Naruto Shippuden

IGUGh0s7's avatar By on Aug 6, 2015

I agree with most of the reviews stating way to may fillers and that they are poorly placed I do recomends skipping most of them but if you skip them all you will miss out on some good back story

Virdelet's avatar By on Sep 28, 2013

Recommended for:

If you can oversee stupid dialoge, if you like shounen

Not recommended for:

A lot of people

The good:

Good characters, good soundtrack,

The Bad: (This does not apply to the first 75 episodes, I remember them being good. I also have a bad memory xP)

1-With each episode your idea of these "Good characters" is butchered

2-Bad soundtrack directing (The use of no soundtrack or 'fearsome music' in an exciting fight or something like this)

3-Endless flashblacks makes you feel amnesia patients are watching the show

4-weakening or strengthening characters when convenient to the writer

5-Ending fights in an anti climactic way

6-very slow pacing

8-when Naruto says the word 'friendship' its like he magically snaps the villian out of his evil coma

9-Horrible "twists"

10-Bad physics and movement (for example: Characters can dash from point A to B in 1 second but in a fight its like they are a 100 times slower)

11-Unrealistic emotions (forgiving someone for a silly reason or attempting to help a seriel killer)

12-Quality of artwork decreases in fillers and battles

13-Overuse of characters (for example Naruto's Dattebayo or Kakashi arriving at the perfrect time and acting calm)

14-Naruto is one of the most annoying characters ever made

15-loads of talking and explanation of crystal clear events

16- You can easily tell the failed attempts to attack in fights

17-Horrible world (Adding and removal of tech when needed and so on)

18-Epidemic Orphans

19-Characters are easily amazed by anything

20-common sense doesn't apply

21-They can't mention a character without bringing him back anyways possible (Filler, Zombie, alive, plot twist) no character will rest in peace.

3.5/10 characters
3.5/10 overall
Hellzblade's avatar By on May 24, 2012

This show has far surpassed my expectations of the first series.The storyline is so informative and powerful there's nothing you won't understand if you watch every episode accordingly.I love that all the characters have grown and the action is even more defined and EPIC!This has made DBZ look terrible in comparison.The story can make you laugh,cry,get angry at the bad guys and more.The one thing I do dislike is that they reshow the same parts over and over again in flashbacks but since they do add other sides to the story we already know it makes up for it.If you're  a anime junky that is only satisfied by great action and a strong storyline look no further here it is!To new watchers you have to watch the first series before you move on to Shippuden at least to the Naruto vs. Sasuke epic fight.-Hellzblade

Darkkitty's avatar By on Sep 22, 2015

I just stopped watching it because of poorly made fillers. They shuould had ended the anime in glory rather than destroying it with fillers. Great potential ruined. Very sad.

SwagmanSedman's avatar By on Sep 8, 2015

First of all it has too many fillers, some are quite good eg: I could watch through Gurens filler but some are just awful ._. Placed in awkward positions and stuff. That being said however some arcs are just insane, the pain arc remains my favorite ever TV show arc of all time, it was just so cool and the fight between Naruto and Pain is so damn cool. It starts off quite strong with the reintroduction of many characters and introductions of new ones. I enjoyed watching the Akatsuki hunt the tailed beasts more than most other arcs too tbh. It does start to drop a bit though, after Pain is gone the story doesn't hold up as well. The 4th Shinobi war is good but it could have been improved, and lets not forget Kabuto has to revive every decent fucking ninja to fight.. That shouldn't of happened. The final fight between Madara & Naruto dragged but it had some awesome moments eg: when Guy opened the eight gates and used Night Guy. A problem I do have is the amount of flashbacks.. I mean seriously I ended up skipping quite a lot.. Fix pls. I'd give it a 7.5, it lost 2.5 due to the lack of 'amazing' story after Pain and the insane amount of shitty filler.

The animation is good however it becomes a little more sloppy during fight scenes. Also the fight scenes seem to be rather slow sometimes with their animation. I appreciate they need to last some time but they could have at least upped the quality of animation for them. I'd give the animation a 7 too, losing 3 due to the drop of animation quality during fights and sometimes even filler (not a big shame but some filler is ok).

The soundtrack is awesome, I love Pains 'Girei' and Itachis soundtrack rips the feels out of me. The audio is placed nicely and I don't mind the repeat of songs, I do admit some fights end without some decent music to finish them but ultimately that's not a huge problem. There are moments when a fight could do with even more action but that's about it for sound complaints. Overall i'd say an 8.5 is fine, losing the 1.5 due to anti climatic fight endings and a slight lack of action music.

The best part of Naruto is the characters tbh. Sure you have the occasional dicks like Sasuke and Orochimaru but at the end of the day most of them are badass. I love characters like Nagato & Kakashi who have a nice story and a cool personality while others like Itachi and Sasori just rip the feels into me and that is also a plus tbh. The back stories on some of these characters is mind blowing, Itachis made me cry. They have many funny ones too like Obito as Tobi, Hidan & Jiraiya, they even made Sai funny through being socially awkward which is somewhat relateable. The only complaint I have is some of the main characters. Like everyone I hated Sakura in Part 1, I thought she improved in Part 2 but at the end of the day her power still can't compare to Sasuke or Naruto. Coming onto them, Sasuke is a dick. Itachi was so awesome and Sasuke ruined all of that by being a douche, he's a strong douche but still a douche. Naruto is cool and I like him but he can be annoying, the overuse of 'Dattebyo' will always confuse me. PS: for clarification I dislike characters like 'Danzo' the most but his dick-ishness (is that a word?) is required for the story to progress for some characters so he's acceptable. Overall and 9.5 is good enough, the 0.5 drop is mainly due to Sasuke lul.

Decent anime that I would suggest watching if you have the time, my only advice would be to skip the filler as it mostly sucks balls. Prepare yourself for sad moments too.

7.5/10 story