Motto To Love-Ru

sarah2's avatar By sarah2 on Oct 29, 2010

I have only seen two episodes so my opion might change :P.

The storry of this anime is a bit wierd i don't really get it. But the wierd situations the characters get in are really really really funny. The main characten Yuuki (who is suprisingly a boy) constantly ends up naked or worse in the presence of loads of girls :D. It also involvs a bit of a sifi twist. Because two of the girls Yuuki hangs out with aren't really human. One is a emo-alien girl, and the other one is a girl with a tail who has a crush on Yuuki and invents al kind of wierd stuf who constantly gets Yuuki in trouble.

So conclusion it a great comedy, with lots of ecchi panty/boob shots, and a litle bit of romance and sifi. And al the wierd characters make the anime really work.

so just watch and love it ;)

tyr's avatar By tyr on Jan 18, 2011

Motto To Love-Ru as you can probally tell from the name is the sequel series to To Love-Ru (What is it with these Japanese and such random names...motto?)

Rather than the flowing straight forward plot of TLR Motto instead follows a format of each episode consisting of 3 mini continuityless mini-episodes. Much like the OVA Motto has a lot of stuff taken from the manga which was never explained in the anime- ghost girl's physical body, Run's idol career, Celine the plant girl and to a lesser extent (they were sort of explained in the OVA) Lum....sorry, La La's sisters.

The animation quality in this series is top notch. The theme tune is pretty good (though nothing on the previous one) and it really looks very different and more advanced from the get go. The actual entertainment value of the series however....that is a more debatable matter.

As I said each episode is actually three episodes of six-eight minutes. Not much time for a full story huh? Yup. The stories all seem to follow one of two plot lines:

1: Supporting character mutters about Rito, has some time alone with him, comes to realise how he's really awesome.

2: Supporting character mutters about a flaw in their life; something like not understanding friendship or whathaveyou. Has an encounter. Realises the thing they were missing is important. Oh well.

It really is a very shallow series. And not in the awesome fun way of the original series. Its kind of entertaining. Some funny moments. But don't go expecting this to be a proper series 2. I just hope if there's a 3rd series of To Love Ru made they do it properly.

Tomthe1337's avatar By Tomthe1337 on Jan 22, 2011

Well let me start off by saying that the first season of To-Love-Ru made my blood curdle, and I thought that an ecchi anime like this would have a first season, an OVA or two, then be over forever.

I was very, very wrong. I ended up watching the second season out of nostalgia if anything.

Once again, Haruka Tomatsu summons up the most annoying voice she can muster in order to keep up with Sayuri Yahagi's equally annoying voice; thus our two main heroines, Lala and Sairenji, respectively, have been brought from beyond the grave.

Now if you've been wondering why I've been ranting on about useless crap in the story section, it's because there is no story to speak of. 1/10

The animation is quite high quality. I'd like to point attention at the main subject of this review: Mikan Yuuki: the best imouto character since the dawn of time. The studio did a damn fine job of drawing her, and her being the most important character, Motto To-Love-Ru gets a 10/10 - 5 stars.

Hanazawa Kana.

The giant plethora of characters serves only to stomp down Mikan's screentime and Hanazawa Kana's number of lines. Quite frankly, they should have gone and called it

Motto Motto To-Love-Mikan

and removed all of the other characters.

Overall

Hanazawa Kana voices super cute imouto character. You don't want to miss it, I guarantee. 10/10

triplestrike's avatar By triplestrike on May 26, 2012

This is a sequel to "To Love Ru" which is about a boy that ends up having a pink haired hotty from another planet live with him. This sequel continues with his life and all the chicks around him. They're gonna get naked... a lot. This season in pretty "Shameless" and will show you boobs all the time. It really isn't necessary to see nearly every females chest parts.

Each episode has 3 parts to it so they are all short and hold almost no significance or continued plot. It gets pretty old quick. Some of the characters are neat, most are the exact same in every situation. The animation looks nice and the voices sound good but that only helps to a point.

With no real plot other than every chick realizing they want the protagonist, not much happens. Kinda funny, kinda cute, doesn't give closure and shows boobs any possible chance they can. It is mostly pretty bad, not as good as the first season but can be funny and cute. 7/10