MM!

lipe123's avatar By lipe123 on Dec 11, 2010

The story starts off really funny and stuff and there is some interesting developments along the way BUT...

It just doesnt progress fast enough, they keep doing the same silly stuff over and over to death and everytime a major plot development looks like it will happen the show just takes another step back into silly repedative stuff.

Too bad, I hoped it would be good all the way.

Jamb000h's avatar By Jamb000h on Nov 1, 2010

MM! tells about a high schooler called Tarou SADO, who is a HUGE Masochist.

I find the story very amusing. It's very funny, but it gets serious sometimes, focusing of themes like weird fetishes, unusual fears etc.

Animation:

Animation is mostly fluid and fits the comedic atmosphere very well.

Sound:

Sound effects are good, and I love the opening song! Endings were a dissapointment.

Best thing about MM! are the characters. Main characters are fun! "I'm afraid of boys!!!" "Loliloliloliloliloli"

saviornt's avatar By saviornt on Oct 2, 2010

As of currently this series as literally just begun, there is not a whole lot of basis behind this review.

The story is basically about a guy who is a severe masochist. We have a girl who pretends, or thinks, she is (a) god, a girl that is either shy or hates our main character, and the main character's best (probably only) friend.

This could easily be a serious anime, but the story writers decided to make a comedy. I laughed a couple times, so I guess they have succeeded in the comedic part. Rated the story 6/10 due to its uniqueness. It may go up or down as the series progresses.

The animation seems a bit average with what is out there now. Its not different or ground breaking in any way at all.

Sound seems like everything fit, although the ending score seems to be a bit off from what the anime is about, so its overall, "ok".

Characters, as it sits, I rated as a 7/10, due to the same reasons as the story. Again, it may go up or down, we'll see.

Overall, I'd rate this series episode as a 6/10. Its unique, its serves as a good braindrain after work and its kinda funny.

Be warned, this relies on sexual and ecchi comedy, so if you don't like those types of stories, stay away from this at all costs.

galacticdude7's avatar By galacticdude7 on Dec 30, 2010

-Story-

MM! proves to have a very creative plot, and it made me laugh out loud a lot at the hilarious situations that the characters find themselves in. I found the premise to be quite funny. However I did feel that it did get repetitive with the same gags covered multiple times by Mio beating up on Torou is simular fashions quite a bit. Also there were some sequences that did not seem to fit at all in the universe of the story, especially concerning the inventions of Noa. It goes from one moment everything seems completely plausible in our world and then, blam, we have things that would never happen in a million years. It just seems a bit inconsistent in that department. But MM! pretty much had a funny, creative, and interesting story.

-Animation-

Most of the time the animation in MM! was pretty good. I felt that they nailed some of the action sequences pretty well. One thing that annoyed me though was the use of stills from time to time. It didn't happen a whole lot, but it was noticable when it did, and that slightly irritates me.

-Characters-

The Characters are very entertaining to watch in MM!. The characters are vivid and the situations they get into sparks laughter. My only major complaint was Noa. I feel that her character is completely unneeded in telling the story, plus she was also pretty one dimensional after her first appearance with the only thing keeping her in the picture was her one-sided love for Torou. Mio perfectly nailed the Tsudere role, and made it interesting to watch while preventing her from being a total bitch. Yuuno and Torou's relationship was something that I have seen before, but it was still fresh. One more thing that I didn't like however was that it seemed that everyone had a troubled past of fetish, so whenever you meet a new character, you automatically think about what fetish or Issue does that person have.

-Overall-

I rather liked MM! and felt that it was able to pull off being a Harem styled anime without following all of the stupid cliches that follow that style of anime. I would recommend it.

7.5/10 characters
nasreen10's avatar By nasreen10 on Feb 15, 2011

Story: Althought MM! was entertaining to begin with, it became repetitative and predictable. It did prove to have a lot of parody and satire but the running gags seemed to get in the way. Throughout the series, there were random episodes that proved to be quite funny. They just became paired with the running gags which became tiresome. I understand that the series itself isn't supposed to be serious or have a deep plot. However, it is a comedy/parody which needs to continue to be fresh and keep you laughing. I felt that MM! wasn't as successful in that. This wasn't awful but I felt that it hindered itself with continued running gags. It's still funny, amusing and get you laughing. However, there are better comedies out there that won't get old. Also, I would consider this does have a resonable amount of ecchi. If you don't like ecchi, I wouldn't watch this.

Animation: Decent for it's time. Nothing extraordinary. Although the character designs are distinguishable from each other and attractive, they definitaly look like characters from other series I've seen. I'm not sure if that was a point. The action sequences were flashy without fluid movement. The opening and ending were disappointing along with the "serious" scenes. However, mosts scenes that were intended to be funny did their job extremely well. Overall, it was ok but nothing great.

Sound: The soundtrack and opening and ending were subpar. The seiyuus did a great job. However, that was the only good part. Everything else was mediocre at best. I don't have much to say about it.

Characters: Very little development if there is any at all. It's part of the running gags which gets annoying and old after a while. The development that exists is either happens really quickly or is predictable. I know that MM! isn't meant to be a character series but I eventually got annoyed at the characters. They were ok but I've seen these type of series with a really likable casts and I felt that MM! didn't deliver in that aspect. They have there little niches and they stay in that and don't really surprise you.

Overall: It's funny and amusing but can get old. Luckly it doesn't last too long so it won't wear you out too bad. At the very least, you will get a couple of laughs especially from about every other episode.

6.9/10 animation