Plastic Nee-san

Alt titles: +Tic Elder Sister

AngelBeatsYui's avatar By on Jul 17, 2014

Warning this Review May Contain Spoilers-

The review now is for the short comedy series known as Plastic Nee-san. This show was random and I don’t really need to explain the story because in short, there wasn’t any. At this moment I know that this I going to be a really short review due to the fact this anime is quite bad, it’s sad. Like I said this anime has no story which is why I only gave it a 2/10, I know it’s bad but enjoyable in a weird way. The animation matches the basic story, I is really bad, I personally didn’t like it sadly…I don’t know whether I am being too harsh but that is just me >_<

The Music….umm…wait….there was music?! I seriously can’t remember it, I feel so bad...anyway the voice actors were ok, average…That is all on this section. The characters were really simple from their personalities to their design to their voices .  There is no emotional development but I guess this is like a small programme you would see in the adverts so it doesn’t need to be like that, I guess.

So in conclusion this anime is bad, seriously bad, I really wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, unless you really want to waste your time, like I did. (I think I am being too harsh)….anyway watch it if you want something light or something to fill in gaps between series, I guess. So that is it.

~AngelBeatsYui~

2.5/10 overall
zifilockhart's avatar By on Dec 27, 2014

This anime is not one to be taken seriously. It's sort of like daily lives as highschool boys in the sense that its completely random and i absolutely loved it. It was very funny to me and my only regret is that it wasnt longer. So if youre just looking for a good laugh then this is for you in my opinion.

CaptainSlow's avatar By on Jun 25, 2015

What I Liked: The Beautiful Person - so by extension her first skit and the tennis skit. Animation is simple, colourful and gets the job done.

What I Didn't: The soundtrack is incredibly limited and forgettable. The gags mostly miss the mark and rely too heavily on Nee-san's obnoxiousness or on raunchy "jokes".

Final Verdict: This short, frantic and silly collection of shorts is an easy way to fill a half-hour. However, the skits are hit-and-miss for the most part, making this series mediocre at best.

4.5/10 overall
BigDumbOhFace's avatar By on Nov 26, 2014

How DID I actually come upon this anime?  I think there was this video on YouTube.  It was a hilarious mashup of Plastic Nee-San and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.  However, that mashup wasn't really far off from what the show actually was.

The bottom line is that it there is none.  As a mini-series, it was probably meant to be a quick fix.  It does feel good to watch a show and not have to invest so much emotion in it.  This was the first thing I've watched in a while as I've been too busy to finish up on other animes and it was pretty entertaining to me.  No plot means that I could've went away from it, come back, and not miss anything.  The comedy of this show was... unique to say the least.  It's likes Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou but it's 100x more ridiculous.

It acutally looks really good considering how ridiculous it is.  The artwork is really good IMO.  The colors look great and animation actually looks just as great.  In the video I saw, the way the wall broke looked like it was from an awesome high budget mainstream action show.

Also really good.  There's no catchy opening or ending because it was just a mini-series you can knock off in less than half an hour.  It did have a bunch of sound effects that helped add to the comedy.  The one SFX i do remember is the wet plopping sound in one the episodes.  It was so... idk how to explain.  Most of the time there's usually someone yelling for some odd reason as well.

Oh God.  The characters...  There's the 3 main characters, Nee-San, Makimaki, and Okappa.  Then they have a ton of side characters.  They're all just effing bizarre.  That is the only way to describe everyone here.  They all look cute and stuff (except the people outside of the main 3) but they're just weird as heck.  They're all over the place and the best way to describe them is chaotic.  That's why they're awesome, in my opinion.  They're really charming and can't help but smile.

Overall

Like I said before, this isn't for those who want something to fully invest in.  I mean, how can you emotionally invest in something that takes less than half an hour to watch?  As I watched it all on YouTube, I read the comments.  The main thing I saw was, "What the hell did I just watch?"  That's really the best way to describe this show.  I didn't know what in the world I was watching but that didn't stop me from fully enjoying it.

7.5/10 sound
95fraser's avatar By on Nov 8, 2014

I cant tell if i wasted the last 30 minutes of my life or not. If you are bored and just want to see something i guess this is it.