Sengoku Basara: The Last Party

PsychoAce's avatar By PsychoAce on Jun 21, 2012

"Put your gunz on" and get ready because this movie...is suprisingly good. No really I actually didn't have high hopes for this one, because I already hated what they made out of the original Sengoku Basara story from the games. They completely ruined it (in my opinion). Let's just say maybe giving Masamune/Yukimura 85% of the screen time and basing the whole story around them wasn't the best idea ever. The Animation is an upgrade from the 2nd season of the anime and it looks reeeeaally good, I mean daaamn I love some of the effects in this move, the sound too it just fits perfectly and now for the....

-------------------------------------SPOILER PART!--------------------------------------------------

Look away if you haven't watched it yet.

So yeah as I said Masamune and Yukimura are the main guys in the anime so naturally after Masamune killed Hideyoshi in the 2nd Season Mitsunari's batshit angry at him...you know like the stuff with IEEEEEEYASUUUUU in the game?...anyway in the beginning you see Mitsunari at Odawara castle where Hideyoshi died after that the intro rolls in...again like every intro for this anime...very nicely done...music fits and cool animations. After that we get a little scene with Mitsunari and Yoshiaki...oh and btw what I have to mention here is 1 fact that I hate....they left out sooooooo many good characters that they could've added...like Magoichi, Kanbei, Muneshige etc....before Mitsunari can cut Yoshiakis head off Masamune steps in and they have a "little fight". Then we se what happened to Yukimura, Shingen, Kenshin after the 2nd season. Apparently there was a fight THAT WE NEVER GOT TO SEE BTW and that Kenshin lost. So Shingen wants to finish him off but before he can do that "Mr. SunshineHappyface" (also known as Ieyasu Tokugawa) steps in and keeps on blabbering about Bonds and all that stuff....ya know...the stuff HE ALWAYS TALKS ABOUT. After that there are some scenes showing Tenkai, Hideaki and Oichi slaughtering a village and there we get to see that Yoshitsugu and Tenkai are planning to use the 2 to resurrect nobunaga so tenkai can finally kill him and Yoshitsugu get his daily dose of misfortune. There is also a very nicely made Conversation scene with Ieyasu and Mitsunari where Ieyasu tries to convince him that he doesn't have to do all this and blah blah blah....Mitsunari attacks him....of course. We also have our very nicely animated fight between Masamune and Yukimura. It all however leads up to the fight at Sekigahara where Mitsunari has his gigantic army that starts attacking and after Motonari steps in too everybody starts fighting against each other. The main event there however is the 2nd fight between Masamune and Mitsunari which is by far the best fight in the entire movie, it's just so goddamn well done. After the fight is over Masamune wants to finish off Mitsunari with his "JUMPING JACK BREAKAAAAA" but Ieyasu saves him by blocking the attack. You know....bonds and stuff. So Oichi comes and kills a bunch of guys to resurrect her brother and let me tell you the scene of his resurrection is just plain AWESOME....the fight however it's good...really it is! But still it could've been better. They all work together to kill him but he just stands up again after that Mitsunari delivers the final blow which actually really hurts him and Oichi comes in and sacrifices herself by taking him with her down to hell. But not before cutting tenkai apart with Nagamasa's sword (epic scene btw). After all that they get saved from falling by tadakatsu and talk about stuff (bonds........ieyasu) and then they decide to fight because IT'S FUCKING BASARA!

Overall I didn't really like the story and that they left soooo many chars out but the animation and sounds are awesome...btw I left out many things that happen in between so if you just spoiled yourself because you wanted to know what happens, go watch the damn movie >w<

So if you're a really great Sengoku Basara fan like I am then you'll still enjoy it....heck even If you're not really into sengoku basara you still may really like it so give it a view ;3

8/10