Narutimate Hero 3 OVA

Alt titles: Naruto OVA 3

DuskFey's avatar By DuskFey on May 18, 2010

Anime in 200 Words: Narutimate Hero 3 OVA

Premise: A free-for-all tournament is held in the Hidden Leaf Village. Any ninja may challenge any other regardless of skill level. Genin against jonin, ANBU against Chunin- it’s all fair game.

Audience: People who watched Naruto, though they don’t need to be further than the Chunin Exams in order to know everyone.

Perks: There are definitely some entertaining battles in this OVA- Neji and Sasuke’s battles are my favorites, but they aren’t pursued to their full potential due to time limits. Still, as Naruto OVAs go, this is one of the better ones.

Story: There isn’t really one; this is an excuse to have new battles. Don’t expect more than a skeleton plot here.

Problems: This OVA also has a substantial amount of Naruto’s near misses and their comedic effect. If you enjoy laughing at his expense, great, but if you get tired of seeing the same gag repeated excessively, you’re likely to get annoyed.

Overall: This is a pretty good Naruto OVA, but that’s not saying much. There was enough potential here for this to have been several episodes, because they did a good job at matching shinobi for these battles.

5.5/10 overall
CaseyJewels's avatar By CaseyJewels on Feb 8, 2014

This short, from my understanding, comes with one of the Naruto video games. As a short, it isn't the greatest, but as bonus content on a video game, it's kind of cool. It helps set up the situation behind the game.

However, because of this short being set up for a game, it doesn't come to a real conclusion. I kind of want to play the game, just so I can get a real conclusion, but I don't have the time or money to get a new video game at the moment. So, I guess in that sense, the short does well in making you want to play the game.

The animation was on par with the rest of the series, as was the music, and it was fun seeing a lot of clashes between various ninjas. I'm not sure how much I believe an event like this would actually happen, but it was a nice explanation for a fighting game.

I guess what I'm really saying was that this OVA wasn't the greatest when it comes to story, but it holds up a little better than it normally would because of the game its attached to.