Seitokai no Ichizon

Alt titles: Student Council's Discretion

Wirusan's avatar By Wirusan on Feb 9, 2013

Streamed it- This Review Covers First and Second Season

Foreword

Seitokai No Ichizon is adapated from a light novel series of the same name and here's Wirusan's take on this fun anime!

Yea Ken, dream on

Now the story for Seizon ( As Minatsu put it) is a VERY simple one. The Student Council Members spend their time tackling important issues that Student councils do...NOT this is usually the objective however they always end up doing nothing but making jokes with each other. The show takes pokes it itself all the time and the characters surely like to break the third and fourth wall in this show. They even have the visual novel that they're adapted from! Most of the episodes all consist of them inside the student council room and while they do go other places and do various things it's mostly in the room and they even break the fourth wall to self harm themselves by saying things like "All we do is talk in this room." or "Why are we being animated?" while it's funny it's true.There is a side point where the main character wants to have a harem with all the other members but it's clear from the start that this will not happen. I wish they would've went out more or even showed them doing more things They do reveal a backstory for the main character and others as well but nothing they reveal is a big game changer either. It' definately fun to watch the charcters get into funny situations but the story is a basic one and isn't really the point of the anime it's the interactions the characters get into so they story gets a solid 5.

Ken is probably enjoying that...Well he is

The animation for Seizon isn't one that i recall being praticularly great but it isn't bad either. They don't really do much movement but the movement they do are simple . Whenever they parody an anime you know what anime their doing because they are detailed Like my favorite parody scene

Come on! that's great!. When they go chibi or do a parody it's crisp and it gets their point across . So I'll give animation a solid 7

Look familiar?

The sounds for seizon are good. The op is pretty catchy and the ed's are too, the cool thing about the ed's is they're sung differently from time to time they have different lyrics and sometimes are sung by the characters. My favorite ending is when Sakurano sings it and she skips verses and her notes are flat it's cute and funny. The voice acting is good as well we have Mario Honda (who does the voice for Sakurano) on here nad she also does Yuko's vocie from Nichijou. The sound gets a solid 7

Ken get's a lot of abuse throughout the series

The charaacters in Seizon are what make this show good. They are funny and they develop as the series progresses.

Ken Sugisaki

Ken is the main protaginist and unlike in most animes where the male lead is surronded by females Ken WANTS to get with every girl. Ken is convinced that the Student Council is his harem. Ken gets his ideas from all the eroges he plays. His perversion aside Ken is a good guy at heart he usually stays after everyone else leaves to get all the paperwork out the way. He worked really hard just to get into the Student Council bringing his grades all the way up. Chizuru calls him Key-Kun because his name can be read as Key  as well.

Sakurano Kurimu

Sakurano is known as either Prez (Kaichou) or Aka-chan. If you are wondering where her nickname came from it's cause Chizuru gave it to her. She added an extra chracter to the end of her name so it is read as Kurimuzon (Crimson) and if you translate that to japanese it becomes red (Aka). Her name can also mean baby so there's a dual play there but she'll definately get pissed if you call her a baby. Sakurano is kind but she is pretty childish and often likes to laze around and eat sweets. She is very popular in the school as well and is the reason for Ken's obsession with Eroges.

Minatsu Shiina

Oh Minatsu, She's the tough tom boy of the group. She loves reading shounen and does well in sports too, she's even on the baseball team. Minatsu is a Tsundere whose aspiration is to be a bride one day. I think she looks better when her hair is down and Ken didn't even recognize her when she did have it down.

Mafuyu Shiina

Mafuyu is Minatsu's little sister and has a completely different personality. Mafuyu is pretty reserved and loves to play games and read her BL comics (Ewww). She's the only freshman in the class and is almost always seen with her portable game console. She is initialy afraid of men but makes an execption for Ken.

Chizuru Akaba

Chizuru is a senior like Sakurano and is the coolset of the group she is mature and has the most *ahem* mature body. Although she always sports her relaxed attitude she also has a sadistic side too often taking pleasure in giving pain usually to Ken. She loves Sakurano and is her best friend it's hinted that she loves her intitmately. She is also known for braishwashing Sakurano and Ken various times.

