Princess Lover!

chii's avatar By chii on Oct 19, 2009

This started out ok. I hate harems so i was suprised i was actually enjoying it. But around ep 8 or so they decided to completely change the direction of the anime and completely ruined it trying to be something that it wasn't. I was very disspointed as i thought i finally found a harem i could sit and enjoy... boy was i wrong... my rating is a 5 because i did enjoy it for most of the anime but it was totally ruined by the sudden "plot twist"

CoolHandMike's avatar By CoolHandMike on Aug 8, 2011

The first half was enjoyable fluff. Big-boobed, ecchi comedy that flows very nicely. Had it continued in that vein I would have given this anime an 8/10. The second is incredulous to the extreme. When foreign mercenaries with automatic weapons and bombs commit acts of terrorism, abduction, and grand theft railroad do you contact the authorities or send the nephew and butler over-seas on a special-op mission? It's so stupid I was face palming every five minutes and shaking my head in-between. So for the second half 4/10.

Galcifer's avatar By Galcifer on Jun 5, 2010

Dear god talk about disappointment really........ came to watch this anime with good Expectations the summary for the story seem unique and interesting because the main Character  Teppei Arima was the exception to the rule about you typical boy that his life is change because of a girl  and he is pathetic and helpless which is not the case in this anime.

Story = 3 out of 10

You may ask why well this had a good plot from the beginning it really did short intro Teppei Arima the main character lives with his mom and dad happily then they are Kill in a accident that is what originally Teppei Arima is told then after 2 months after his parents accident he is taken him by his grandfather of his mother side and his is one of the richest man in the world so on his way to his Grand father house he comes across a girl being chase by 3 guys trying to pull her out of the road so he intervenes and rescues the girl by the name  Charlotte Hazelrink a suppose princess after that they say their goodbyes and get to his grandfather house where a party is being held in order to announce that he is the next heir to the ARIMA corp and aslo that he is already engaged to a girl of a noble family name Sylvia then he meet his maid name yuu and when he goes to school meets the princess and a new girl named  Seika Houjouin all this girls develop feeling for him as the anime progresses and it was a good plot the princess likes him already because he saved her his  new fiancé is not sure how to feel about this and the maid felt in love him and tells his her sad story that was a orphan and was take in by his grand father and also the girl named    Seika Houjouin falls in love his him for no apparent reason so the question was who will he choose but he never does the story is kill by a stupid bad guy who was the one who kill Teppei Arima Parents to take Revenge against his grandparent until there is was a good plot until he reveals the reason why he did it and then he kills the whole story and after that was just garbage i don't to spoil everything so if u want watch it but i don't recommend it u wont get the 5 and half hours back in u life that take to watch this anime is not worth it.

Animation 7 out of 10

The animation was good that is was this was such a disappointment all because of the story .

Sound 6 out of 10

The opening and end theme is just bad and some of the sound don't belong there at all like when the main male character Teppei Arima fighting's with Sylvia in the first episode he has a woodened sword and Sylvia a Metal one and every time the sword hit it sound like both sword a metal and that is only 1 example the only rather good about the sound is the characters voices.

Characters 7 out of 10

I like the characters i really did that is what piss me off this anime had good possibilities all the character felt unique and well design the only Character that i felt was like recycle was the Princess Charlotte Hazelrink she looks a lot like Moka from Rosario to Vampire other than that they were okay .

Overall 5 out of 10

This anime was such a disappointment which was a surprise for me the studio was GoHands i can belief the choose this crappy i know by fact this a make from a Ero Magna even so they choose to make such a crappy anime that had a really bad plot since they had made some good animes like White Album (TV) and Darker than BLACK (TV) oh well if u into Romantic anime that stars good the story is kill by a stupid bad guys and some political issues and have a bad ending well this is u anime .

Quizap's avatar By Quizap on Aug 18, 2010

Started off really well. The first two episodes introduced what didn’t seem like it would turn into a harem at all but man oh man was I wrong about that. It’s harem galore, especially towards the later episodes. Some of it really was funny, I’ll give it that much but Arima’s cheesyness kinda ruined a LOT of that in the last few episodes. Hazelrink was the most annoying in the group of 4 girls with the other 3 ranking sooooo much higher in quality compared to her. All Charlotte had going for her were boobs, that’s it. Her ditsy personality was too much for me.

Regios's avatar By Regios on May 5, 2010

Princess Lover -- Originally an Eroge (Erotic Visual Novel), Princess Lover was one of those typical settings where the main character's world suddenly changes, as he is cast out into a totally new society, both at home as well as outside and inside of school life. However, Princess Lover, has one thing that most other adaptions fail to present. A likeable main character, namely the protagonist.

Story - 8/10

The city is in an uproar as rich people are being targeted by unknown assaliants. A fateful day, unbeknownst to Teppei, is the day where he would see his parents last time.

With the rather dramatic death of his lovely parents, Teppei ARIMA is taken in by his mother's father. His grandfather, Isshin ARIMA, is the head and owner of a mighty Japanese industry and is considered to be among the wealthiest men in the world. Being old and without any children himself, Isshin appoints Teppei as his successor both in blood and calling.

The story goes on around an intrigue plot of politics, power, wealth, love and loyalty. And in it's epicentre is Teppei ARIMA with three of his friends. His fiancé, his crush and his admirer. (Not to forget his maid (;)

Animation - 8/10

The animation and style is great, there is nothing breathtaking though or for that matter a breakthrough or unseen, but Princess Lover certainly delivers a very pleasurable scenery to accompany the developing story.

Sound - 7/10

I didn't pay much heed to the sound to be honest, but I can tell you that there was no point in the show where I felt either touched or annoyed by any of it. In this I include voice acting, choice of music etc. Certainly, the action sequences could have been filled with better music, but let's face it - this anime is an adaption from an Eroge.

Characters - 7/10

With the exception of Teppei ARIMA, we have the typical Tsundere, Deredere and Kamidere. That said, the only thing that pulls the character rating over 5 is Teppei, who isn't your standard wimpy fool who lacks both confidence and the ability to comprehend the obvious. No, Teppei is a skilled fighter, smart, but not too assertive youth that follows the choices of a common man.

Overall - 8/10

Why? Well - many people bash the anime without even considering it's origin. The show is left with an open ending, where it strictly points out that whomever Teppei chooses would be his own choice. That said, the audience is left to choose. This proves the Eroge origin to be true, because in the Eroge, there is no favourite girl other than the one you choose yourself. The ending aside, I found the show very captivating as it made me really interested in this rather uncommon main protagonist, who is basically a normal guy with guts. My review might be slightly biased, but I think it all sums down to perception, likes and tastes. Enjoy.