Peach Girl

Add review
liveandlove15's avatar
Aug 17, 2014

Okay, so I watched the whole anime through to the end. I must say that I am disappointed. I wanted so much for a happy ending. But there wasn't one. My feeling were ready to explode into a huge moment of complete happiness and satisfaction. But I could have been more disappointed.

Momo had her head on, better than most 16yr olds. But the amount of drama she went through was almost unbearable! Sae was a sick twisted girl and I honestly felt like her powerful charater controled the show. Touji was an naive guy. He handled everything poorly. Kairi was a playboy who distpite his lifestyle could have been such a great charater.

Touji could have told Momo what was going on, and they could have worked through everything together. But did they do that? NO! He let her suffer. Even through he loved her enough to protect her, he didn't know how to take care of her.

Kairi had isssues all by himself, but he gave all that he had into caring for Momo. He had conflicting feeling about Momo and his other love interest, but once those were resloved he understood where his heart would always be.

Now, there is Momo. I loved her for her ablity to reason things out. But just like all the other characters in the show NO ONE bothered to figure out where the problem was. Where there was a misconception or misunderstanding about anything.

If there was a lesson to be learned, it was this: There are two sides to every story. Don't just to a conclusion. Be patient and wait for answers.

Momo should have taken a step back from all the problems in her life and evaluated what she was going to do about them. She had that ablity to reason and the creators didn''t put it to use. So when the time can where she was given the biggest ultimatum she should have thought it through.

I'm disappotined that her charater was so pathetic in the end. Choosing who you're going to be with is no easy choice but you definatly don't just pick like she did.  I suppose that was the ultimate let down in the show.

xenokitten's avatar
Apr 22, 2015

This is my favorite anime of all time (and I've watched over 220 completed series at time of this review's writing) The reason why I love this anime so much is due to the character development and progression throughout the series. The characters are so well written and their dynamics are so intriguing. They make you feel very passionately, either strong like, or dislike, for each character.

This show has a lot of mature themes such as suicide, rape, depression, bullying, etc. This really sets it apart from any other shoujo I've ever watched. The characters feel more alive and real because of their flaws.

I also love how every single episode ends on a huge cliff-hanger. It keeps you watching more and more. AND it keeps you guessing. It's not until the VERY final episode when Momo FINALLY decides which of the two men she really loves/wants to be with. Throughout the whole series she is pingponging back and forth between them, and the way in which she decides at the end is so dramatic and heart-racing.

Kyrie is pretty much one of the best anime characters I've EVER seen. He loves Momo so much that he sacrifices his OWN feelings (and happiness) to do anything to make her happy. He tries to help her repair her relationship with Touji time and time again, and helps her try to clear her reputation at school.

But Momo is conflicted because Touji was her first love, and they've been through so much together.

And meanwhile, Sae is pretty much the "worst" character ever (although that is the intention here), I've never felt such feelings of RAGE towards a fictional character before or again in any other anime. She just feels SO REAL. I know so many women, superficial, like this, nice to your face, then backstab you EVERY chance they get.

I could relate to almost every single character and circumstance in this show! It touches me deeply and the tension/drama and NOT KNOWING who she will pick ultimately, really keeps the show interesting from complete start to end.

It's a story about young/first love, friendship, and "coming of age". A story very real and relateable for many women in this world who have experienced love, bullying, pain, hurt, and eventually have grown through all of it, to be incredible strong indeprendent women. I love this story and the characters.

10/10 for story and 10/10 for characters.

Animation is old. I know most people on this site don't like older series. And I'll admit the character designs look weird too, 5/10 Animation

Sound, was just alright, both in terms of music and voice acting, nothing too remarkable, 5/10 here.

10/10 overall for having such a dramatic intense and moving story with such a delightful (or hateful) cast of characters.

ames's avatar
Dec 18, 2009

After watching the whole series of Peach Girl last night, I have to say I am disappointed.  In fact I would relate this story to a train wreck happening in slow motion and even though its horrible, you can't look away. What I mean to say is I didn't enjoy the story but I had to finish it to see what happens in the end.

