the slow pace and childish overtone of it. I'd recommend it to people that enjoy watching more family friendly shounens.

NyneShadow's avatar By NyneShadow on Jul 23, 2010

Story: It's a really basic storyline, and even then its a slow progressing one. Episodes often feel disjointed and don't really lead up to each other until late in the series. Basically it's a group of main characters coming together and setting off on a journey that eventually ends up with them saving the world. Great.

Animation: The style the characters are drawn really bugged me at first, but one can get used to it. The designs are all based off of Dungeon Fighter Online (or Dungeon & Fighter, or Arad Senki, whatever) so they're obviously not very original, but they were recreated decently, I suppose.

Sound: Music works out well, but voices didn't really fit the character sometimes. That could just be me, so I give sound a 7.

Characters: There's no real development with the characters really. Sure there are hints of love, and the gunner does well as comedy relief, but nothing too special. I do like how the villains are portrayed though.

Overall: A mediocre anime, but that's not bad considering it's based off of a game. The comedy can hold the viewers attention long enough to get to the meat of things, which is very late in the series. Until then, the series is best enjoyed by treating each episode without any regard for the previous or next episodes.

5.5/10 overall
Shadowfang3000's avatar By Shadowfang3000 on May 9, 2011

That British Lad Reviews: Slap Up Party: Arad Senki

It was only when I was searching the very darkest orefices of my Grotto that I came across this Anime. A duo of years ago to be exact, based upon a successful game in South Korea, a somewhat successful game in America and a game you can't even play in Britain (A relief or a curse, I do not know). Now, before I spill the gravy, which I actually wished to save for another ocassion (such as losing my virginity), I must unveil my first reactions:

1) Oh boy. It's a Video Game Anime

2) Oh boy. It's got Kenichi Suzumura in it

3) Oh goody! It's actually pretty good.

Well, let me rephrase that: It's better than say, my grimy jockstrap. But it's worse than a less grimy sock that a greasy lad had used to pleasure himself since the Dark Ages.

Story wise, although it's that simple "The hero is looking for someone/something, others join him" affair, the episodic nature of the series for the most part did pull me in. I for one am into that type of stuff, that way I can continue torturing people with my monotonous English accent without worrying about the plot. I can tell you now though, that the last few episodes are so confusing, with random plot twists with no weight behind them being thrown at you every minute, that you'll be ripping at your throat like Jirou Tomitake from Higurashi When they Cry.

The cast is a generic one, you've got the hero with a dark past, the idiot romantic, the tough big breasted girl and the angry loli. Throw in a Priest that likes to molest the main man and dress in very revealing swimsuits then you've got yourself a winner.

Speaking seriously, the cast IS generic, but they did grab my attention somewhat. And Suzumura, being Suzumura and all, does a brilliant job as Cabensis (Capensis?)

Along with your salad, you have the cheesy villains, but luckily there are no creepy moustaches. You have the overly depressing silent guy, his evil girlfriend and his idiot sidekick.

The Animation is pretty average for 2009. I personally like the style myself, and it does stand out as a unique style, but it really is basic. I could re-enact all the scenes with hand puppets and it'll look just as realistic.

In the end, on a serious note, I give this "Anne of May" 5.5/10.

I find that if you just got into anime, or your friend or kids (If you've somehow gotten laid despite being an anime fan) have just begun the journey into the world of Japanese Animation, this is a pretty good place to start. It's got most of the important anime stereotypes present at the very beginning, and it'll hold your hand for the first few steps... Providing you've washed them after touching that damn Jockstrap *shudders*

5.5/10 overall