Mirai Nikki

Alt title: Future Diary

Repsak's avatar By on Jun 1, 2016

Here a think about the Future Diary (well that’s what I have come to call it anyway): It's incredibly well-made. Everything from the characters to the story and the basic ideas is so well written that this has become one of the best anime series I have ever seen. For even though that I normally do not watch this kind of anime anymore, has it proven that a good anime has a way to reach out to everyone. There are many things I could say about Future Diary. So to prevent me from blabbering on and on, about what I think about the series will I only cover 2 things: The characters, the basic idea of the series. So sit back boys and girls, here come the spoilers.

A lot of the characters in Future Diary are made with strong personalities, there are both interesting and unique. Some of them are like an open book, which others are so hard to figure out because their personality changes outthought the story. Take for example Minene Uryuu(A.K.A ninth (A.K.A woman with an eyepatch(A.K.A one of my favorite female characters))). Minene has throughout the story shown so many sides of herself that you doubt about what should think of her. She is shown as an evil terrorist, a funny character, a weak person, a strong person and a person who are on nobody’s side. You never know what she was going to do next, and that’s what makes her such an interesting character. Besides is she also so DAMN entertaining.

Another cool character is Yuno Gasai there, if you ask me, are some of the most interesting females in anime. She has so many layers of her psychopathic mind that you’re always wondering, if this is really Yuno Gasai, or if she’s still hiding another side of herself.

And now to the basic idea… I freaking love it. The principle that a group of people is brought together to kill each other in a game is not a new principle. However, what make it new it that, all of the members has to die. There are no exceptions and no way that you can cheat. So even though that we see Yuki develop his character throughout the story, with him become more and more like a killer, do we also all know that he, in the end, is forced to kill the one person he loves the most. AND YES YOU GUESSED IT- It’s Yuno. We all know that it’s going to happen, but not HOW, and that’s what makes this series so mysterious and well-written at the same time.

shortly said can I say that I like this series, because of the fact that it’s well-made. Everything works together, in a way there make this anime, one hell of an experience to watch.

*And BTW if you are watching the whole series, make sure that you are watching everything. That includes the small moments there are shown end of the credits*

tymiaphat's avatar By on May 15, 2016

this show is the interstellar of anime. The ending will mess you up, if you don't understand it I recommend reading the last chapter of the manga because it's 10X better than the show's ending. The main reason I love this show is because it's hard deciding on the liking of the characters. Most of the time while watching this show I kept saying I hate that character, oh man actually I like that character, actually no I hate that character! Which I loved doing because it really made you think about the characters  situations and their personalities! Overall this is a really good show it's a crazy love story and the story will make you yell!🈲💯

WolfAngelus's avatar By on Dec 18, 2015

*Note - This specific page is for the OVA not the actual series which is found here. Seeing reviews that go on about the anime rather than discuss the OVA.

The OVA is pointless. There is nothing we haven't seen in the anime. You would be spending the full 9 minutes rewatching content that was in the first episodes. This could be watched as a preview to see if the anime is interesting but then again you can just view the first episode too.

Nothing further needs to be said. The anime itself is excellent but don't even bother searching for this OVA or loading it. Was trying to give it a .01 but it won't let you.

0.1/10 overall
farcide's avatar By on Sep 20, 2015

Its a bittersweet show about how oppisites attract. Being that the story was a bit confusing at times, But the best part of this anime was that emotion of domination after one of the antagonist dies* thats just my opinion* Also this was my first anime i ever watched

8.5/10 story
8.9/10 characters
8.7/10 overall
LllamaAnna's avatar By on Feb 15, 2015

This show I watched when i was 9, I rewatched it recently and I question myself. How did I enjoy it? I understand I was a fucked up kid but there was hardly any character development. They spent too much time on Yuno and no other characters. Though this was the first anime I watch cause I felt like it, I wouldn't put it in my top 5. If anything it would be a 8/9 in my top ten. Honestly the show is enjoyable & watchable but if they had more character development and stopped thinking about Yuno 24/7 it would've been so much easier too watch. Also, the rape scene and all the other dirty things weren't needed. For me atleast.