La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia

Alt title: Storia Della Arcana Famiglia

The story revolves around a group of people sworn to protect Regalo Island, with their black suits and weapons they kind of give off a mafia fibe. While there are some really cool aspects within the story, like in the beginning when the boss declares a duello and the fact that all the main characters have some kind superpower based on Tarocco cards, it's doesn't really live up to it's potential.

In the beginning you get curious and you expect a lot of action and battles, however, after episode one it kind of becomes an emotional drama series with comic relief and not a lot of action happens. Until the last two episodes, when most of the characters are suddenly a lot weaker and you don't get to see a lot of the action.

Some aspects of the story are quite good, but most of the episodes could just have been filler eps.

The story takes place in Italy, and they did do a great job with incorperating that in the backgrounds and architecture of the buildings and stuff. Also in the clothing style. But besides the convincing and pretty accurate Italian style, it's pretty normal.

The opening and ending songs are kind of misleading, the opening song indicates a lot of action happening but that doesn't really show in the story. The ending song doesn't really fit either.

The sound effect are pretty simple. Nothing bad but nothing nice either.

There are a lot of characters, but mainly you'll follow the boss's daughter who's really trying to get along with everyone. From watching the first episode I concluded she was going to be a strong female character who was prepared to do anything because she wants to follow her own path. However I got strongly disapointed, she spend most of the series just sitting there going 'eh' all the time. Until the last episode, when she's suddenly a lot stronger. She ends up in situations that indicate that she's curious but then she doesn't show that in her behaviour. But then she does get angry when some of the guys tries to hit on her again.

The other characters are mainly all men. Pretty handsome men at that, they do all have individual personalities and show that in their appearence. We do get to see some of the backstory of the characters, which gives us a reason for their behaviour and actions.

Not an anime that I would watch again, it's kind of nice to watch but some aspects are really annoying. For example how the story could have been told in three episodes. And some of the character development is lacking.

I feel they could have done more with the concept. The powers of the cards are actually quite interesting.

However, if by any chance you do watch this series, make sure you watch the OVA. Just that one episode made watching the series worth while.

Arcana Famiglia is an anime that revolves around a young girl named Felicita. Felicita is the daughter of Mondo who is the father or "Papa" of the family also known as the Arcana Famiglia.Not only have Felicita and Mondo made a contract with the Tarot cards, the entire family has as well. These Tarots or "Arcana Powers" equip the family with special abilities unique to each of the 22 main Tarot cards. The family uses these gained abilities to help the people around them and keep those dear to them safe on the Island of Regalo.

I do feel like there were too many major characters for such a short anime. They have done a great job with the different personalities of each as well as going deeper into the back story of the three main characters, Felicita, Nova and Liberta, I was fully satisfied with the way these characters were developed throughout the series. And once again Luci Christian does a great job of voice acting Felicita for the English Dub. But as for the other characters such as the three childhood friends, Luca, Pace and Debito there was a great back story for them but i feel that there could have been more for the older characters such as Mondo, Jolly, and Sumire.

I've got to say at the beginning of this anime I wasn't a fan of Novas voice. It was obvious that it was a woman voice acting a male character, I felt that the voice wasn't well suited to the character. But as I continued watching the show the voice somehow began to fit as if the character was meant to have that voice, I guess I had just gotten used to it. I cannot say that for some of the minor character roles such as Martha who was the cook. The voice actor was obviously a male attemping to do a womans voice, and doing a bad job, it was quite disturbing actually. As well as Fran the Cat, owned by Federica, and the Owl, owned by the Arcana Familglia. Though they did not have voices the animal sounds were quite off, maybe it was just me.

The Animation was great and well put together. I'm always impressed with what J.C.Staff puts together. Their other works such as A Certain Magical Index and Toradora were awesome as well.

The Opening theme music I did enjoy but I felt that even though it suited this show well that it could have been louder and more in your face since this is an acton based anime. But like I said I really did enjoy the Opening music as well as the Ending. I loved the rhythm and beat at the end of each episode, with some shows you just can't wait for the credits to be over because the music was terrible but with this music I just kept wanting to listen because I enjoyed it so much. As for the background music, I feel that it suited the shows atmosphere well.

I was a little disappointed with how the show ended though, it didn't really give me any resolve. Usually with shows where romantic interest shows between two characters you'd expect something to happen by the end. I guess they were trying to go for a different aspect of "love" in this show. Being that the love that a family shares is an amazing power on its own. Though it's not the ending I would have hoped for, it's the ending I got so unless they plan on continuing the series I'll just have to except it. One last thing I'd like to admire was the little scenes after the credits at the very end. The scenes where a few of the major characters sat at a table to have their repentance and decide which among them will recieve a punishment. They stopped adding this little scene at the end of each episode about half way through the series, it made me laugh and gave me something to look forward to at the end of each episode, I just wish they had contiued it till the end.

Arcana Famiglia is a single-season anime based on a visual novel series by the same name. The story revolves around Felicita, the daughter of the family's Papa, and soon-to-be-bride of the winner of the Arcana Duello. Felicita, like many in her family, has made a contract with a Tarot card that gives her special abilities.

The lowest score for this anime has to come from the story. But it's not really the anime's fault. It's the game on which the anime is based. The game centers on Felicita, and her emotions. So, while the other characters are tackling some major backstory, Felicita is still trying to befriend the rest of the Arcana family. So, while everyone has these awesome powers, they are barely showcased because no one wants to use their powers on the boss's daughter. If the anime had deviated from the game and run with the powers aspect, the show might have had a much better story, in my opinion. Personally, I would have liked to see the middle generation's (Debito, Pace, and Laca) stories expanded.

The animation is clean and neatly put together. I mean just look at Debito and his face.

I'm one of those that skips through the opening and endings of anime because I'm rude. Thus, I don't have a lot to say about the music. I will say that I didn't feel any of the background music wasn't suited for the situation. It fit together well.

I feel the characters were not given the full treatment by the story. All of them feel slightly incomplete, whether because the backstories weren't fully explained or something else, I'm not sure. But from what there is in the anime, the characters are likeable and dynamic.

Overall, I was slightly disappointed in the anime, but I still liked it.

It's an opinion. Not a criticism.

Story: I liked the basic story, it was interesting, and original. But that story is lost in the meantime. So, what did we see? The both boy love the one girl. This is discussed in 3-10 episode. I hoped in that, there will be action, fight, and excitement, but it did not happen. Another thing, 12 episode is too few (by far) for this anime.
(Only me think that it's like the Kuroshitsuji a bit?)

Animation: I don't have any problems with it.

Sound: The opening, and the ending was good for me, and nothing more. The characters voices... when (example) Nova is child(in the memories), why he has deep voice?

Characters: I liked them all. Only one thing that really bothered me...
Felicitá; if she was agressive in the first, and the second episode, why all of a sudden became so dear with everyone?

Overall, I think a good anime could have been, if they do not spoil with a love story.
What a waste.

(My opinion everyone)

First off I want to say, I can see why some people didn't like it, but I did.

The story was amazing but I also felt like it lacked something... I wanted a bit more action but other than that I felt like it was an awesome storyline and it was unique apart from using Tarot cards which I think other Anime have used.

The Animation and Sound was not a problem to me bar the fact the Dubbed voice of Felicitá was a tad annoying at times.

I really loved the main three characters; Felicitá, Nova and Libertà. Nova and Libertà's relationship develops so much throughout the anime and I really loved that. The only problem I had with the characters was the fact I wanted more storylines to the other main characters for example I wanted to know more about Dante

Overall I really loved this Anime but wished that a few things were different and of course, I wished it would have been longer.

9.5/10 sound