Murder Princess

TeeDeeDubYa's avatar By on Jun 29, 2015

Watch this anime at your own risk ;). This has spoilers in it because this anime IS NOT WORTH WATCHING.

I didn't actually check anime planet before watching this. I was in the mood for an ecchi or some boobs so I clicked on this turd. News flash.. This isn't an ecchi.... ;~~~;

--- Story

Somehow, there is a story in this although I think the writers need to go back and read a few manga or watch some other anime to properly implement it. What pisses me off is there really was some cool concepts in this anime and they just failed. I don't know if this anime was cancelled but it certainly deserved to be...

The anime starts out at the speed of light. They introduce three 3 villains, a random army, a castle under siege, a dying king, the army of said kingdom, the princess, her stand in, Frodo's grandpa(the midget advisor), three bounty hunters. All of these people you know nothing about and never will because this anime sucks.

The story centers around them trying to take back that kingdom and cope with fact that the only two hot chicks in this anime switched bodies. That happens in the first episode too mind you...

The princess is the key to lost technology that mankind had created which they eventually used to destroy themselves. So they stuck it away for hundreds of years in a kingdom no one cares about... Including the viewer.

---Sound

I rated this anime so poorly on sound based on the music they CONSTANTLY played throughout it. It was just this generic rock crap... Which is appropriate because of how generic this anime is.

I'll say that the voices matched the characters and the start music wasn't all that bad. It was music during the anime that was terrible. It sounds like some guy had a hard on for 60's rock music and decided to imitate it in a garage.

---Characters

The Characters for the most part... Are just awful. I will admit they do get better closer to the end of it. As you learn a mircoscopic amount more about the characters it's just barely enough to keep me limping on along this beater.

The Murder Princess and the actual princess are the two strongest characters of this master piece. The crappy part is, the murder princess loses her personality, which was about the only reason I was watching this.

There's the two additional bounty hunters. Your first look at these guys is... Wow... Those guys look lame. And you're right, they are. There's the skeleton looking dude who seems to have his head on straight and is typically the voice of reason. I'm pretty sure they put that guy in so they didn't have to draw his mouth moving. There's the second bounty hunter who's retarded and adds almost nothing at all to the anime.

--- Villains

The DR. Is drawn by someone who just got done watching Frankenstein. He plays a minor part in the story and he's almost completely unexplained. You know that he's the bad guy... He's going to do bad things because he's the bad guy. He's actually getting manipulated by a smarter bad guy. Oh, also that he's created additional bad guys who do bad things.

The two robotic girls - Cute girls that compliment each other's personalities. They also play a minor role in the story. They do add a little bit though. Like a pinch of salt relative to a whole field of uncooked potatoes.

The witch - ... I guess there's three hot chicks in this anime. YAY. Well she's intelligent and the one doing the manipulating. Her reasons for trying to destroy the world is lame as balls. Her reasons for killing the Murder Princess's family is just as lame. I did enjoy the twist that she's actually not a witch but a relic from Mankind's bloody past. Pretty cool but they don't go into that too deeply.

The prince - This character is just so bad.. But he does play a role in the anime. I think it's safe to assume that he's being manipulated by the witch but you don't know. I think it's the sword he was using... Pretty sure it was... Not hundred percent on that.

---- The ending

The ending was one of the few redeeming parts about this anime because it kills off almost all of the characters that the writer vomited to life. Seriously though, I thought the ending wasn't that bad.

I don't know why other reviewers said this anime is bloody. It's really not compared to a lot of anime I've seen. There's almost no themes in this that would make an experienced anime watcher's eyebrow raise. The violence, gore, language, and nudity are all very tame.

If you somehow enjoyed this anime then I would recommend Akema Ga Kill!

