Rosario to Vampire Capu2

Add review
Epimondas's avatar
May 3, 2015

By this time the story has strayed so far from the source, it can hardly be called the same thing.  Though it does, albiet very, very vaguely, finally suggest some changes to Tskune near the end and that he can face some things on his own, it is very much too little too late and a very weak and poor attempt at that.  It is so, vague and weakly done it is hard to really know what the heck is going on.  Yet since it strays so much from the source and so poorly at that, it seems like the story arcs have no real footing.  The second season centers too much around this silly harem idea and does so way more strongly than the manga.  It makes the girls in the series seem foolish, weak, stupid, and/or desparate.  Maybe the series writers by this time either all left or were themselves so fed up that they just driveled on standard manufactured cliches to fill the script pages.  Most of the episodes are pretty weak compared to even to season one and also seem to go no where.  it is even hard to really understand or find any story arcs like there were in season one and the manga.  The stupid bat seems to take on a stronger more central role and he does not even exist in the manga and in season one he is mostly just a narrator.  Either role is way better than as a central character.  There is really no meaning or meat or substance anywhere in season 2.  It is almost a hack job rip off of the ruined mess that season one was.  For the most part, there are really no story arcs in common with the manga from season two though there is some, vague though they are, resemblences to the story arcs in the manga to season one.  Season one might have been a failed half hearted underskilled effort to retell the manga, but season two doesn't even measure up to that.

0.5/10 story
1.5/10 overall
TomHatesYou's avatar
Mar 10, 2015

Just as repetative as the first season, with little development to the one dimensional characters. After watch each episode for ten minutes, nine times out of ten you can guess exactly how it's all going to end

4.5/10 overall
HasegawaTadayoshi's avatar
Dec 10, 2016

Based off memory. Also, spoilers.

Alrighty then. This is one of the first  anime I've ever watched, so, emotionally, I have a connection to it so I can't just, hate it. But I can hate it for not following the manga.

The story of Capu2 was a bit, per se, bland. It lacked a lot, but at the same time it was striving for the right anime original goal.

Looking back at Capu2, the animation looks pretty....................... meh. It's not something I'd cry over or particularly love, it's just " :| ".

I'm going to say it clearly: no. Bad opening. Bad ending. That's a personal opinion. Take your pitchfork somewhere else.

Even if most of the characters seemed a little bad, there was some good character. The MC (forget his name) and the main girl (forget her name) are the closest in their relationship to each other. The MC, however, is falling for the white haired version of the main girl (true vampire form thing), so I mean, that spices it up a bit... right? No? Ok.

TwistedViper20XX's avatar
Sep 2, 2016

Just as vapid as season 1, but it seems like they abandon any pretense of a plot from the very start of episode 1. Which I can deal with; I watch this particular anime purely for laughs, and season 2 provides them in abundance.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Not gonna say much beyond this, but... hearing a "grown-ass woman" launch an attack called 'Breast Missiles of Rage' is the single most epic moment in entertainment history. FTR, I realize this is an anime, made in Japan, a society held to a 'different moral standard' than us 'Murikans. So I just laugh and appreciate the gotdayum show for what it is: exaggerated cartoon T&A with plenty of comic relief peppered in.

WolfAngelus's avatar
Dec 22, 2015

This season feels like a improvement over the first in many ways while dropping a few other aspects. Thankfully the improvements outweigh the drops by far and made this season a lot better in my view. It is still heavily ecchi based so keep that in mind if you are planning to watch.

The artwork feels updated and modern compared to the first season which is what my main dissapointment was. The ecchi has improved thanks to the higher quality artwork, this time around there will be full nudity with proper detail on the female chests compared to the doll format chosen for the first. That may be odd to comment on and be happy about, but for those that enjoy proper artwork or ecchi, it is an important detail to get right.

Next improvement and this one was very important to me, comedy! This season is extremely funny compared to the first, at least for episodes 1-10.

The sacrifices in return is any real aspect of story or romance. There is quite a bit of story depth in episodes 11-13 but before that the episodes are very random and don't link up. Assuming you have watched season 1, this shouldn't be a large surprise or difference since story wasn't its main focus. We do see character development continue on (in more ways than one) along with the addition of one new character, the families of the main group, and the bat gets a lot more involvement this time!

There are quite a few songs sung throughout the season which was quite neat, a bit of a change of pace.

The romance part of the anime has mostly turned into a comedy based romance at best, at least until the last three episodes where it gets pretty deep.

We don't see many monster battles anymore either as we instead change to family feuds which are actually much more entertaining and actually contribute better to the whole relationship development.

Nonetheless, it is only a 13 episode season, choices had to be made and the choices were for the best based on entertainment and enjoyment factors.

The only bad thing about this season really is that it marks where this show ends as there is no season 3. There was plenty of material to work with and could have went on without issues. I enjoyed Rosario to Vampire a lot more overall than I had originally expected.

Review of Season 1 ; Scored 8