Peach Girl

liveandlove15's avatar By liveandlove15 on Aug 17, 2014

Okay, so I watched the whole anime through to the end. I must say that I am disappointed. I wanted so much for a happy ending. But there wasn't one. My feeling were ready to explode into a huge moment of complete happiness and satisfaction. But I could have been more disappointed.

Momo had her head on, better than most 16yr olds. But the amount of drama she went through was almost unbearable! Sae was a sick twisted girl and I honestly felt like her powerful charater controled the show. Touji was an naive guy. He handled everything poorly. Kairi was a playboy who distpite his lifestyle could have been such a great charater.

Touji could have told Momo what was going on, and they could have worked through everything together. But did they do that? NO! He let her suffer. Even through he loved her enough to protect her, he didn't know how to take care of her.

Kairi had isssues all by himself, but he gave all that he had into caring for Momo. He had conflicting feeling about Momo and his other love interest, but once those were resloved he understood where his heart would always be.

Now, there is Momo. I loved her for her ablity to reason things out. But just like all the other characters in the show NO ONE bothered to figure out where the problem was. Where there was a misconception or misunderstanding about anything.

If there was a lesson to be learned, it was this: There are two sides to every story. Don't just to a conclusion. Be patient and wait for answers.

Momo should have taken a step back from all the problems in her life and evaluated what she was going to do about them. She had that ablity to reason and the creators didn''t put it to use. So when the time can where she was given the biggest ultimatum she should have thought it through.

I'm disappotined that her charater was so pathetic in the end. Choosing who you're going to be with is no easy choice but you definatly don't just pick like she did.  I suppose that was the ultimate let down in the show.

ames's avatar By ames on Dec 18, 2009

After watching the whole series of Peach Girl last night, I have to say I am disappointed.  In fact I would relate this story to a train wreck happening in slow motion and even though its horrible, you can't look away. What I mean to say is I didn't enjoy the story but I had to finish it to see what happens in the end.

First off, I understand that the whole appeal is the Momo-chan is supposed to be different and stand out by being tan.. but I honestly couldn't relate to her character like that.  Second, this whole love triangle really confuses me.  I don't like how you can say you love someone and then switch to someone else so quickly.  My interpretation of it was saying, its okay to cheat because the other person will eventually forgive you.. - so I was a bit perturbed, and honestly I hated Sae with a vengeful passion.  Who could even imagine such a horrible character?

Overall I would watch it if your desperate for an anime to watch like I was.. but on my scale it gets a 4.

Peachie's avatar By Peachie on Mar 6, 2010

Story: Momo Adachi is despised by everyone in her class for being the school slut and general bitch of her peers. The only problem is that everything they say about her is false. Poor Momo is being stereotyped because of her tan skin and bleached hair . Because of her sensitive skin and previous role as a middle school swim champ, Momo is often confused for a ganguro girl and everyone sees her as a bimbo without getting to know her. Not only that, but Momo’s only friend is the backstabbing whore who gave Momo such an undeserved reputation. And now she’s set her sights on Momo’s long time crush, Toji, with the intention of causing our heroine more heartache. 7/10

I’m just gonna put this out there now: If you hate wall banging drama, chick flicks/stories, petty high school problems, and/or any sub genres’ that pertain to that, run far away and never return. That’s not to say I didn’t like the story, I did, it just takes a certain amount of patience and at times restraint to not want to hurl something at your television every other episode. The story in itself is pretty simple; it’s about a disliked high school girl, her first love, and her “best friend” trying to sabotage their relationship. Not exactly deep, but entertaining at times. The story is exactly what it say’s it is: High School Drama. They act like it’s the end of the world every damn day, that's not an exaggeration.

Animation: I’ll be honest, I’m no animation expert, and sometimes after reading a professional review I don’t even know what the hell their talking about. I’m just your humble fan sitting on her couch who doesn’t always notice if the animation is choppy or not. I’ll do my best with my laughable capabilities. It’s a bit colorful and bright. And that’s all I have to say about that. Seriously, it’s pretty standard stuff, nothing outrageously gorgeous but not bad. Average overall.5/10

Sound: I watched the dub and the VA’s were pretty good actually. A certain voice stays a little monotonous at times but most of the actors had the timing and tone down. When they’re happy, their voices say so, and when they’re heartbreakingly, depressingly sad (which is often), if reflects in their voices. Now that’s all good, but the music is a different story.  I’m not gonna pretend like I can break down the music and tell exactly what’s wrong, cause I can’t. I can only say that it’s bland, repetitive, and forgettable. I will say this, as much as it pains me to admit, I did find myself tapping my toe to the opening after seven or so episodes which is really embarrassing if you’ve heard just how bad it is.6/10

