Mirai Nikki

Alt title: Future Diary

Add review
flip2012's avatar
Jul 6, 2013

A perfect horror/romance anime very unique and i havent seen an anime like this so i really liked it <3

farcide's avatar
Sep 20, 2015

Its a bittersweet show about how oppisites attract. Being that the story was a bit confusing at times, But the best part of this anime was that emotion of domination after one of the antagonist dies* thats just my opinion* Also this was my first anime i ever watched

8.5/10 story
8.9/10 characters
8.7/10 overall
Repsak's avatar
Jun 1, 2016

Here a think about the Future Diary (well that’s what I have come to call it anyway): It's incredibly well-made. Everything from the characters to the story and the basic ideas is so well written that this has become one of the best anime series I have ever seen. For even though that I normally do not watch this kind of anime anymore, has it proven that a good anime has a way to reach out to everyone. There are many things I could say about Future Diary. So to prevent me from blabbering on and on, about what I think about the series will I only cover 2 things: The characters, the basic idea of the series. So sit back boys and girls, here come the spoilers.

A lot of the characters in Future Diary are made with strong personalities, there are both interesting and unique. Some of them are like an open book, which others are so hard to figure out because their personality changes outthought the story. Take for example Minene Uryuu(A.K.A ninth (A.K.A woman with an eyepatch(A.K.A one of my favorite female characters))). Minene has throughout the story shown so many sides of herself that you doubt about what should think of her. She is shown as an evil terrorist, a funny character, a weak person, a strong person and a person who are on nobody’s side. You never know what she was going to do next, and that’s what makes her such an interesting character. Besides is she also so DAMN entertaining.

Another cool character is Yuno Gasai there, if you ask me, are some of the most interesting females in anime. She has so many layers of her psychopathic mind that you’re always wondering, if this is really Yuno Gasai, or if she’s still hiding another side of herself.

And now to the basic idea… I freaking love it. The principle that a group of people is brought together to kill each other in a game is not a new principle. However, what make it new it that, all of the members has to die. There are no exceptions and no way that you can cheat. So even though that we see Yuki develop his character throughout the story, with him become more and more like a killer, do we also all know that he, in the end, is forced to kill the one person he loves the most. AND YES YOU GUESSED IT- It’s Yuno. We all know that it’s going to happen, but not HOW, and that’s what makes this series so mysterious and well-written at the same time.

shortly said can I say that I like this series, because of the fact that it’s well-made. Everything works together, in a way there make this anime, one hell of an experience to watch.

*And BTW if you are watching the whole series, make sure that you are watching everything. That includes the small moments there are shown end of the credits*

zombiealy's avatar
Jul 9, 2013

OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY SOOOOO,

I'm a huge fan of gory/horror type animes and films.
This one I must say met every single on of my needs that i've ever wanted to watch in an anime.

The plot and the characters I felt were really thought out. The story hooked me in right away, it didn't take me 3-4 episodes to get into it like some other animes.  I automatically clicked with Yuno, she's so odd, different and obviously a bit of a pychopath. At first I wasn't the biggest fan of Ninth but then the more episodes I watch, the more she became my second favorite charater. She portrayed herself as someone who has no emotions or heart and just wants to get the job done. But the further you got into the show, the more she started to show who she really was and it just gave you all the feels in the end. 。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

This anime is really a mind bender and super gory. So if you're into that kind of stuff pleaaase watch this anime, you'll fall in love trust me! Overall this anime gets a 10/10 from me for a lot of reasons, a few of them being what I stated about.

(o⌒.⌒o) PLOX WATCH IT! :3

9.5/10 characters
xxjacobxx3's avatar
Feb 26, 2011

I think the general idea of this ova is amazing. It has the same type of feel to it as death note and code geass. (kinda). I mean, if you know the future from your cell phone, there is experiments to be done to figure out how it all works... like if it changes depending on what you do, or there is no way to change the future? interesting people do different things, and who are the admins? some artificial intellegence or something like a god from another dimention or what?

Without going all out though, this ova is like a balled up peice of paper thrown at you. You can see some of the details, but not all of them, and without the whole picture it isnt good. I dont know what the purpose of this ova is.

If I was the buisness man... I would say: "I am going to create a little video of the general idea I have about an anime, kind of like a teaser, and see how the populous responds. If they respond good, then we will take the effort to make a whole anime on this idea."

Hopefully, you follow me...

8.5/10 story