Rosario to Vampire Capu2

CandyDrops's avatar By on Jun 3, 2010

Story: 3

Upon reading the manga this anime was based on, I loved it. And after watching the first anime which I wasn't exactly happy with since it diverted a lot from the original manga I thought that the second season would finally draw back to the manga plot and reveal some of the plots and secrets as shown in the manga.

How wrong I could be...

It was yet another season of pointless comedy, fooling around and cheap attempts of a story line. Even with a new character the anime was boring with almost all episodes being pointless and having no development in the story line at all.

It was only when it came to the last few episodes or so that the creators of the anime decided they needed an actual plot and so they tried to cram it into the last episodes which was a failure.

The first season may have been rather bad but compared to the second season which was a waste of time to watch in hopes of something interesting happening, the first season looks great compared.

Animation: 6

The animation itself was good as always with modern anime, I did find a few moments a bit too bright and some sequences that were repeated could have been altered so as to not be the same over and over but otherwise like all anime now a days it was alright (although not exactly the best I've seen so far).

Sound: 5

Although I didn't like the anime itself I did enjoy the music - especially the opening. I don't have much else to say about this category.

Characters: 5

Sigh. Once again the anime is a let down in this area. Throughout all thirteen episodes, there didn't seem to be one bit of character development. Sure, they tried to make it seem like there was within the short plot they forced in the last few episodes but to be honest by the end they were all in the same spot as in the beginning of the season - with the added help of an extra character.

For a moment there is an episode or two focused on a certain character in which by the end it seems they have matured in some way but unfortunatly by the next episodes they seem to be the same as usual.

Overall: 4

In all I wouldn't recommend this anime at all. If I were to write a review on the manga then my opinion would be much different but since here I am writing about the second season of the anime I can't think of many positive things to say which is unfortunate considering the potential it had - After all, a school set where various supernatural beings attend? Surely. they could have thought of some better events that what they broadcasted.

All in all, I give this a low rating of four. If I could I wouldn't have bothered watching this anime at all which is rather harsh coming from myself but I'm being honest in my views.

halfhazard's avatar By on Jul 1, 2012

The second season is a joke compared to the first one. The last couple of episodes absolutely suck and are hugely dissapointing. Do your self a favor and dont watch the second season.

Elowz's avatar By on Jan 31, 2011

Story -- 5/10 There's not really any big storyline in Capu2. Instead, each episode as is little story. This doesn't suit some of you so if your a big fan of good storylines, don't watch this anime.
Animation -- 7/10 There's actually pretty good animation, better then the first series.

Sound -- 6/10 Nothing special to report, there's good and bad voice acting

Characters -- 8/10 As in the first series, the characters is where this anime is the best at. You will hate some characters, love others and some of them will make you laugh.

Overall -- 7/10 Overall I think this series is better then the first one, there is more diversity. I recommend this to anyone who likes to watch this type of show, it will make you smile.

NOTE: Read the manga, It's awsome!

RedCrossRobbery's avatar By on Jul 8, 2011

Wow... I was surprised to see a second season of a Harem comedy actually outdo the first for me. The second season contains alot of fan service (I thought that was why people watched these kind of series anyway?), but the storyline actually put on some big boy pants and stepped outside of the episodic way of life it had been living. (If only a little ;])

Story: 7 out of 10
In my review of the first Rosario to Vampire season, I actually gave the plotline a 4 (the lowest of all categories). The reason I did so was because there was no actual "plotline" and moreso just an episodic collection of character introductions and almost kisses. The second season - at least to me - cleared this up quite nicely.
Although they still have TONS of episodic storylining (What the hell was up with that one episode with the 20 or so mini-arcs for the characters? How dumb), RtVCAPU2 actually filtered out into a solid linear storyline the last few episodes. Even if it was predictable and cliche, it at least showed that it could bite when necessary. The only thing that irritated me is that Aono still has not kissed one of them. He's looking less stoic, and more sexually confused every episode :[

Animation: 8 out of 10
I personally feel as if the second season really stepped up its game in the animation field. Not only did they come otu with a pretty awesome opening song and video, they did much less "budget shots" and worked on their action scenes nicely. A scene I personally remember is (SPOILER) when the human world is watching the sky break.

Sound: 6 out of 10
Sound was a poor field in both series, mostly in part due to the lack of music in the majority of the series. The saving grace for season 2 though, was the shift in both opening and ending song. Voice acting was still done well, with my personal favorites still being Kurumu’s "Yahoohoo" or Moka's "Capu-chuuuu".

Characters: 7 out of 10
Smart, intelligent characters that grow throughout the series was NOT something you could fin in the first season. Every female lead was completely stuck with a stereotypical single-mildest, and never grew as characters. This was changed in the second season.
In the second season, every character has an arc that lets you sympathize, and (pardon the lciche) fall in love with them. During the final episode, Kurumu and Aono have a conversation, and you get to see Kurumu cry, and it just absolutely breaks your heart, and you can't hlep but root for her (that is until the next female shares her sob-story of course :p)

Overall: 7 out of 10
Overall, Rosario to Vampire is still not an impressive series, and if you are as against Studio Gonzo (as most people are), you probably will not enjoy it. However, if this light-hearted Harem comedy is your flavor, I do highly recommend the second season. It is a definite upgrade to the first.

Komirai's avatar By on Oct 3, 2012

"A series with splendid animation and soundtrack but poor storyline."

Many many things have happened in the first season which was loosely based on the manga original, so logically we are expecting the storyline of Capu2 to continue from where season one left off. In fact, many many things do happen in Rosario + Vampire Capu2. They include the very exciting and daring (in the sense that they are pissing off the fans) censored fan service, more censored fan service, and still more annoying censored fan service. In terms of actual Rosario + Vampire story coverage, Capu2 literally got close to none with a few minor exceptions.

Similar to the previous season, Capu2 is also considered episodic (each episode is one mini standalone story). The "monster of the week" which received numerous criticism also returned though this time most of the "monsters" do not have much of an evil intention thus making most battles seem even more ridiculous (pointless) than before.

Unlike the first season which still semi followed the story from the manga, Capu2 is almost purely fillers as evident in episode 6. To wrap it up, Gonzo pretty much taken out all the actions in the story and replaced them with censored fan service (how can it be called fan service if they are censored with a bear?). Obviously fillers unrelated to the actual story tend to make fans unhappy, but from another perspective it can be rather refreshing at times because even manga readers wouldn't know what might come next!

Animation:
Upon watching this anime, perhaps the first thing you'll notice is the supreme animation quality. Whether you are new to this series, or a fan from the manga original, the artwork in the anime is without a doubt impressive. It should be added that the animation quality throughout the series is very consistent, which certainly means a lot for a show intended for fan servicing.

Sound:
When compared to the first season, the OP and ED are certainly at the same level in terms of quality, thanks to our beloved Nana. It is plain evident that the OP and ED clips no longer relates to the story (unlike season 1's OP and ED which give hints to certain aspects of the plot), which is actually a good thing for this season since the production crew never had any intention of following the story anyhow. So a good OP and ED that matches their theme (ie. fanservice) would do the trick.

Give Nana Mizuki tons and tons of credit for her amazing job well done for performing the OP and ED as well as being the CV for Moka. As stated in my Rosario + Vampire review, Nana has an amazing ability to sing thus allowing her to win the “Best Musical Performance” award in the first Seiyu Awards.

Character:
I was quite surprised when writing this review that there were hardly any character development in this season. Not only are the characters' hidden abilities STILL have yet to be included in the anime, but nothing really changed from the first season's ending (as expected from a filler series). Season one definitely did a better job in this department.

7.6/10 overall