Mirai Nikki

Alt titles: Future Diary

xxjacobxx3's avatar By on Feb 26, 2011

I think the general idea of this ova is amazing. It has the same type of feel to it as death note and code geass. (kinda). I mean, if you know the future from your cell phone, there is experiments to be done to figure out how it all works... like if it changes depending on what you do, or there is no way to change the future? interesting people do different things, and who are the admins? some artificial intellegence or something like a god from another dimention or what?

Without going all out though, this ova is like a balled up peice of paper thrown at you. You can see some of the details, but not all of them, and without the whole picture it isnt good. I dont know what the purpose of this ova is.

If I was the buisness man... I would say: "I am going to create a little video of the general idea I have about an anime, kind of like a teaser, and see how the populous responds. If they respond good, then we will take the effort to make a whole anime on this idea."

Hopefully, you follow me...

8.5/10 story
zombiealy's avatar By on Jul 9, 2013

OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY SOOOOO,

I'm a huge fan of gory/horror type animes and films.
This one I must say met every single on of my needs that i've ever wanted to watch in an anime.

The plot and the characters I felt were really thought out. The story hooked me in right away, it didn't take me 3-4 episodes to get into it like some other animes.  I automatically clicked with Yuno, she's so odd, different and obviously a bit of a pychopath. At first I wasn't the biggest fan of Ninth but then the more episodes I watch, the more she became my second favorite charater. She portrayed herself as someone who has no emotions or heart and just wants to get the job done. But the further you got into the show, the more she started to show who she really was and it just gave you all the feels in the end. 。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

This anime is really a mind bender and super gory. So if you're into that kind of stuff pleaaase watch this anime, you'll fall in love trust me! Overall this anime gets a 10/10 from me for a lot of reasons, a few of them being what I stated about.

(o⌒.⌒o) PLOX WATCH IT! :3

9.5/10 characters
flip2012's avatar By on Jul 6, 2013

A perfect horror/romance anime very unique and i havent seen an anime like this so i really liked it <3

TFMM's avatar By on Feb 2, 2015

The plot of this anime, once you've watched it & thought about the story is extremely sad. Bear with me, because this will be rather long! Gasai Yuno was once a normal girl who simply fell in love with a boy named Yuki. However, due to the game she was playing, she knew that their love was hopeless. She loved & cared for Yuki so much, she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. However, she couldn't stand the thought of losing him and made her go insane due to love. She loved Yuki so much, that she murdered him, to become god, just so she could go back & live the games all over again. She was so madly in love with Yuki & her feelings for him were so great, she was willing to continue this horrible cycle just so she could spend more time with him. Gasai Yuno was just a normal girl who simply just wanted to love & be loved by Yuki. But it was impossible without going through this vicious cycle. Yuno will forever be one of the most interesting characters from an anime I've ever seen & her story is the most upsetting thing I've ever heard. This girl went insane because she was forbidden to love the love of her life for the rest of her life. She had her entire world ripped from her, just so she could go back & relive it. Just to be with Yuki. I'm not ashamed to say I cried when I thought about this. This anime teaches us how powerful Love is & how it can be lost so easily & the crazy plights people will take just to live out that fantasy life they've always wanted. Gasai Yuno was denied happiness & she was denied the freedom to live her dream. To live her Fantasy, forever to repeat it for a short time. Imagine if she lost, like she did. That's it. You've lost everything. She lost everything. She was once normal, but went insane due to a forbidden love.
 The REAL Yuno never achieved her true happiness.

LllamaAnna's avatar By on Feb 15, 2015

This show I watched when i was 9, I rewatched it recently and I question myself. How did I enjoy it? I understand I was a fucked up kid but there was hardly any character development. They spent too much time on Yuno and no other characters. Though this was the first anime I watch cause I felt like it, I wouldn't put it in my top 5. If anything it would be a 8/9 in my top ten. Honestly the show is enjoyable & watchable but if they had more character development and stopped thinking about Yuno 24/7 it would've been so much easier too watch. Also, the rape scene and all the other dirty things weren't needed. For me atleast.