Naruto Shippuden

Virdelet's avatar By Virdelet on Sep 28, 2013

Recommended for:

If you can oversee stupid dialoge, if you like shounen

Not recommended for:

A lot of people

The good:

Good characters, good soundtrack,

The Bad: (This does not apply to the first 75 episodes, I remember them being good. I also have a bad memory xP)

1-With each episode your idea of these "Good characters" is butchered

2-Bad soundtrack directing (The use of no soundtrack or 'fearsome music' in an exciting fight or something like this)

3-Endless flashblacks makes you feel amnesia patients are watching the show

4-weakening or strengthening characters when convenient to the writer

5-Ending fights in an anti climactic way

6-very slow pacing

7-fillers

8-when Naruto says the word 'friendship' its like he magically snaps the villian out of his evil coma

9-Horrible "twists"

10-Bad physics and movement (for example: Characters can dash from point A to B in 1 second but in a fight its like they are a 100 times slower)

11-Unrealistic emotions (forgiving someone for a silly reason or attempting to help a seriel killer)

12-Quality of artwork decreases in fillers and battles

13-Overuse of characters (for example Naruto's Dattebayo or Kakashi arriving at the perfrect time and acting calm)

14-Naruto is one of the most annoying characters ever made

15-loads of talking and explanation of crystal clear events

16- You can easily tell the failed attempts to attack in fights

17-Horrible world (Adding and removal of tech when needed and so on)

18-Epidemic Orphans

19-Characters are easily amazed by anything

20-common sense doesn't apply

21-They can't mention a character without bringing him back anyways possible (Filler, Zombie, alive, plot twist) no character will rest in peace.

3.5/10 characters
3.5/10 overall
Hellzblade's avatar By Hellzblade on May 24, 2012

This show has far surpassed my expectations of the first series.The storyline is so informative and powerful there's nothing you won't understand if you watch every episode accordingly.I love that all the characters have grown and the action is even more defined and EPIC!This has made DBZ look terrible in comparison.The story can make you laugh,cry,get angry at the bad guys and more.The one thing I do dislike is that they reshow the same parts over and over again in flashbacks but since they do add other sides to the story we already know it makes up for it.If you're  a anime junky that is only satisfied by great action and a strong storyline look no further here it is!To new watchers you have to watch the first series before you move on to Shippuden at least to the Naruto vs. Sasuke epic fight.-Hellzblade

4EvaAl0nE's avatar By 4EvaAl0nE on Aug 9, 2012

if your new to the anime world, you should watch this. Similar animes like fairy tale and bleach are also things to watch, as they follow a similar style. Good for people who haven't seen much anime.

noname0302's avatar By noname0302 on Aug 6, 2014

The proof that mistakes can be corrected. The original series was very flawed in many aspects and appartently they knew this.

I would manily focus on all the aspects of Shippuden that leave the first series in the dust.

1. It matured a lot. They realised that Naruto was too childish so they made a more or less adult version. Naruto is way smarter(still stupid enough), Sakura is less annying. Same goes for everyone.

2. The fillers. Instead of unwatchable and usuless fillers we usually get background stories which are actually pretty inmteresting.

So compared to the frst series, the characters get 8/10 and the story gets 6.5/10, while the animation stays at 9/10.

The main problem that appears compared to the old one is the fight scenes. The main heros and villains are just incredibly overpowered. Naruto went from a brat to a monster who can destroy an entire village with one attack, while the 10-tails can probably do the same to a nation with 1 attack. This makes the fight scenes really slow. Everyone is too strong, so they barely do anything. The other problem is that we get the flashbacks in the middle of a fight, so between 2 small fight-scenes we can get up to 10 episodes of fillers, which are not bad, but sometimes I feel that they forgot about the main plot completely.

NS is a huge improvement and even if someone didnt like the Naruto series, I urge you to at least give it a try, because the main problems were indeed corrected.

Overall 6.5/10

6.5/10 story
llVIU's avatar By llVIU on Oct 18, 2012

It's a lot better to watch the original "Naruto" series first, otherwise it will be a bit confusing and hard to understand, but not impossible. All the overly detailed analysises and flashbacks make sure to make even the dumbest viewer understand what's going on.

But really, it's better to see a review of Naruto (anime) first, otherwise...

it gets a lot better, more logic put into fights and characters, tho the main characters get a lot more overpowered and imbalanced, at least some of them die (well... rarely)

Still has flashbacks and fillers, still the overly dramatic moments that drag things on, still focused on the main character Naruto that no one really cares about, at least the story is somewhat on a good pace... almost.

I  think the more episodes you watch, the better it gets, story is still consistent, with new interesting characters that are constantly appearing... even the animation gets an improvement.

Do note, the story is long, and it might be better to just read the manga (would spare you a lot of time by skipping needless flashbacks and fillers).