Characters: There’s only four main character’s: Main girl character everyone thinks is a whore but isn’t, the boy she love’s, her backstabbing best friend, and the guy she can’t stand at first but then starts to like thus opening the door to a love triangle. A big problem with the story is lack of character development. Except for one of them, by the end of the series you’ll look at who they are and who they were and realize there is little to no difference. Another problem is the poor motive behind many of their behaviors. For example: we have a character later introduced who is so cruel and calculating that he pretty much orchestrates an attempted rape of a high school girl, but there’s not much reason. We never get into the reason behind the characters we don’t understand them all the time. They don’t learn from their mistakes which is why you’ll bang your head against that wall for an hour. You've been warned, they’re not incredibly deep. 6/10

Overall: I’d say fans of Drama, (no I’m mean you live on drama) will like it. Romance fans may like it as well especially if you love love triangles with back and forth decision making on who to choose and angsty stuff like that, but watch it if you like the more realistic romances of shows such as Nana or Paradise Kiss, this stuff is a little more over the top, you may in fact see the troubles in these relationships as trivial  comparatively. Others who should avoid: the obvious action/adventure fan, people who dislike drama or sadness in their stories, etc. The entire series is nothing but petty drama about not judging people and trusting the one you love. The best advice if you’re still not sure is to watch the first episode or two and if you like the flow of that you’ll love the rest. If not, it doesn’t get any better. 6/10

nasreen10's avatar By nasreen10 on Jan 28, 2010

Story: I am ashamed to say that I watched all of this anime. It was addicting but not good. Senseless fluff with pointless drama. The areas that were probably supposed to be funny or serious fell flat. The only reason it's as high as it is because I found myself unable to stop. Maybe I was incredible bored and even Peach Girl was able to hold my interest or maybe the anime is secretly laced with cocaine, I'm not sure. Definitely not impressed. However, if you like typical shojo ("annoying stupid girl finds stellar boy who loves her"), you might like this.

Animation: Decent for an anime at for it's time period. Characters weren't very visually appealing but not awful. The background and costumes were generic. I'm not much of a fan of the animation but it wasn't memorable and, quite frankly, just plain. The opening for some reason really annoyed me. It made Momo look both stupid and sluttly which she is both but that's not the first impression I should be able to make by the opening alone.

Sound: Like the animation, it was decent but forgettable. I only liked two songs, one that played at some of Kiley's moments and the ending. Not much to say for the rest of it.

Characters: Oh goodness, some hella annoying characters. It's not that the characters are flawed but it's that their personalities are screwed to the point of self mutilation. Momo must of been dropped on the head as a child because some her thought processes make such little sense. Toji and Kirey's development make them less likable. Sae is obviously supposed to be hated but even the attempt to make her likable was ineffective. The characters were far from likable and I ended up not caring what happened to them.

Overall: Only if you were really bored with nothing to watch, I might, on an off day, recommend this to you. It was addicting for some reason and I'm embarassed to say so.  Actually, if you wanted some drama and romance, you might like this as well. However, prepare to be throughly annoyed by these characters.

6.5/10 animation
4.5/10 overall
anammmshahhh's avatar By anammmshahhh on Aug 2, 2014

Warning: Review contains spoilers and alotta explicit language.

Okay guys, this my first review. The only reason I'm doing this review is because of how awful this anime is and I really need to get it out. Maybe it's just me who feels this way, but anyway let's get started.

Peach Girl is about a high school girl named Momo Adachi who is insecure about herself because she has tanned skin. Usually this isn't a big deal, but first remember that they're in Japan and everyone over there is hella pale. The main reason she doesn't like her skin is because she believes the dumbass guy she likes, Kazuya Toujigarmori, doesn't like girls with skin darker than his. Then there's the dumbass guy #2, Kairi Okayasu, who's in love with Momo because she saved him when he was drowing at the beach a couple years. So basically they have this imbecilic love triangle that turns out to be a piece of crap. There's also Momo's bestfriend, Sae Kashiwagi, who is a total evil bitch that tries to make Momo's life a living hell because she's jealous of her. There are a couple of other shitty characters and some basic ridiculous misunderstanings and conflicts. And then some more shit

So this anime is complete shit. It's shittier than shit. Like who the hell has the ability to make so much shit in one anime. I don't really mind misunderstangs in an anime, but when there are enough to last a lifetime in the first 5 episodes because of the same bitchy ass skank, that's when anime becomes shit. Don't get me wrong, some seconds of this anime wasn't all too bad, but damn this anime was a soap opera. There was so much twisted drama shit that the whole time in your head you just like "Who the hell has the ability to make this shit?". What makes me mad the most about this anime is that the characters don't learn from their fucking mistakes. Like are they complete dumbasses. Oh and about the misunderstanding, they all could've been cleared up with like 5 words for an explanation. By the way, I tried giving the anime negative scores, but it wouldn't let me. You bitches

I'm sorry, but this anime is shitty. Maybe if you can bear with a crappy love triangle that has idiotic characters and useless drama shit, then I recommend this anime for you.

I can't believe I watch the this lame shit till the end. More than 9 hours of my life wasted. Let me save you that time, she ends up with dumbass number 2, Kairi. You're welcome.

Peace out bitches.