Lilicia Toudou

Lilicia is the head of the Journalism Club and dislikes the Student Council probably because she didn't get into it. She is always trying to find dirt on the Student Council and it's members. She has a thing for Ken but she won't admit it

Elise Toudou

Elise is Lilica's little sister and she uses her to get dirt on the Student Council. She is pretty precocious but her sister has tainted her mind and she usually talks about dirty things. This makes Ken look like a lolicon and it's funny seeing what she gets him into.

Satori Magiru

Satori is a teacher and the advisor to the Student Council. She is pretty serious and cool though she often plays jokes on the group. She usually doesn't help them when they have problems and dislikes beign aroudn the other teachers so she often visits them out of bordem.

Each character brings something funny to the plate and it's fun to watch I give the characters a solid 7

Overall

Final Score: 7.0

Rating: Fresh

Seizon is a pretty funny show although if you haven't seen the shows they parody you are kind of out of the loop. This doesn't matter though because they make up their own situations where things get funny. All in all I give Seizon a 7.0

As far as I know this show doesn't have an offical DVD release so I reccomend you Watch it!

Something that’s fresh is a good fun time. Sure it could’ve been better but ultimately it’s something you don’t regret experiencing

As always this is your boy Wirusan!and stay the hell away from woodchippers

Tumblr

Youtube

Javier170992's avatar By Javier170992 on Jan 31, 2010

So, let's go. This is my first review, and my first review in English, too.

Seitokai no Ichizon, the anime. This anime is an adaptation from Light Novels, who tell the story about some students in the School Council. It's very fun that, in the first episode, the students said that they are recording an anime, like they was actors. The anime do a parody to a lot of otaku elements, like games, manga, another animes, etc...So you'll enjoy more if you know a lot of animes. Well, now I'll go to analyze the story, animation...etc, you know.

STORY (7)

The story is not the principal thing in the anime. When I began to see this anime, I thought that it would be another anime with "slice of life". But I was wrong. The first episodes don't have a story, but while you see more and more, the story continues, and in the last three or four episodes we see a determinate story. This isn't like Lucky Star (I love this anime) whose unique story is the change of season, nothing more.

ANIMATION (8)

Good, very good. The movements are very naturals, and the characters and a lot of things have a good movement, too. Maybe, the only thing who is bad is the hair of the characters, they are poorment animated in some moments (Mafuyu, loves the lacquer, isn't it?). The style of drawing the characters and the scenes are pretty good, however, you'll see the room of the School Council a lot of time (In the end, the anime tell the things that they happen to students in a ROOM)

SOUND (7)

Correct, pretty correct. The seiyuus did a god job with the characters, whose personality is perfectly interpreted by the voice. The shy girl, the serene girl, the hyperactive (and moe) and Sugisaki (a pervert...) The Opening theme is wonderful, the music (Treasure) and the animation. The ending is very funny, with a lot of versions of the same song, even, in one of them, Sakurano sing a song about her (I'm sooo perfect, vote for me! :3) The soundtrack, is acceptable.

CHARACTERS (9.5)

The best of the anime. Without this students the anime have no sense. In the School Council we can find the "prototype" of characters in a lot of animes: The pervert guy, the shy girl (and addicted to videogames, manga...) the "moe-girl", the "Look-I'm-very strong-and-active-girl" and finally, Chizuru, who is strange: Sometimes is very sweet, but he love masochism and torture (Tsundere? I don't think so...)

However, despite the characters could be very "stereotyped", they looks like very real. Sakurano, the "moe-girl" is called to this way by Sugisaki, but she said that she isn't "moe". Mafuyu loves the videogames, RPG and BL, Minatsu is very active, and Chizuru really loves to read. Sugisaki is a real pervert, who plays all the time to eroges. So, in this anime, we found with characters who have a "stereotyped personality" but with some changes and, the most important, their personalities are not extreme (Sakurano isn't the perfect protoype of moé, Chizuru is sweet and cruel sometimes, but she isn't a Tsundere, etc)

So this is the end of the review. I think it could be better, but the language...aw, the language. It doesn't care, I'll try to make another review better (in Spanish or english? I don't know)

9.5/10 characters
Quizap's avatar By Quizap on Aug 22, 2010

This actually became a lot better the further in it went. The first few episodes were decent. Nothing to be surprised about and were fairly boring. But then some “drama” started to occur mixed in with the comedy and it got a lot better then it originally was. The last episode was pretty good as well I might add. I personally loved the way Mafuyu was handled in it as well as Sugisaka, haha. Overall, this was a pleasing show to watch in the long run.

