Seitokai Yakuindomo

scizorg45's avatar By scizorg45 on Oct 10, 2010

Story 6/10

An all school girls turned co? All the girl being perverts (instead of the male students)? Oh boy, I got to watch this. (my train of thought reading the synopsis).

If you’re looking for a decent plot or a nice story, go somewhere else. Seitokai yakuindomo doesn’t have either of it. Seitokai yakuindomo is about an all-girls school turned co. The girls don’t really mind this though; it’s more like a dream come true for most of them. Through the whole series it’s one perverted joke after the other. Most of them you can see coming from a mile away, but they will make you laugh anyway.

Animation 7/10

The animation often switches between normal animation and chibi mode. Usually I don’t like it when there’s too much chibi in an anime, but with Seitokai yakuindomo I didn’t really mind. Perhaps it’s because I put my mind on blank while watching this (since I wasn’t expecting anything serious anyway).

Sound 8/10

One: The opening. I loved it. It made me happy. I listened it every episode, which I usually don’t do (most of the time, I listen to openings once or twice). It’s a happy joy song which put a smile on my face while the episode had barely started.

Two: The voice actors are brilliant. They sound serious the whole time. I especially loved the voice actor for the little girl, who had a cute little voice in normal mode, but when angered, she also sounded like that.

Characters 9/10

I love the different characters in Seitokai yakuindomo. I guess they’re actually not that different (they’re all perverted girls), but two of our main characters are normal people, trying to put some common sense in most of the school. The interaction between these is the main power of this anime. This is also one of the few shows where the man isn't more perverted than the females, but also isn't a total wuss.

Overall 7.5/10

Looking for a good laugh and wasting some time? Look no further! If you like perverted jokes every 15 seconds, this definitely is the anime for you. Especially people that liked azumangah dajoh and lucky star will probably enjoy this comedy train.

nasreen10's avatar By nasreen10 on Oct 9, 2010

Story: Seitokai Yakuindomo is basically a bunch of short skits put together. It's pretty random with little connection between scenes. Not too much plot but it didn't really lend itself to one. The anime followed the seasons and showed the typical scenes that happen in any anime with a school setting (cultural festival, sport festival, Christmas, Valentine's Day, school trip, and to the beach for summer). However, the real basis for Seitokai Yakuindomo is the humor. The humor is incredibly crude and you'll be going "WTF, she did not just say that?!" plenty of times during each episode. Unlike other ecchi, they don't show as much sexual content but they do talk about it A LOT. If you have a pure mind and are not into that kind of humor, don't watch it. If you don't mind humor that's a little dirty, you'll love this show. I found it hilarious in how blatant it was. It's great if you need a laugh and the show's length made sure it didn't drag on.

Animation: Not amazing. It was pretty average but lacked bright colors or much a appeal. The character designs were nice but fell a little flat. A majority of the scenes were simplified when making a joke. All in all, it wasn't awful but not great either. Although it was lacking, it's not a pain to watch.

Sound: Fun opening and ending. The rest of the tracks were forgettable but it wasn't out of place. The seiyuus did their jobs nicely except Suzu sounded like she had a cold for the entire series. Not much else to say about the sound.

Characters: Perverts. That pretty much sums it up. Most of the females are perverted and they are blatant about it. Although they are over-the-top, they are hilarious. Suzu and Tsuda are a nice contrast and act pretty normal so there is a balance. The characters are stereotypical but the words that come out of their mouth set them apart. There is little character development. They pretty much stay the way they were from the beginning to the ending. However, that's what was to be expected. Also, some of the romance seemed out of place because it didn't really go anywhere.

Overall: Perverted humor that's hilarious. At the very least, you'll have plenty of WTF moments. If you want a laugh and something that is far from serious (and you don't mind vulgarity), Seitokai will be worth your while.

6.5/10 animation
6.5/10 sound
7.5/10 characters
6.9/10 overall
Wanginator's avatar By Wanginator on Sep 29, 2010

As far as the enjoyment I got out of the series myself, I give it a 7 out of 10. Now that being said, there are several things one should know about Seitokai Yakuindomo before they add it to their list of anime series to watch.

Let's start with the obvious; THIS SERIES IS NOT FOR KIDS!!! Now, I gave it a 7 out of 10, but depending on your moral, ethical, religious beliefs, etc, you may give it more or less than I did. What I mean by this is that the humor involved is.... well, absolutely not for children. In fact, I'd even say 18+ only. Sure, there are no explicit scenes of.... stuff I will choose not to mention here, but everything that you could possibly laugh about in this series is going to come from something that one might consider "dirty". Tampons, "Sanitary Napkins", Periods, Sex, Genitalia, S & M, ***shots, and anything else along these lines that might have popped into your head while reading that list... such are the topics that make the series funny, and usually it's plain situational humor, stuff like "Wow did you really just say that in front of a guy?"

From girls tossing tampons across the room while boys are present, to discussions about masochists and sadists, to adding a ****** to the top of the suggestions box to incite students to want to "insert" some suggestions, the opinions on the humor found in this anime are going to vary for sure. Needless to say, if you have a conservative sense of humor, stay away from this one. If you're open-minded and don't mind a good and dirty laugh now and then, go ahead and check it out. And if you watch with other people, make sure they're like-minded as to avoid any awkward moments.

