Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?

Alt title: Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

Neukris's avatar By on Aug 25, 2014

This review may contain my own opinion and possible minor spoilers, read at your own risk!

If you still want to read this review, here we go then.

Story: The story is about 3 people, You KASUKABE, Asuka KUDOU and Izayoi SAKAMAKI, whom are suddenly invited and teleported to the unknown land known as "Little Garden". The reason is, the Black Rabbit summoned them since each of them own an unique ability. I'll explain why Black Rabbit summoned them later. First, let's see... what exactly is Little Garden? Little Garden is world where anyone can host Gift Games, in which any possible prizes (from gift cards, which can be used in gift games to help you out, to one's lifes...) may be won or lost by gods, spirits, monsters or people with extraordinary abilities like You, Asuka and Izayoi. Furthermore, clans exist in this world. Each clan contains few or a lot of people that participate in games (depending on rules, which are made by hosts, or you could call them challengers) in order to help each other win. Most clans posses their own flags and territories like an actual country.

Why did Black Rabbit summon You, Asuka and Izayoi? Basically, Black Rabbit is part of the clan that used to be like any other clan, until they lost its name and members in the Game, which led to losing its status as an actual clan.

Now the No-Name clan seeks a new talent to make comeback and to regain its flag and name. Thus, Black Rabbit summoned our children in order to get help from them in regaining clan's pride. Will they help Black Rabbit or just ditch her, or perhaps make some kind of trade? And if they join the clan, will they be able to succeed with the redemption of the clan? Watch the anime to find out!

Animation: The animation in this anime is good. I don't know what more to say about that, but again, some people may have different tastes.

Sound: Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo has decent soundtrack. The main thing that caught my eye (or more like ear) though, would be the opening, which is very catchy. 1-2-3! Black or White~?

Black Rabbit - Funny airhead character with oppais, bunny ears and tail. Always targeted by everyone's teasing. She will do anything in order for the clan to succeed. You'll love this character right away, as she is always interesting to watch. ALWAYS.

Izayoi Sakamaki - A not-so-typical teenager with unknown ability that overpowers anything and anyone in his way. Izayoi's main reason for participating in clan's redemption is that it could be fun, unlike his original world. He is the one who always keeps his cool.

Asuka Kudou - Bossy and friendly Ojou-sama with big ego. Asuka, who didn't like her original world much enjoys Little Garden a lot with her psychic powers.

You Kasukabe - Your typical mischievous animal lover with cat pet. Kasukabe also has an unique power like Asuka and Izayoi.

Overall: Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? also known as just "Problem Children" is an anime that is worthwhile of your time. It's main course is strange comedy, with few fan service here and there (mainly in OVA). If you're looking to have fun by watching a laid-back anime, yet sometimes serious, this anime is just for you!

roriconfan's avatar By on Apr 3, 2013

PROPER MINDSET
This anime (which I will simply call Mondaiji) is basically a filler series. Meaning, something you will watch between better titles or when there is nothing good on tv. It is one of those light shows people watch as relaxation or when they are very bored. Sure, I make it sound like it is a bad thing when it isn’t but then again I am not watching anime because I am bored.

SCRIPT
The story is about three teenagers from our world being transferred to a magical land where they need to help it help it be freed from the tyranny of demon lords. Sounds a bit typical so far, yet it plays a twist on this by making the whole thing to feel like it’s a parody. The teenagers are really messed up in their heads and possess superpowers that surpass even those of the demon lords. And the way to save the world is by winning in games. And their guide in this world is a sexy bunny rabbit. Sounds funny? Yes! Do they do much with any of all that besides one joke after another? No!

If you try to see this show for any other reason than comedy, then chances are you will be greatly disappointed with how effortless everything is. The heroes have simply no trouble beating all the challenges, which are nothing but silly games in a fantasy-themed amusement part. They are also supposed to have their personal issues but those mean nothing if they can waltz through the challenges within minutes and be constantly the heroes of the day. It sort of takes away any reason to keep watching. But then again the whole show is about wishful thinking than drama or tension so I guess it is what the creators intended for it to be all along. You have these arrogant overpowered kids who are bored out of their minds in our world and wish to show off how cool they are in a fictional land that looks like a fairy tale, where everything is a joke and no real worries exist. What kind of insecured kid wouldn’t like that?

As far as the humour goes, it is ok to the most part but just like everything else it is light and silly. It mostly has to do with the heroes being badass and manipulating, and that bunny girl keep being sexually humiliated despite all her good intensions. It sort of becomes repetitive from a point on but the show is only 10 episodes so it doesn’t last long enough to become boring in a redundant way. I know many who think it is too short for its content but I don’t agree; if it doesn’t have much of a plot or any significant tension then it might as well stop while it is still good, instead of keep getting more of it until nobody cares anymore. They did that with the very similar Dog Days and look how bad it turned out to be for not ending in half a season. They could have made a continuation where the heroes are starting to lose or the drama becomes more prominent than the humour but that would move too far away from the initial goal of the show and it would displease most. So it was fine to end where it did.

PRODUCTION VALUES
As far as artwork goes, there is nothing noteworthy. I mean, ok, the fantasy land looks colourful and eye-catchy, and the bunny girl is hot. That is all there is to it; nothing exceptional in terms or details, cinematics, fluent animation or special effects during the battles. The characters are as stereotypical as they get, both in design as well as personality.

