Naruto Shippuden

Berzerkninja's avatar By Berzerkninja on Oct 25, 2009

I didn't find Naruto that apealing but once it switched over to naruto shippuden i started following it alot more.  The characters from Naruto are all back and they are now older.  They also now have new sets of skills and the battles become more intese.  The storys now start to develop the world around them and is no longer just about Konoha.

ames's avatar By ames on Dec 13, 2009

In this season it gets wayy more exciting and I like how the characters are growing up and developing stronger powers.  I can't wait for it to be finished, but the story really draws you in and makes you want to watch more.

fosmic's avatar By fosmic on Oct 29, 2009

naruto shippuuden is a resonably good anime for its story and deep relationships throughout the story it starts with naruto in turmoil because his best friend has betrayed him and sided with the man that attacked his villege and naruto will stop at nothing to get his friend back even if it means his life

the story is intresting but takes too long to get the story across so if you like wading through hours of story which could take just one episode but instead four then you would like the naruto sagas but they are well worth it in the end

animation: the reason its a seven is because at times it seems to get lazy and rushed

story:filled with a sort of brotherhood between the two main charecters

this is definatly worth a good wait to get through the story

7.5/10 sound
SwordsManIV's avatar By SwordsManIV on Jan 8, 2010

As one of the very few manga addicts that owns all the latest Naruto books, I say that this anime season is actually better than the first naruto series. The stroy changed from revolving around team seven and is spreading through the entire ninja world. The characters are a lot better drawn and thier voices changed from the annoying childish voices to more mature along with thier phisical apperances. In conclusion, the anime got a lot deeper and has improved quite drastically.

9.7/10 story
8.9/10 animation
8.7/10 sound
8.8/10 characters
robotlc's avatar By robotlc on Jul 21, 2014

Wowie, this is long. Not sure why I wrote this, but I did. I hope this is helpful for someone, you know if anyone takes the time to read this, haha.

Let me be real here by saying that Naruto isn't for every anime fan, but then again neither is any anime. There will never truely be an anime that all who consider themselves anime fans will really enjoy. Moving on though, in my personal opinion, Naruto is a pretty good anime. Naruto is known quite well because of its large mainstream success, and is truely a story that many people young and old have the potential to enjoy. Many people don't pick up Naruto generally because of its length, i mean 220 episodes in the original series and over 368+ in Shippuden? For many it seems like a daunting task, but for others, it's worth it. I've grown up with Naruto, and I can say now that the Naruto series is still one of my favourites.

Story (8.5) - Anime is generally a hugely story oriented medium, and this is no exception when it comes to Naruto. Naruto Shippuden really improves on storyline, instead of focusing solely on team 7 and people they know well, Shippuden begins to expand the ninja world even further. Shippuden is very engaging and generally fun to watch, it has a good flow to it, with exciting battle sequences and emotional moments between characters. Flashbacks allow you to learn more about main and secondary characters, such as the reasons for their actions and why they are who they are. Shippuden has the ability to have you crying in one part of the episode and laughing at another. What ruins the experiance for some though is filler episodes, and even excessive flashbacks. Because Naruto is still an ongoing manga series, the studio doesn't want the show to catch up to where the manga is, considering that the show is very popular. Fillers and the extending of regular storylines are used to extend the shows length, and yes most filler episodes are boring and somewhat badily writen. Though if you don't feel like commiting yourself to fillers, these plots can be easily searched up and read on wikipedia, or just skipped entirely.

Animation (7.5) - Shippuden has some pretty good moments when it comes to animation. The show is very fluid, battle scenes are somewhat especially beautiful. Though sometimes I doubt the animation team especially in the instance of one of my favourite episodes, episode 167. Oh god that was questionable, but hilarious all the same...

Sound (8.5) - Sound effects in Shippuden work perfectly, and I truely enjoy many of the songs on Naruto Shippuden's official soundtrack. After watching Naruto and hearing it's soundtrack I was totally blown away by how Naruto Shippuden had improved.

Characters (8) - Many characters in Shippuden are well written, and it's somewhat hard to choose who to root for when you enjoy both the good guys and the villians. It's really hard to pick a favourite character, i mean really hard, given that there are so many characters to choose from. If you're looking for an anime with cool female characters, Shippuden really improves on what is seen in Naruto. Not so useful ladies from Naruto grow like they should and totally kick ass, Sakura isn't so useless afterall. A lot of the characters are relatable and loveable, or even totally hateable. Backstories for important secondary characters are elaborated on, which is usually nice. Generally its hard to watch this show without becoming really attached to at least one character, if you haven't already while watching Naruto.

FINAL (8.1) - Naruto Shippuden is super enjoyable, and generally once you start watching, it's hard to stop. Try watching the original series beforehand, and if that's too much for you just skip the filler episodes or read the manga. The Naruto manga has over 700 chapters, is ongoing, and contains no filler like the series. Good luck! And if you do try to take on the challenge of watching or reading this series, I hope you enjoy it!

(I realized I didn't really elaborate on what the story is about, but you can always look up a summary or something, sorry..)

8.5/10 story