Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

Add review
ferengi4's avatar
Oct 17, 2014

This is my first review so sorry if its not amazing. But I have to say Magi: The Kingdom of Magic is amazing! I think its better then the original Magi which is strange since most of the time a animes first season or part is usally better then the next. Its great to look at, the music in it is amazing, and the story it self is unique and great. The only thing I can say bad about it was that I wish it was longer! But regardless its great and you will regret not watching it.

IAnnMichelle's avatar
Sep 26, 2014

Unbelievably, this season is more epic then the first. The characters grow and reach their peak of strength and innner self. They experience adventures more challenging and wondurous then the first. This season is alos even more serious then the first as the main characters are faced with a grave challenge and threat to the survival of the world itself. New characters are interestroududed, while some old characers get a spotlight and others are pushed into the background of this show. some mysteries and questions are answered while new ones are introduced. It ending is satisfing but has room for clean up. Some things are still unaswered but also highly hint off that there will be a season to look forawrd too. The epic tale is obviously just in its prime and no where near a permanent end.

9.8/10 story
9.8/10 characters
9.9/10 overall
ahoymickey's avatar
Jan 11, 2017

First of all, I would like to note that this is the second season and if you haven't seen the first one you really should. I really like this show. I loved Magi and was very excited about the second season, but I will say that I didn't enjoy this one as much for one very important reason: they didn't show enough Alibaba. They took the time to show everything happening on Aladdin's end, all the secrets he uncovers and all the training he does, and that's all fine and dandy. My problem was that they flashed over to Alibaba and gave two episodes showing an arc that (in my opinion) was wayyyyy more interesting than the one we were watching! All you see happen is that Alibaba came to term with some stuff and got some training. Morgiana's arc is even shorter, with a brief encounter with a mysterious stranger and a life changing decision basically constituting the whole shaboodle. Anyway, despite sidelining two of the best characters, a solid watch. Entertaining, funny, and just enough darkness to make characters more believable. I reccomend this to anyone who liked Avatar: The Last Airbender, for the similar vibe.

WolfAngelus's avatar
Sep 3, 2016

The start for this season starts off very promising and looking to be better than the first. Unfortunately it takes a turn after a few episodes just like the first season. The adventure splits off into 3 mini stories and my favorite character out of the main 3 dissapears for most of the remainder. After these individual stories complete, everything shifts to heavy focus on a single area. After some build up, things heat up and get interesting. The action towards the last chunk is pretty good and makes whatI found to be rather boring to pretty interesting. Definitely a large improvement over the first season in terms of action

This gets a lower rating than Season 1 as the Arabian theme becomes far less existant which was one of the key unique factors. Overall this season was story heavy, I found the story split offs to be too quick to add any real depth though. After the few episodes, the characters come off as having years of training and advancement when only a few episodes have went by.

Everything else mostly remains the same as Season 1. There are a lot of additional characters for this season but I didn't like them anywhere as close as the main cast. As nice as the anime looks, somewhere it just feels like there is a lot of story build up with not enough action to back it up. The start seems like too much of a tease to come off that that interesting then take a step backwards. It is unfortunate as more action, a better sense of time spacing, and more combat happening in the middle would have made this anime very good as the magic and djinn equip system is pretty cool.

Overall still good, but definitely has quite a few boring episodes.

Review of Season 1 ; Scored 7/10

AnimeLordAnime's avatar
Aug 22, 2016

One of the best animes i' ve ever seen great story good character development amazing music and art it deserves a 8.45 overall if you ask me ;)

8.3/10 story