Scryed

Killerplautze's avatar By Killerplautze on Jan 14, 2010

When I am bored, I always search through the long list of animes which "could be good". And I am glad I gave Scryed a chance. It starts off pretty confusing. You get thrown into the world, without really knowing much about it, but the plot starts to unfold as you go along.

The lost ground, where the plot takes place, is called the lost ground for a reason. After an unexpected natural disaster took place, random people started to get "Alter" powers. Of course, criminality and chaos began to grow, since the Alter-users had the ability to suppress the normal people. Thats where the organisation HOLY, which also consists of Alter-users, steps in and tries to control the region. Kazuma is just one character, trying to make the best out of the whole situation, earning money by using his Alter powers.

For a shounen anime, the story itself is pretty good. With twists and turns it always keeps you watching with excitement. Unfortunately the ending was too rushed and kind of dissapointing. However, at the same time I was really pumped and excited about the ending. I had a a smile on my face, while still being sad. Its really hard to describe.

What I love about Scryed is the characters itself (one of my favorites of all times: Straight Cougar) and the constant character developement. Kazuma starts out as a simple-minded moron, who likes to fight, but in reality Kazuma is more interesting and complex than you might expect. The way the strong emotions are expressed is more than unique and well thought out.

The fights are also unique and special, since every Alter user developed a different Alter power. The emotions also play a huge role in the fighting business.

The animation is good, nothing special, but not that good either. The fights are done well. The sound fits perfectly to the animation. What else is there to say?

I didn't even want to give the anime such high ratings, but somehow I got into a Scryed hype and I don't think I should change it anymore... Overall the anime is worth watching, I would recommend it any day. Even if you might get bored for a few minutes, keep watching and it gets better once again. So if youre bored and want to watch a shounen with lots of action, plot twists, character developement and a pretty good story, Scryed is perfect for you.

Hajime's avatar By Hajime on Sep 24, 2010

Have any powers, which side of the quake were you on? Under 30? Well this series goes into the motions of one man, a savage man, with a heart of gold and a fist of pure fire. One of my top 10ers, this series gives new meaning to justice, and peacekeeping efforts, oh and who is the bad guy? this is hands in the air action folks. watch it only if you want to be entertained in similar fashion to tokyo underground

lonewolftheblack's avatar By lonewolftheblack on Dec 31, 2009

s-Cry-ed has to be one of my more favorite animes. It starts out at a good pase, not to fast or slow, and maintains it though most of the series. Unlike the standard action-packed shounen anime that focuses on the age-old struggle between good and evil. It has a very soild high-and-low class theme that reflects the two main characters, one a poor low class man with a dislike for those who think to much and rarely thinks about what his actions cause and the other a rich high-class man who always thinks about his next action dislike those that dont consider the end result of their actions.

Its first major point is the rivalry of the two main charaters Kazuma and Ryuhou, that serve as each others opposing force. Kazuma a self-admitting battle loving fool who could care less about world around (save for the people he cares for) and whould any thing for the right price, and Ryuhou a calm, and conposed noble who take the matter at hand very seriously. Its second is about loving female main charaters that whould do any thing for them Kanami and Mimori. Kanami a younge girl who is in love with Kazuma and worries about him when ever he is away and Mimori, Ryuhou old flame who still loves him.

The series also has a good set a secondery and suporting characters that dont outshine or get outshined the main characters. Though it there are at least five or six that come to mind the two that I had to say Kunihiko and Straight Cougar are by far my favorite.

The story is a soild nine due to its almost perfect balance of actions and drama though it does falls short due fast ending. The music is a eight the opening and endings are fit very and unlike other opening that remains the same this one changes with the story. The animation is a nine it fits very well and is only not a ten due to its impance with the superpower called Altar with the two man chacters it looks so good but the others just ok. The characters easely a ten they are so induvidual that you cant help but love. The overall is a nine due to its ups and downs and one the things I really enjoyed is there were no fillers. I whould say it is a must see.

ilubsanime's avatar By ilubsanime on Feb 5, 2012

I was extremely surprised when I only saw 3 community reviews on scryed. I watched this anime a couple months ago, but it's now one of my favorites. The entire series follows a general storyline that keeps you wanting to know more. There was so much character depth and development throughout the story that made it great to watch. The action was never-ending and always kept me up late even when I was feeling tired. Now there was some bro-type elements in the series, so I don't know if a girl would like this anime is much as I did; although, I think anyone would be able to relate to the companionship type - I'm never gonna let you down - feelings that this animes invokes in you.

Overall one of my favorite animes now. I can't believe there isn't more reviews on it. 10/10.

PhdInCartoons's avatar By PhdInCartoons on Feb 28, 2013

Good premise, spoilt by too much action. It is good action though. Trying to kick out the policing force is only going to lead to lots and lots of confrontation which it does. There are some twist and turns to keep your mind slightly occupied along the way.

Only decent, even when taking its age into consideration. It looks ok and deals with the fighting pretty well. It does not really match the ambition the creators had though.

The voices are up to the same standard as the rest of the show, and the music is pretty weird actually. Weird in that it is both bad and good at the same time in almost equal measures.

The main characters are pretty boring. The hero could be lifted out of any other action anime and his antagonist is really rather dull. The fact that they only want to beat each other up all the time does also get old pretty quick. The side characters are quite fun though, and do add some bearability to the anime.

Overall

An O.K. action fix. It is good, but not critically. If you want to see people with strange abilities fight then this is for you.

6.6/10 overall