Wingedkratos's avatar By Wingedkratos on Sep 12, 2010

My review for the 2009 comedy/harem/ecchi anime, Seitokai No Ichizon.

This anime may or may not actually have a plot. I'm honestly not sure...it's not extremely clear to me what the actual plot of the story is. All I can think of is that the plot involves the five main characters, Ken, Kurimu, Chizuru, Minatsu, and Mafuyu, whom are part of the Student Council at their school, doing various activities similar to that of a club, like in the anime, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Each day, they start off with Kurimu trying to decide on some sort of activity to do, which is usually something along the lines of making an anime, video game, manga, story, or other things. Since no one actually watches them to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to, they sometimes just do whatever they want, slack off, play games, sleep, talk about personal stuff, and other things.

Each day they do something different and incorporate comical acts in with it in the middle of planning the said activity, then they try and complete the activity. (as far as I can tell, they have yet to actually complete any of the supposed activities they planned to during the days they were at school...)

The animations are extremely smooth when they are intended to be, especially in the opening theme. I suppose there are times where they "purposely" do not make it smooth in certain situations, like when they are beating up on Ken for instance if he is trying to pull off some perverted act of some sort on one of them. The characters themselves are very well drawn, maybe even some of the best looking characters I've seen so far. The animations in the ending scene (as in the animation at the end of every episode) are pretty funny IMO, so look forward to watching them all in chibi form running really fast and defying gravity a lot in there.

Nothing particularly wrong with the "sound" as far as I can tell. There's no cracking, the voices are clear and there's a clear change in their tone when they are feeling angry, sad,  frustrated, etc... Their voice actors seem to work pretty well, and none seem to be wrong for the characters they are playing as. The music, including the opening theme, ending theme, and the music played during the anime, are all decent, but nothing spectacular enough to bother downloading or streaming from a site. Not to say that it was horrible or annoying or anything...it was just average and not particularly that catchy I suppose.

The characters are all have the semi-popular stereotypes for the most part, such as the moe character, the gaming character, the pervert character, the sadistic character, and the athletic character. Each character also falls into a different category as well though. Seasons. Yes, seasons. Each of the four heroines falls into a specific season which represents how they act and think. Sort of unique in a way, I suppose.

Ken- Ken is the "perverted" guy and one of the smartest of the five main characters, as far as grades go anyway. He loves to anger the girls at the beginning of the day with his perverted actions, such as hitting on them or playing hentai visual novel games on the computer during their meetings, but near the end of the day he always shows his serious side and ends up being forgiven. He's a pretty likeable character, if you can get past his attempts to make the Student Council his harem, and hitting on all the girls. He is often the comedy relief character who starts most of the comical scenes in the anime. Despite the fact that he is a pervert, he is actually pretty kind, though it may not be extremely obvious at first. He manages to learn something from each of the four heroines on their first meeting that changes him into a better person.

Kurimu- Kurimu is the "moe" girl and the senior President of the Student Council in her high school. She represents the season of Spring, in the sense that she is almost always suggesting something first, and looks towards the bigger picture when she presents an idea. She is usually picked on by Ken about her "flat chest" but she also picks on him back at times...Ken usually makes one or two comical scenes with her in each episode, and I do enjoy it to some extent. It is obvious that she and Ken are the true "main" characters, as it focuses more on them than anyone else. Anyway, I liked her simply because she's always doing something funny or involved in something funny.

