Plastic Nee-san

Alt title: +Tic Elder Sister

AngelBeatsYui's avatar By on Jul 17, 2014

Warning this Review May Contain Spoilers-

The review now is for the short comedy series known as Plastic Nee-san. This show was random and I don’t really need to explain the story because in short, there wasn’t any. At this moment I know that this I going to be a really short review due to the fact this anime is quite bad, it’s sad. Like I said this anime has no story which is why I only gave it a 2/10, I know it’s bad but enjoyable in a weird way. The animation matches the basic story, I is really bad, I personally didn’t like it sadly…I don’t know whether I am being too harsh but that is just me >_<

The Music….umm…wait….there was music?! I seriously can’t remember it, I feel so bad...anyway the voice actors were ok, average…That is all on this section. The characters were really simple from their personalities to their design to their voices .  There is no emotional development but I guess this is like a small programme you would see in the adverts so it doesn’t need to be like that, I guess.

So in conclusion this anime is bad, seriously bad, I really wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, unless you really want to waste your time, like I did. (I think I am being too harsh)….anyway watch it if you want something light or something to fill in gaps between series, I guess. So that is it.

~AngelBeatsYui~

2.5/10 overall
LadyPsychic's avatar By on Mar 3, 2016

To be honest, this series doesn't actually have a plot.  It's just the random antics of three high school girls and several side characters.  The humor can be somewhat crude at times, but I also found it quite funny (though some episodes are funnier than others).  In my opinion, episode 8 is the best.

The animation is fairly decent for this type of series.

The background music and opening and ending themes are okay.  They aren't anything amazing, but they aren't terrible either.

The characters don't really get any development, but that's to be expected since the episodes are short.  Still, the characters do provide plenty of random, crazy antics and can be quite amusing (though some are more likable than others).

Overall

If you are looking something with a deep thought provoking plot and/or well developed characters, this is NOT the show for you.  However, if you are looking for a short comedic show with lots of random craziness, then you may find some enjoyment from this series.

6.5/10 sound
6.5/10 characters
tjakayuki's avatar By on Jun 7, 2016

While it's not a perfect anime, It's kind of unfair to rate and review an anime for something that it explicitly does not have. In this case, it's a plot. This a short episode anime for crying out loud! You expect a well-written story out of it? Yes. I am calling out the reviews for this anime and as well as other Skit comedy animes.

This is a comedy anime. SNL doesn't have a plot, does it? Skit comedy. That's what this anime is. So? How do we review and rate a comedy anime? By weighing out the comedy! Rate and review its skit, its punchlines! Not the Plot! Why? because it doesn't have one.

"But, It doesn't make sense." Of course it doesn't! This is Japanese humor. But unfortunately, one cannot say about the objectivity of reviewing comedy animes. Everyone has their own pet peeves when it comes to humor.

Let's be quick about reviewing it. It's hella funny. It's worth 27 minutes of my time more so than other popular animes out there. This anime is age-appropriated. It's target audiences lie more upon 20 year olds and above. One of the reasons why the skits are hits and miss is also related to the targeted audiences. Remember, this was written and made for a Japanese Male Audience aged 20 and above. It wasn't specifically made to please Naruto, Bleach or One Piece fans or those looking for related animes of such. Raunchy, naughty, innuendos and random jokes abound. Read: SEINEN

Music, again, since this anime is age-appropriated to Seinen audiences there are music clips that are bound to go unnoticed by a younger crowd. "All day and All of the Night" by the Kinks can be heard as background music which is a nod to my liking. The short anime's music is well, short and unsold aside from that nod I have mentioned earlier there's nothing else to it since the opening and ending songs are opposite the anime, it's bland.

Characters: Funny, inappropriate and random. Those are the three major characteristics of the characters here. I need not delve further, since all you need to know are the three major ones, Makimaki is a "normal" girl? Idk. Don't fit the crazy mold and doesn't fit the normal either...

Nee-san is illogical, childish and for the most part, inappropriate. She brings the silly in this show and Okappa is the straight, utterly raging angry opposite to her. Okappa can go from Nice to Tokyo Ghoul in a blink of an eye. 0-100 real quick.

Overall, this COMEDY anime is hella funny. There is nothing to sell short here, its funny, inappropriate and complete random (i.e. Walking around Akihabara) It goes straight to point, it never diverges anywhere: "Oh you want funny?" "Well here's funny and shove it in yo mouth."

lianathebox's avatar By on May 25, 2016

Plastic Nee-San is not an anime to be taken seriously. That doesn't mean it's not enjoyable, but you shouldn't walk into this anime thinking that. +tic is a comedy anime consisting of a series of shorts. The plot..well there really isn't one. It's just few high school girls in different situations. Although plot isn't really something you should look for in an anime like this, it's the comedy. And to me, it works. Sure, the comedy was crude at times but I think overall the jokes were pretty funny. If you're bored and looking for a short, funny anime to pass the time, watch Plastic Nee-San.

hamletsmage's avatar By on Mar 3, 2016

When I saw the synopsis, I thought, awesome, a short little anime about girls building models and getting into other antics. I was really into that because I grew up around models, mostly warships. I felt betrayal when the model aspect of the anime was flung out the window in the first... 30 seconds. Literally, shoved off the table. So, if you were hoping for a bunch of model ships/trains/buildings/whatever, just... stay away.

Story: Each episode has a different, small plot, and most of them don't really go anywhere. My English teacher told me once that random didn't really exist, but I don't think he had ever watched this anime.

Animation: Crazy? Outlandish... the mother of memes. Particularly... this one....

Sound: It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the best either. The voice actors were actually decent, despite the crazy plot (or lack thereof). I'm just wondering how often the voice recording studio had to take a break from dying of laughter. Also, I loved the butt-bells in the last episode.

Characters: So, there are 3 main characters, and I don't know much about them other than they wear models on their head, like boys, and play tennis sometimes. But the character designs were really interesting for some of the auxillary cast. Like the Beautiful Girl.

Overall: I'm not entirely sure what I watched, but I'm sure if you like short plots, cute girls, and slapstick comedy, you'll like this anime.