Mirai Nikki TV

Alt titles: Future Diary TV, The Future Diary TV

DreadNaught1's avatar By DreadNaught1 on May 9, 2013

This anime isn't that bad but heres the problem at least for me, is the male lead character named yuki who is so weak and just all around pathetic he will only be referred to as yamcha from now on.

The story and plot for Mirai Nikki aren't bad, I rather like the plot, which is based off of a bunch of people who record the world around them in some manner and now are thrown into a game created by the god of time, in which now their method of record keeping now holds records of the future. This is interesting because they can use this information to effectively go after each other and counter one another, all for the goal of being the only one left and becoming the new god of time.

The characters in general aren't bad but i wish they had a more varied range, because it seems like each one is just so crazy. So i just wish there was just a mix of people from normal to the crazy, because it would have been interesting to see some take part, some get dragged in, and like 1 or something just fight against the game. But i guess the ultimate form of weakness that is yamcha balances it kinda.

Now for those that don't get why i don't like the main character, it's because yamcha just breaks down and crys allong with a lot of panicing. Now I can understand having a character panic and freck out at the start, but yamcha crys, panics, does everything wrong and is just useless the entire series. This character is without a doubt the worst one i've ran into in the 100+ anime i've watched, so much so yamcha really does ruin this anime to quite a extent.

But other than the black of hole fail, the other characters are fine for the most part and they all develop enough to make you hate them or like them as well and understand why they are the way they are.

Everything else such as the animation and sound quality are good, and the action is good to thou they censored a lot of the gore whcih is kinda weird mainly because I rarely run into anime with a lot of censoring on the gore (pixel coverings).

Overall it's good nothing really bad about it this anime, the only real problem is they made the main character so bad that you will most likely wish for yamcha to die or just be pissed of at his existance. It's sad because this could have been pretty good, but if you hate yamcha class characters in major roles in anime, you should skip this one other wise give it a go.

Varagauzer's avatar By Varagauzer on Jul 5, 2013

Pros

• Great twists in the story, a lot of unecpected things
  • Because of these twists in the plot, the characters become unpredictable which generates intrest in the show
  • The second opening theme was really great (quite a catchy song)
  • The animation creates a dark mood in the anime, which makes it a great mystery
  • The episodes usually ends on a high note

Cons

• Even though there are a lot of great stuff in the plot, the story seems borrowed from a mixture of anime, for instance the idea of becoming god is in may anime such as Needless, or Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne, as well as the love story
  • The first opening theme was annoying
  • Amano takes too long to develop, it was usually around episode 20 or so where he finally realizes that he must fight (which is almost at the end of the show)
  • The love relationships seem forced
  • I'm too fucking tired of hearing the phrase "I will protect you"

Now at first I was a bit skeptical anout the plot, where the god had reached the end of his life span and needs to elect a sucessor, it was quite strange to say the most, however, as the show moved on I kept gaining interest in it. Now as I said before, this story is not original (there are many great aspects/twists and turns that should keep an interest in it), it does take many ideas from several anime to kind of show the relationship of god and man...but the anime that does a perfect display of this is Ergo Proxy (by the way Ergo Proxy is an excellent anime I don't know why some people gave it bad reviews, but I will give that show 9/10, it is one of the best anime out there) however the way the story got at the end was magnificent, I was at the edge of my seat, because they tird all of the loose ends up and everything made sense. The anime had a great ending, everyone is happy, there was only one thing I wanted, Yuno and Ammano to be together at the end.

Dark and mysterious, that is the mood the animation tries to give and it does accomplish that but only to some extent. The actions scenes are good but not anything excellent, you can actually see that this style was taken from other anime. There are some usage of CG animation such as Deus and you could tell that it was not well animated. But, although it may sound like I am complaining, I did enjoy the animation, it is great

Very well done voice acting, the emotions flooded the characters. The problem here is the annoying first theme, the second one was good, the ending theme was ok. The OST used was very good too, no problems there.