The music themes are forgettable fluff, and the voice acting is lost under the very light presentation of the story. There are no bigshot names in the production team either; studio, directors, and writer are nobodies who only did silly stuff in the past and don’t intend to create something memorable EVER!

CAST
Many loved the lead boy for being an arrogant bastard than the usually pussy protagonist of harems that is in almost every show there is today. That doesn’t make him any special or memorable since we get a badass like him once in every season and they are all as forgettable as the wimps they try not to resemble. The other two girls that are in the same team as him are from a point on completely worthless too, since he alone can defeat EVERYTHING with no support from friends or allies. What was the point of having three heroes when one was more than enough while the other two barely matter or are noticed?

LEGACY
Let’s be frank of what this show is, ok? A light watch to chuckle for a couple of times before you find a better show and forget it within a week. It is not bad yet nothing special to bother recommending to others. I came, I saw, I left, I remember nothing about it. There is no value in it exactly because it never tried to be anything more than an anecdote.

And now for some excused scorings.

ART SECTION: 7/10
General Artwork 2/2 (looks like a fairy tale)
Character Figures 1/2 (generic)
Backgrounds 2/2 (basic but fitting with the feeling of the series)
Animation 1/2 (basic)
Visual Effects 1/2 (basic)

SOUND SECTION: 6/10
Voice Acting 2/3 (corny but fitting with the feeling of the series)
Music Themes 2/4 (average)
Sound Effects 2/3 (ok I guess)

STORY SECTION: 2/10
Premise 1/2 (simple)
Pacing 0/2 (very loose)
Complexity 0/2 (none)
Plausibility 0/2 (none)
Conclusion 1/2 (cheesy)

CHARACTER SECTION: 3/10
Presence 1/2 (generic)
Personality 2/2 (silly but well founded)
Backdrop 0/2 (none)
Development 0/2 (none)
Catharsis 0/2 (none)

VALUE SECTION: 1/10
Historical Value 0/3 (none)
Rewatchability 1/3 (low because of too little plot)
Memorability 0/4 (nothing to remember it for)

ENJOYMENT SECTION: 2/10
Art 1/1 (looks like a fairy tale)
Sound 0/2 (sounds meh)
Story 1/3 (feels generic and effortless)
Characters 0/4 (they are cardboards)

VERDICT: 3.5/10

3.5/10 overall
nasro49's avatar By on Dec 20, 2015

short story  but its the great short fantasy

the principale character is the funiest badas xD who had misterious  powers

if the story continue we will see lot of great events

the other character are amazing too

Kuro usagi

shiroyasha

3 dangerous kids x/

Bestanimeserie's avatar By on Mar 19, 2013

I'm going to start by saying that I absolutely loved this serie, so i might be fanboying about it but let's start

Synopsis: The serie starts of with three "problem children" and are transported from their world to a place called "The Little Garden".Which looks a little bit like las vages to me. In this world there are communities wich make their names by having people take part in something called a "Gift Game", these are games where both side bet something. These "Gift Games" are never the same the rules are made up by the player that challenges the other player. Some communities and demon lords take on the lesser communities unfairly. The characters become part of an community wich does not have an name and is called "The no-names", so they try to build it up and take down some of those unfair communities and demon lords, but can they do it?

Story: The story's pacing is not bad, in the  first episode i was like wait what?, but the second episode actually explains some things and the third gets you into the pacing of the entire series.

Characters: In the group of "problem children" you have got four main charachters: Asuka who has the power to let people obey every command, Izayoi the overpowered character  and You who can talk to animals Also we have kuro usagi or black rabbit who is their guardian/guide . Apart from Izayoi the show explains the pasts and feelings of the other two characters. At the end of the show you don't know much about Izayoi just that he's very powerful and smart.

Animation: The animation is very nice, nothing special but the world is very colorful, wich goes the same for character designs and action both are very pleasing to the eye. The animation is not bad and is one of the things that'll keep you watching it. Also at the end of every episode you get a fan art picture thing wich where all amazing (I actually have one of them as my background)

Sound: To start with the Opening it's very good in my opinion i actually have it on my music player just because it's very catchy. I also liked the ending wich is quite rare as i usually skip it but this ending i watched or listend to quite a few times.

Enjoyment: Lots of action, quite some comedy a catchy op and likable characters this was a great serie to watch even though the male lead is very OP (over powered) it was not that predictable. The characters don't change that much but it's not really needed. For a 10 episode serie this was very enjoyable and i hope for a second season.

Overall: This serie is not a bad show but it main down side is that this show is just 10 episode's if it would have been let's say 24 it would have been better but we might get a 2nd season if we are lucky. in total a nice serie to watch if you got some time left

Now for the ratings:

Animation 8/10
Story: 8/10
Sound 7.5/10
Characters 7/10
Enjoyment 9/10

If you got comments, tips or anything else please tell me :)

7.5/10 sound
6.5/10 characters
Kamodo303's avatar By on Sep 3, 2015

This Anime was good with a simple storyline and easy to read charactors.  I think it could have had a longer run making the plot a little more in-depth, but for the length it was a good in-between show to watch.