Chizuru- Chizuru is the "Sadistic" girl and the Secretary of the Student Council, working under Kurimu. She represents the season of Autumn, in the sense that she sometimes can be elegant, but can also be gloomy as well. She has been shown to use mind control techniques on Ken and Kurimu somehow, and refuses to allow Ken to learn this trick. It is also hinted that she may or may not be a lesbian, as she makes comments about being the only one that can violate Kurimu's body and makes hidden sexual references sometimes. Even though she does this, she is shown to play the role of Kurimu's older sister, looking out for her well being and scolding her when she gets out of line. I can't really say I enjoyed her character all that much though, not that she wasn't played well or anything.

Minatsu- Minatsu is the "Athletic" girl and the Vice-President of the Student Council. She represents the season of Summer, in the sense that she is always energetic and ready to work no matter what the task is. Despite what it looks like, Mafuyu is actually her younger sister and protects her as a big sister should. She appears to like manga and yuri as much as her sister likes yaoi and video games. What a nice pair of sisters there .-. Apparently despite being athletic and quite the firecracker when she is, she is excels greatly in math, which is usually the exact opposite of the normal "athletic stereotype" that she plays. I didn't find her that interesting to be honest, not that she didn't have her good points.

Mafuyu- Mafuyu is the "Gamer" girl and the Treasurer of the Student Council. She represents the season of Winter, in the sense that she is not very active and extremely uncomfortable with opening up a lot to others, but will show her true self is she feels comfortable. She was a likeable character, but mainly because she often made game references in areas that do not fit with what she is saying, which usually leads to a comical scene. Do I like her simply because she's a gamer girl though? Hard to say there... Anyway, apparently she likes yaoi, which is the exact opposite of her older sister...

Overall

Strangely enough, even the first episode of this anime was entertaining enough to not be considered the usual boring episode that starts the anime off. The anime has a lot of references to other anime, manga, or video games, such as Biohazard, Yu-gi-oh, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, K-ON!, Dragon Ball Z, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Death Note, Hell Girl, Night Wizard, Metal Gear Solid, Power Rangers, and many many others. A good point about this anime is that it happens to be very funny, and most of the comical scenes actually do what they are supposed to well. When I have laughed out loud literally four times in the BEGINNING two episodes, that's when I am sure the comical acts parts doing their job correctly.

This is seriously the most hilarious anime I have ever seen so far, and I've watched over 240 different types of anime. Unfortunately this anime does lack in some areas, and one of those areas is a plot as mentioned above... The characters try to achieve different goals each day. Don't watch this expecting it to have some uber awesome plot, otherwise you won't find it no matter how hard you look. This is pretty much straight up Comedy, mixed in with Harem and a tiny bit of Ecchi. If you are a fan of comedy based anime (why wouldn't you be? o-o) and don't mind a "little" ecchi then I would highly recommend giving this anime a watch.

Wanginator's avatar By Wanginator on Dec 26, 2009

Seitokai no Ichizon is another of those series adapted from light novels into anime, which was one of the reasons that attracted me to it in the first place. It revolves around the daily activities of a group of students that make up the Student Council at a particular school (By the way, the group consists of 4 girls and 1 guy).  Though I'll admit I had some assumptions as to what kind of anime it would play out to be, I was pleasantly surprised in a few areas.

If I had to cut Seitokai no Ichizon into portions based on the tags associated as of this date, I'd say it's (roughly) 30% Parody/Comedy, 30% Harem, and about 10% Ecchi. The comedy and parody aspects of the show remain prominent throughout all 12 episodes, and given the characters and setting, it's easy to understand the Harem portion. Ecchi is present, but it's not the kind of shove-in-your-face ecchi that tends to turn some viewers off from watching a series, nor is it really emphasized on except for a few occasions. But wait, where's the last 30%?

Though it hasn't been added yet, Seitokai no Ichizon hides some nice quality drama beneath its exterior. While nothing incredibly heart-rending or tear-jerking, it is nevertheless a key part in giving the viewer background information about the characters and their relationships with each other. Without this, Seitokai no Ichizon might have ended up being another comedy flick in which the viewers don't really care about what happens to the characters afterwards. Even so, it might not have worked in this case, since a large part of the comedy used in the series stems from the viewer's understanding of the characters' personalities.

Overall, Seitokai no Ichizon is an enjoyable series for anyone who's a fan of comedy or drama, and a sweeter deal for fans of both. For ecchi haters, don't let that tag turn you off from checking the series out.