One thing they tried to show was, the power of love, especially Yuno's love for Amano, the thing here is that this love seems forced not natural. In fact most of the love relationships in the anime seem forced such as the relationship between the cop and the ninth (that girl with the purple hair). I also liked the psycho nature of Yuno (again this was there to show how much she cared for Amano)

Overall

Despite its flaws this is a great anime, I did enjoy watching it and maybe some time in the future I will watch it back.

7.5/10 story
7.5/10 characters
Shinjiru's avatar By Shinjiru on Aug 22, 2013

I personally expected Mirai Nikki to end up way different... in the last few episodes the series had a surprising plot and I definitely didn't expect it. The end was very open and vague. The plot itself was very good, had the right amounts of survival horror, action and science fiction, and romance!

9.5/10 sound
PinkyIvan's avatar By PinkyIvan on Sep 23, 2012

Well let us see, did I enjoy this anime? The answer is no, this is by far the worst anime I have ever seen. No other anime gets close to it.

The story revolves around Yuki and Yuno, 14 year olds who need to kill 10 (11) other people (all of which have diarys that tell them the future in different ways) to become god of time or something like that. Sound interesting? It sounded good to me. But then I watched the series, and I regret that. The plot is so badly written it is well a masterpiece in bad writing. The amount of plot holes is simply amazing, I was actually stunned. Since an essay could be written about the plot holes and I don’t want to bore you I will move on to the animation.

There is not much to say about the animation except the character design was terrible. That little god/moe/fat kid? Why does it exist? Well it’s there for the plot holes I think.

The sound…. People with accents as bad as that should be forbidden to sing songs in English. Seriously people if you have retarded accents don’t sing in English! Is that so hard? Also like everything about Yuki his voice was annoying as hell!

Well… Yuno was sometimes fun to watch. Everything else was just terrible! We have the fake terrorist who tries to kill a police officer twice and then marries him, we have the 5 year old who knows how to use gas masks and military poisons, we have the Nazi mayor, fake Kaworu who is here (unlike Kaworu) only for the yaoi flavor, Yuno, a stereotypical yandere who wants to have loads of sex and Yuki. He is THE WORST CHARACTER EVER MADE! He is like Shinji but without any sensible character development, any cool moment, lines, basicly anything cool. He is annoying in every way you look at him.

All in all I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone, unless I was trying to show him/her I hate him/her. DO NOT WATCH THIS ANIME! You have been warned!

For extra detail check out the video I linked on my profile!

2.5/10 overall
Tinydestiny's avatar By Tinydestiny on May 4, 2012

Did you think Mirai Nikki was good? Do you think it's going to be a good watch? If one of these are true then please heed my words.

This anime takes a massive runny diarrhea crap on your expectations. The diarrhea is so runny it's pouring over your expectations. And the worst part is: you don't even know it.

It's a tragic trick. It's a trick that pisses me off to the core and the trick f*cks with everyone, giving it an unbelievable amount of undeserved credit. The trick is to make you "fall in love" with the first episodes and god DAMN I swear 90% of the "good" new animes now a days do this. It's not the kind of love where you think "this is a good anime" however, but the kind of love when you spend almost every day of the week waiting for the next episode. By making you fall in love with it so hard, the creators use your naive love to their advantage and exploit that love until the bitter end when you finally realize your love was a mistake. You wish you could reject your premature love and take back all the time you spent because of your naivety, but the harsh truth will always be out there, the writers cheated on your expectations and got away with it for most of you!

Well, I guess this is only MY opinion, but I'll be damned if I'm wrong. It's the only way I can explain how it reached the top 86 rated animes on here.  I only managed to keep going because I, like many other fools, fell in love with it the first episodes. I was extremely happy (and I know I'm not the only one) to have a dark psychological mind game involving a pathetic character and a psycho bitch. SO much potential, so much room for development and interesting plots. But no. I kept the illusion that it was a great show until the end when I finally was able to snap out of it and realized it was absolute crap and a mass of ruined epic anime potential. It was beautiful and magnificent on the outside, but the inside was hollow, dull, and disappointing.