4.5/10 overall
mottscurry's avatar By on May 7, 2014

SHORT DOESN'T MEAN BAD:

I came across this show about six months ago while I was first really getting into anime. If I said that the name MURDER PRINCESS didn't strike me as a very interesting name for an anime anime at first glance, I'd be lying. I mean, it's called MURDER PRINCESS. So, naturally I clicked on it to check it out and the first thing I saw was the number of episodes. When i saw that the show had only six episodes, I thought it was a joke, hypathetically. I mean, come on, SIX episodes? Naturally, I took the obvious guess that this show was going to have a very interesting plot, but near the end they're going to rapidly dump a bunch of rushed information that could have easily been explained a lot better with a few more dollars put into it to make a few morw episodes. With that in mind, I just didn't wath it for five months. Five months later, I decided to finally give the show a shot, even though I knew what will happen. Or at least thought would happen. It turns out that what happened was the complete opposite of what I thought was going to happen. In fact, despite the show's length, I was suprised on how much I liked it. This is where I learned not to judge a book by its cover, or in this case, by the number of pages it has. So, let's get started.

STORY: 9.2/10

I can honestly say that looking at the anime's title, I didn't expect a couple things. This is one of those shows where obviously, being only six episodes long, I can't really tell you about anything past the first episode because going any farther would be like jumping off a cliff. Speaking of cliffs, the story ironically starts off that way, sort of. So, we start off with a small scene with this bounty hunter gang beating the crap out of some monsters. Then we transition into a scene where a king's castle is being taken over by a mad scientist and his little robot minions (We'we not talking about DESPICABLE ME). The king is killed, and the only two royalty left are the Princess and the Princess's best friend, who dresses up like the Princess in order to let the real Princess escaape the castle. The double is shortly killed afterwards. We then see the Princess running through the woods being chased by some monster. We then see the Princess run into the gang boss at the edge of a cliff, causing them to fall off and plumit nearly to their death. Soon after though, as their souls are jumping out of their bodies, they look down and they're like "OH, CRAP" when they see that there's still fifty more feet to go, so they jump back in their bodies, except they jump into the wrong body. Ok, I know that's not what literally happened, but I think it's satisfying to think of it that way. So, after they hit the ground, they wake up in the other's body, obviously shocked. So, after that, the new Princess, named Alita Forland decides to help out the former Princess, who is now MILANO, to take back the throne and put the castle back to its peaceful state. This is where I thought I was right about my first impression. I did start out very interesting and cool, and to be honest, had a pretty comical moment in it. Not only did it continue to stay interesting, the ending didn't feel rushed at all. Nearly everything was explained or elaborated on all the way to the end, with the exception of one thing they dont explain about halfway through the show. It wasn't enough to ruin the whole show. I actually liked how they tied everything together in the end. Now obviously, I do think it could have done with a couple more episodes, but I don't think they needed any more episodes, really. I also think the whole reverse timeline thing is a really interesting idea. The idea of a complete fantasy world with knights and mages with things we would consider modern technology part of their "OLD WORLD" it really fascinating. It makes me wonder if our future could be like that within the next fifty or so years. I think it's a great story despite it being only six episodes long.

CHARACTERS: 9.6/10

This character cast is actually pretty complete and dynamic for this anime despide being only six episodes long. The characters that are in this show are pretty cool. ALITA FORLAND is by far the most bad-arse character in the show. It's very intertaining to watch someone who is so used to slice-and-dicing monsters totally fail at table manners. Her two "side-kicks" are also pretty cool. PETE is this huge purple gangster guy that kind of reminds me of the Hulk, but not crazy. He also has a soft side when talking to MILANO. Then we have DOMINICOV, who is another gangster-like character that looks almost like a grim-reaper. He also uses this cool motorcycle-like vehicle that somehow is able to carry him, PETE, and ALITA all at the same time. The villains are also really great. One of them seems to have a quite famous reputation as "ONION HEAD". For a short show, they did a really great job with these characters.

ATMOSPHERE: 7.65/10

Now the length of the show shouldn't play too much of a part in this score. However, a show that is only six episodes long means that you only get to see and hear all the cool stuff for six episodes. The opening theme to this anime is awesome. This is the first time I have heard a punk rock song with a rap in a fantasy anime. The rest of the music isn't necessarily memorable, but it went well with all the scenes. The animation was cool. Although, I would have liked to see a monster that did not have horns.

OVERALL: 9.225/10

I do think it's a very likable show despite its length. I still think it could have been longer, bud leaving it didn't leave me with a sense that something didn't add up or anything. It's definitely a show worth checking out.