Comedy aside, this series offers little else for viewers to latch onto. Drama, Romance, or other similar plot-driving forces are absent, mainly due to the lack of any coherent plot. This series' sole purpose is essentially to make you laugh, albeit make you feel a bit dirty at the same time. Characters, while not shallow, do not have the nice meat-and-potatoes kind of background story and personality development that some viewers like, though this is by no means a negative. Think Azumanga Diaoh, for those that have seen it. The characters have no deep history, but they have their own personality and niche that they fill.

Seitokai Yakuindomo is definitely one of the more controversial animes that I've watched. Again, if you're conservative about what you laugh at, let this one slide. While there is no ecchi involved, the sheer amount of... content that is thrown at you in here is enough to make you feel dirtier than after watching any ecchi/fanservice series. If you enjoy that (and who am I kidding, I know you all are out there), by all means give this one a shot.

Zura38's avatar By Zura38 on Feb 27, 2011

Aria: What number are you?

Kotomi: 19!

The Girls: IKU! IKU! IKU! IKU! IKU! IKU! IKU! IKU! IKU! IKU...

Tsuda: Please shut the hell up!

- Episode 12

Seitokai Yakuindomo is about an average male student who just started school in all-girls-recently-changed-to-coed school. That said, you wouldn't expect a lot of males in the school and guess what? There isn't.

What's this? Definitely a perfect setting for a harem plot!

...That being said, it isn't. While the main cast does consist of only one male surrounded by God knows how many female characters (including his little sister), it isn't your typical "main guy tries to hookup with every main girl he sees". Or at least, there's a realistic boundary between them.

But what makes Seitokai (as I like to call it) differs from most slice-of-life, school genres because instead of giving us those overated fanservices, it a uh... has a tedency tell inappropriate jokes. Ah screw it, they tell ALOT of sex jokes in this series and the ones doing them are... the girls? Yep, that's right, the guy in this case acts as the tsukkomi instead and is parodied thourghout the whole thing.

Heck, they might as well call this "Sex Jokes: Anime ver."

Seeing as Seitokai originated from a 4 koma manga, the sequences are kept in simple order each episode. I really did enjoyed the subtitles that kept popping up for each story sequence. While you also have your typical school life, beach episode, and even a bath scene, I still enjoyed them (even though I was going "meh" beforehand).

Even so, each sequences are done well, and were very entertaining and funny. Even so, some jokes require some Japanese knowledge, but the sub guys covered that for you :)

At times it did feel a bit rushed, but hey, it's only 13 episodes after all...

9/10

Not the best, but it's still very good! From the backgrounds fitting very approriately to the current mood (usually for comedy) to weirdly made mosaics and whatnots when they describe something inappropriate.

I felt that the animation did stay true to the manga drawings though, so that's a huge plus too. Oh, and I even find the opening hillarious thanks to the "visual jokes" they put in there. :p

9/10

Uh well, I liked the opening song... and the soundtrack had a very cheerful mood to it which fitted most of the situation.

That said, I also enjoyed the little drum and whistle part each episode had before the opening.

9/10

This is probably what got me to really like it. We have the main character Tsuda, who is your average male student who is forced to join the student council because of the bossy Shino.

While Tsuda is allright, the girls were a huge plus. No, not because they give us fanservice, but as to how cool I consider them to be. Seriously, I sometimes hope more female characters could be like them. Shino is the prez of the club, my first impression? "Oh God, another tsundere..." but man... I was shocked as to how cool she was with her jokes.

Aria is your typical rich, ojousan, kind girl... until she starts talking that is. I don't think I've ever heard her not make a crude remark about you know what whenever I see her. Yes, I like them because of their jokes and personality, but the fact that Shino and Aria are voiced by Mio and Ritsu's seiyuu also helped.

Suzu is probably the true tsundere, and while I usually hate them, she's got me to like her as well. The fact that she can mentally AND physically pwn anyone helps too. Also, that scene with the American... XD

Other characters include Yokoshima sensei who is the useless, perverted teacher going after young boys (Awesome...), Tsuda's younger sister who is the best Sex Ed student out there, and Mitsuba... DAT VOICE!

10/10

Conclusion

I expected another Shuffle!/Clannad esque anime, but what I got was a faster paced Azumanga Daioh... which is awesome! But again, it all depends on our opinions, if you are easily offended by sex jokes (even though the girls are telling them) you probably want to stay away from this.

If you liked Azumanga, then you'd probably liked this as well. Fans of K-ON! should also watch this to see the other side of Mio and Ritsu in one shot!

This anime has managed to put a smile in my face every episode, so I easily recommend watching this for a fun/relaxing/witty experience. I recommend the manga too!

9.5/10

AmethystxRose's avatar By AmethystxRose on Dec 30, 2010

Definitely a show for the mental perverts. :P

While it has no real visual fanservice, it is packed with perverted humor. Each character is loveable in their own way, and it just feel as if the series breezes by. But most of the humor may be over your head if you're of 'pure mind', and if you are offended by crude topics [such as menstrual cycles and masturbation] I recommend you turn away.

It is rather face paced in the sens that it's made up of around three segments (or minisodes) per episode, so it's perfect for those who have a hard time focusing on a solid plot.

9.8/10 overall