Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

ferengi4's avatar By ferengi4 on Oct 17, 2014

This is my first review so sorry if its not amazing. But I have to say Magi: The Kingdom of Magic is amazing! I think its better then the original Magi which is strange since most of the time a animes first season or part is usally better then the next. Its great to look at, the music in it is amazing, and the story it self is unique and great. The only thing I can say bad about it was that I wish it was longer! But regardless its great and you will regret not watching it.

IAnnMichelle's avatar By IAnnMichelle on Sep 26, 2014

Unbelievably, this season is more epic then the first. The characters grow and reach their peak of strength and innner self. They experience adventures more challenging and wondurous then the first. This season is alos even more serious then the first as the main characters are faced with a grave challenge and threat to the survival of the world itself. New characters are interestroududed, while some old characers get a spotlight and others are pushed into the background of this show. some mysteries and questions are answered while new ones are introduced. It ending is satisfing but has room for clean up. Some things are still unaswered but also highly hint off that there will be a season to look forawrd too. The epic tale is obviously just in its prime and no where near a permanent end.

9.8/10 story
9.8/10 characters
9.9/10 overall
Pulu's avatar By Pulu on Sep 2, 2014

Ok, this is the first review i've ever written so pardon any mistakes and any spoilers, i think...

I have no issues with the storyline, in fact, I find it even better than the first season, a LOT better. The first season started out great, but somewhere in the middle it started going downhill which made me drop the series. But when season 2 came out, I decided to give it another go and watch it all over again. I was glad I did cus it didn't disappoint me. It was kindda sad that the 3 of them had to separate but I was SO glad when both the main characters met up again.

OH, and the fight scenes were so epic and great!!Especially the last few episodes!!I never thought that Aladdin (the main character) would be so badass and such a GENIUS!!!Using combination spells like that, making a sand Ugo and using it to fight. The fight scene with Aladdin was just so amazing that I was glued to the screen the whole entire fight.

Animation & Sound:

Hmmm, I don't really notice these kind of things but I think the animation was beautiful just like any other anime nowadays. The sound is also ok, clear and understandable, especially during the battle scenes.:)

The characters were all great to watch!!I really love the character development for all 3 main characters as they each go on their individual journeys to discover and understand more about themselves. And I think that there's a great development in the main character, Aladdin, compared to season 1, where most of the time he's kindda useless and depends too much on others (Ugo), but now, he's able to stand on his own and defeat enemies, finally being able to act as a proper Magi he's suppose to be.

The additional characters were also enjoyable and easy to like. (especially Sphintus XD)

Overall:

Overall, I think that this anime is a great anime to watch, the story's nice, animation & sound's decent and the characters are all enjoyable to watch. Defintely a anime that you'll not regret watching.;D

7.5/10 story
noname0302's avatar By noname0302 on Aug 22, 2014

Wow! I wont write too many spoilers, just a few. Nothing that anyone with an IQ above a chimp couldnt figure uot watching the first season.

The Labyrinth was good. Really good, but it had some major flaws, also, they really tried to force the whole magic battle concept down our throats, even if most of the main charcater were still pretty bad at using their magic and couldnt really do it the way it should be done.

Here, we get something totally new. Down with the battles that were episodes long, down with trying to overcomplicate everything and keeping up the suspense by underinforming the viewers. We get a pretty straight forward story and even if they reveal something later on, they dont revela anything that we didnt suspect already. Magnostatt is a city of magic and its is just fantastic. For most of the Kingdom of Magic I felt like reeading or watching a Harry Potter story. They also focused on the issues between the magic users and the non-magic users. First the non-magic users were at powers and they abused the magic users and now, the whole thing turned around. The biggest message of the story: the circle of hatred only ends if the sides decide to forgive. The main philosophy of the story is directly borrowed for Ghandi and Nelson Mandela(look it up).  And of course we get our grandiose ending which was expected of course. Like always, the ending is just a long battle that ends after the bad-guy finds the light again. Nothing new, but it works. I liked that the main characters went their separate ways, all their stories were interestin.

The story, as you can see, still has a lot of issues with originality. Good ending, but unoriginal, borrowed philosophy and they even took a lot from Harry Potter. Still, as with the Labyrinth, they handled the borrowed stuff with care and the story does the job better then the forst season. 7.5/10

Animation: I only give Sword Art Online a 10, but here, the visuals are actually better than in the first season, for example the fire-effects look better. Visuals 9.6/10

Characters: Thank god! Character evolution! At last! Alibaba is somewhat better, Morgiana got over the slave issues and Aladdin is more or less a badass, he doesnt get knocked out anymore by the slightest breeze. Huge improvement. 9/10

Music: the same. Usually really good, but, altogh im a big fan a rock and metal, it still feels out of place. Truth be told: we dont have so much time in classical arab cities, so it isnt as out of place as in the first, but theres more of it. 8.5/10

Overall this will be one of the rare occasions, I actually calculate a score using math: 8.65

I highly recommend it to everyone, even people who didnt like Labyrith of magic.

Have fun!

7.5/10 story
9.6/10 animation
8.5/10 sound
8.7/10 overall
thief1434's avatar By thief1434 on Aug 5, 2014

I may be biased, and I may have overrated this anime, but, there's nothing I dislike about it!  It's a very good anime, with memorable characters, good laughs, while maintaning a good atmosphere.  There are definitely some feels in it, but they're good.

For those who don't know, this anime is a continuation of Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, which was also an amazing anime.  The story primarily follows the journey of Aladdin, the fourth Magi, endowed with Solomon's wisdom and his journey's and battles alongside his chosen king, Alibaba.
If you have not seen this anime, I highly recommend it, along with the first season!