9.2/10 story
8.5/10 animation
6.8/10 sound
9.6/10 characters
9.2/10 overall
angelsreviews's avatar By on Jul 24, 2013

Um, this show is a bit awkward in that it’s about a princess and a swords woman switching bodies. It’s somewhat funny seeing a sweet and loveable princess is turned into a warrior maniac though. The true princess is actually rather strong in some aspects, as she had to see her father and her best friend die. Throughout the show, I had a great feeling of Yuri coming from the relationship of Alita and Falis. It’s really a strong feeling because Alita’s always looks up to Falis a lot for her strength and power. Though one big question I have is that how can Falis have enough strength and agility within Alita’s body. Alita’s body isn’t made for fighting but it was able to not get a broken bone in her body when smashed into the wall.

I do have a little problem with the ‘kawaii’ little characters being the bad guy robots. Dr. Akamashi must have had some sort of fetish for little girls because I have no idea what other reason he would do that to them. It doesn’t help that his head looks like an onion but he seems to have the brains of one for a moment. And not to mention that one girl is the cute innocent personality and the other is a rather dark and mean spirited personality.

There is a strange base to the time period in time where rockets are old technology. It’s strange because most of this is set within a more medieval period with the addition to magic. To have technology over all makes things a bit odd. I’m a fan of some of these shows but not when the technology is so far advanced that it feels out of wack. They do give us a strange reason for it, but I still don’t get why we need the kawaii kids though.

Animation is nicely done though it seems that some of Pete Armstrong, the purple person, his scar seems to move around a bit around his mouth. The demons seem a bit interesting in their design but I seriously think that they don’t ALL need horns. Almost every demon I saw had horns of some kind on there body. I’m not really bothered by the fact that Dominikov doesn’t really move his mouth when he talks, because he doesn’t seem to hinder the anime in any way.

Oh my god the English voices! The little robot girl’s voices sound like they had been smoking a million packs a day! For crying out loud, why does there voice have to be so gravel-ly? Some others are a little high pitched but overall it seems alright. I don’t think we really need the stupid narrator though. It tries to make it more epic then it actually is.

In the end, I guess it was pretty good and I have to say I give it props for a anime that you will not guess how it ends. Seriously, you would probably not be able to guess.

triplestrike's avatar By on Jan 17, 2012

I didn't hate it. Lets start there. Story is okay, (minor spoilers) you've got a pcincess who accidentally switches bodies with a bad ass mercinary, that's the majority of it.

The animation looks good actually but action isn't very long, they spend most of the battles with still frame shots that show someone doing some sort of attack.

I watched this in english and the voices weren't terrible. In fact I really liked Dominikov. Most of the music was guitar riff's and the like. They all fit the setting pretty well.

Characters were pretty cut and dry but to be fair there were only six episodes so they didn't really get the time to grow. Some are pretty awesome but there are some really terrible characters that balance that out.

Overall it was okay, some alright action sometimes, a super bad ass looking knight, and some rock music to accompany it. If you're super bored on netflix and watch to start something you can finish quickly, and want some action, this might be an alright pick.

7.2/10 overall
Bronia's avatar By on Oct 24, 2011

Story: This was an early anime I watched. To be quite honest, the story was solid, however the way it was told would've been vastly improved if there'd been more than 6 episodes. After the finale, I found myself thinking how abrupt it was and how much I wanted to see what happened after, or perhaps a bit more meat in between the beginning and end.

The good thing about it being so short was that there was no filler and the story was anything but slow paced.

Animation: I am no judge of good or bad animation. The movements were smooth and the character designs were memorable (in a good way.) My only problem was that there were moments when blood seemed like it was coming out of a firehose instead of a person.

Sound: The OP was awesome! The ED wasn't memorable. The voice acting I can only judge the dub, but all the actors were great for their roles.

Characters: More could've gone into them. I wish we'd had more time to hear about Falis's childhood or Cecilia's reason for being a Big Bad (although some might argue that was explained fine) They were good characters, however, who all served their purposes to the story well.

Overall: Murder Princess is one of favourite animes, no real reason why. Of course I will always feel that they could've told a bigger story even though the manga doesn't tell a bigger story. Being only 6 episodes it's worth watching for anyone who likes action, but romance is only ever hinted at so hardcore romance fans may want to pass on it.