Puni Puni Poemy

galacticdude7's avatar By galacticdude7 on Aug 16, 2011

-Story-

I was brought to watch Puni Puni Poemy after I finished watching Excel Saga. For the most part I felt that Poemy was pretty funny, and I found myself in various spots laughing out loud. However, I feel that too much of the humor relies too much of refuge in vularity in order to be funny, and not enough on the crazy random crap that made Excel Saga so great. I did like how the show hung a lampshade on their use of fanservice in the show, which scored some bonus points for me.

-Animation-

Overall the animation in Poemy is on par with that of Excel Saga, but I feel that there was a bit less effor in Poemy than Excel Saga.

-Characters-

My biggest complaint with Puni Puni Poemy is that we are introduced to so many characters in so little time, that we are not given the proper time to fall in love with them, and they appear one-dimensional and unneccesary. Unfortunately, Futaba's sisters fall into this trap, which I find really sad because I feel that they could have been better characters if we had gotten to see more of them. K falls into this as well and I feel it hurts him as a character.

-Overall-

I was entertained by Puni Puni Poemy, but not nearly as much as some other series. Its a pretty entertaining hour of anime. I would recommend watching it after watching Excel Saga despite Poemy's flaws.

Tyman2007's avatar By Tyman2007 on Jan 14, 2011

Story 4/10;

I can't believe there were no reviews on this anime. That's just rediculous! I think this anime is popular. Maybe, maybe not. Whatever. Let's get this party started!

So, about the story. What's that? There's a story? That's the question I asked myself before wanting to write a review on this anime. I can say that the main goal of this anime was comedy, and it made it! For a comedic factor, I have to give it a pretty good score, but for the overall storyline and how everything progressed, there is no clarity to the story at all. Things were just thrown out of the blue with no explanation.

There was some comedic drama I would have to say. They put in something dramatic and made it somewhat of a laughable thing. This OVA is very fast paced (And the way that poemi talks) which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I knew the story, but I didn't know anything on, say, motivations. Pretty much every seen, I ask myself either "Why?" or "What just happened?" which is good for comedy, but bad for story.

Animation 7/10;

Watching this anime, I was surprised at the animation put in here. The actual images were really good quality, I will admit. The actual animating of the images though could use a little work, but I think this is an appropriate score.

Sound 6/10;

The sound here just didn't blow my mind. It was average in taste. The voice actors though, I give a lot of credit to, primarily for keeping up with poemi's 300 words per minute.

Characters 6/10;

Well, as far as character development, the characters were introduced with a lot of haste, but I have to say, it's 2 episodes long so it's understandable. I grew to know a lot about the characters, but the other ones I still have no clue what their story is. I can tell what each character is like and a bit on their interests. I still have no clue on a few parts, which you have to watch it to understand what I mean.

You look at a lot of characters and ask yourself "WHY?!" It was a bit of a shocker at the small amount of incest. I look at the characters and if there was one word that I could use to describe about 80% of the characters in this anime, I would say "Perverted." The relationships between the characters shows how unique the characters really are. It seems as if everyone has somewhat of the same idea here.

Overall 5.5/10;

Yeah.. I didn't understand this anime at all. It made me laugh though, which gives it its watchability. There is a lot of emphasis on ecchi and there's a story that confuses the living hell out of just about anyone. Had the story not been so poorly written, I can say that it might have actually dropped a lot of the comedic factor and thus dropping a lot off this anime's score.

It's just bad, but it's so good as well, that I suggest that if you don't mind the ecchi bits (Which is emphasized as I will emphasize again) that you should watch this anime. It's 2 episodes long, you can't go too wrong.

5.5/10 overall
angelsreviews's avatar By angelsreviews on Jul 22, 2013

Um… This is so stupid! There is no easy way to say this, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? I can’t talk about story because there really isn’t a story. There is a idea, a concept, but it will never be flushed out and no matter how much they load the show, it would have been better if they lay off a bit. But of course, the creator couldn’t do that it seems… If it wasn’t 2 episodes, I wouldn’t have watched it to the end and even then, I could barley get there. From the baby that predicted danger by pooping, to the S&M Dominatrix, there is so much bad acting and messed up animation that I feel sick just watching it.

The artwork is as creepy as it can get, the characters always look out of proportion and wonky. It is really creepy! The only thing nice about it is the crisp lines.

The English voices are rather terrible and are ether two high, to energetic, or to out of control that I can barely understand them. It’s over done so much that I feel they were making it a big joke. After hearing the Japanese versions, I was deeply disappointed in the fact that they were pretty much the same as the English. It was the worst, (and the reason I am comparing to the English is because I watched it first in English). I don’t think anyone should watch it but if you really like this stuff, be my guest. It’s just not something for me, even if I like some of Nabeshin’s work; this is one of the worst.