First off, I understand that the whole appeal is the Momo-chan is supposed to be different and stand out by being tan.. but I honestly couldn't relate to her character like that.  Second, this whole love triangle really confuses me.  I don't like how you can say you love someone and then switch to someone else so quickly.  My interpretation of it was saying, its okay to cheat because the other person will eventually forgive you.. - so I was a bit perturbed, and honestly I hated Sae with a vengeful passion.  Who could even imagine such a horrible character?

Overall I would watch it if your desperate for an anime to watch like I was.. but on my scale it gets a 4.

michikopico's avatar
Feb 4, 2015

This anime was really good to me. At first I judged it because of the animation and how the art looked but then I gave it a shot. I don't regret it at all. I really don't care much for endings as long as there is alot of good conflicts and tension going around with the characters. It was a rollercoaster of emotion for me. If you're someone who likes drama then I recommend this.

Flint879's avatar
Mar 27, 2013

Every once in a while, I'll take a break from my usual kind of anime and watch something different to break up the monotony. One of my girlfriends recommended Peach Girl to me as she likes to watch this kind of anime. What was not said was how much of a train wreck this whole thing turned into.

The story is: Momo Adachi is known as the school slut due to her tanned skin and bleached hair from being on the swim team. Momo likes Touji, a baseball player and all around popular guy. Kairi, a pervert/ladies' man, has his eyes on Momo. Sae, Momo's best friend, tries to steal everything from Momo, including Touji, to basically ruin her life and leave her with nothing. Now Momo is stuck with 2 guys and a decision to make.

I don't mind the story too much. There really is only so much you can expect with the subject of a love triangle. At first the story is not bad at all. A little cliche, but otherwise not bad to watch. Later on in the series, however, starts to fall apart. Most of it really has to do with the characters more than the story that's being told. The story throws in some strange things, but it works with the overall theme. Like I said, there is only so much you can expect out of high school drama and love trianlges.

The animation is very...bland is a decent word to describe it. There really isn't much going on here. Sure the opening and ending credit visuals are very colorful and flashy, but it doesn't support the animated tone of the actual episodes themselves. The animation wasn't very impressive. Plus in the opening credits, they portray Momo as a slut going between Touji and Kairi, when in reality, she is way far from being that. False hope/advertising.

The music is not very memorable. The voice overs sound atrocious and don't really add much to redeem the characters for whatever blandness they already don't have. Momo's voice in particular is nerve shattering. If you can survive the first couple episodes listening to her annoying voice including her thoughts, which are very one direction, then you are a champion of the ages.

The characters...where to start...let's start with Sae shall we? I have never hated a character so much in my life before I saw Sae. She is very unrelenting and cunniving in every shape, way, and form. It's really sad when you feel an actual hatred and rage building inside you for someone who only exists in a cartoon. But to be fair, out of the 4 main characters, Sae is the only one that shows even the slightest development. Kairi is a typical prevert and your typical ladies' man who is very outgoing with a sensitive side to him that shows nothing more than a boy who has problems and hides it by acting crazy. Touji is just a plain bore. No real emotion in either tone or movement. He is very stiff and frankly isn't that interesting as a character.

Now we come to Momo. What a disaster of a character! Even though she is the main character we follow around the whole anime, you will get sick of her within the first 5 episodes. At first she just seems like she wants to be with the one she loves, then it turns and she starts having second thoughts about it, and now she can't make up her mind. All her personality consists of is thinking about whether she should be with Touji or Kairi AND thinking about how in love she is with whoever she is with, then turns around and has doubts about her decision. (Women). Her talking isn't much different from her thoughts. I kind of feel bad for Touji and Kairi because they get jerked around A LOT in this show. I would've just said screw it, I don't want you anymore.

Overall this whole thing called Peach Girl was a train wreck. The whole anime thrives on keeping you in suspense to watch the next episode through using the absolute crap out of "wrong place, wrong time" moments. Whether it be a conversation Momo started listening in at the wrong time or if she saw something that was taken way out of context with no prior information to go on and just makes her own assumptions and it keeps the wheel of drama turning. Peach Girl isn't really the best love triangle drama to watch. It's more suited for a newbie to anime instead of a seasoned anime watcher.