La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia

Alt title: Arcana Famiglia

DreamEaterHiro's avatar By on Jan 9, 2016

Arcana Famiglia is an anime that revolves around a young girl named Felicita. Felicita is the daughter of Mondo who is the father or "Papa" of the family also known as the Arcana Famiglia.Not only have Felicita and Mondo made a contract with the Tarot cards, the entire family has as well. These Tarots or "Arcana Powers" equip the family with special abilities unique to each of the 22 main Tarot cards. The family uses these gained abilities to help the people around them and keep those dear to them safe on the Island of Regalo.

I do feel like there were too many major characters for such a short anime. They have done a great job with the different personalities of each as well as going deeper into the back story of the three main characters, Felicita, Nova and Liberta, I was fully satisfied with the way these characters were developed throughout the series. And once again Luci Christian does a great job of voice acting Felicita for the English Dub. But as for the other characters such as the three childhood friends, Luca, Pace and Debito there was a great back story for them but i feel that there could have been more for the older characters such as Mondo, Jolly, and Sumire.

I've got to say at the beginning of this anime I wasn't a fan of Novas voice. It was obvious that it was a woman voice acting a male character, I felt that the voice wasn't well suited to the character. But as I continued watching the show the voice somehow began to fit as if the character was meant to have that voice, I guess I had just gotten used to it. I cannot say that for some of the minor character roles such as Martha who was the cook. The voice actor was obviously a male attemping to do a womans voice, and doing a bad job, it was quite disturbing actually. As well as Fran the Cat, owned by Federica, and the Owl, owned by the Arcana Familglia. Though they did not have voices the animal sounds were quite off, maybe it was just me.

The Animation was great and well put together. I'm always impressed with what J.C.Staff puts together. Their other works such as A Certain Magical Index and Toradora were awesome as well.

The Opening theme music I did enjoy but I felt that even though it suited this show well that it could have been louder and more in your face since this is an acton based anime. But like I said I really did enjoy the Opening music as well as the Ending. I loved the rhythm and beat at the end of each episode, with some shows you just can't wait for the credits to be over because the music was terrible but with this music I just kept wanting to listen because I enjoyed it so much. As for the background music, I feel that it suited the shows atmosphere well.

I was a little disappointed with how the show ended though, it didn't really give me any resolve. Usually with shows where romantic interest shows between two characters you'd expect something to happen by the end. I guess they were trying to go for a different aspect of "love" in this show. Being that the love that a family shares is an amazing power on its own. Though it's not the ending I would have hoped for, it's the ending I got so unless they plan on continuing the series I'll just have to except it. One last thing I'd like to admire was the little scenes after the credits at the very end. The scenes where a few of the major characters sat at a table to have their repentance and decide which among them will recieve a punishment. They stopped adding this little scene at the end of each episode about half way through the series, it made me laugh and gave me something to look forward to at the end of each episode, I just wish they had contiued it till the end.

hamletsmage's avatar By on Jan 7, 2016

Arcana Famiglia is a single-season anime based on a visual novel series by the same name. The story revolves around Felicita, the daughter of the family's Papa, and soon-to-be-bride of the winner of the Arcana Duello. Felicita, like many in her family, has made a contract with a Tarot card that gives her special abilities.

The lowest score for this anime has to come from the story. But it's not really the anime's fault. It's the game on which the anime is based. The game centers on Felicita, and her emotions. So, while the other characters are tackling some major backstory, Felicita is still trying to befriend the rest of the Arcana family. So, while everyone has these awesome powers, they are barely showcased because no one wants to use their powers on the boss's daughter. If the anime had deviated from the game and run with the powers aspect, the show might have had a much better story, in my opinion. Personally, I would have liked to see the middle generation's (Debito, Pace, and Laca) stories expanded.

The animation is clean and neatly put together. I mean just look at Debito and his face.

Adorable.

I'm one of those that skips through the opening and endings of anime because I'm rude. Thus, I don't have a lot to say about the music. I will say that I didn't feel any of the background music wasn't suited for the situation. It fit together well.

I feel the characters were not given the full treatment by the story. All of them feel slightly incomplete, whether because the backstories weren't fully explained or something else, I'm not sure. But from what there is in the anime, the characters are likeable and dynamic.

Overall, I was slightly disappointed in the anime, but I still liked it.

aznlilpeace's avatar By on Aug 15, 2015

this anime had so much potential. the developers went through so much trouble to list out every ones powers and abilities (which got me super excited) only for show. all the way towards the end, you don't really see any of that being used. theres hardly any action and if there were "fight scenes" it would be a quick pow and sparks and punching and its all over.NOONE USES THEIR ABILITIES. or you don't actually see it being used. the story is really rushed and there were no romantic developments. it was just 2 guys who actually liked the main character. in the end she picks none of them as she watches them both fighting (mostly just hear back ground music). i feel no connection to this anime. and all the other guys were hardly secondary characters. they were basically the back ground. espcially towards the end you see theme fighting for felicita they got knockd out one by one without actual fight. maybe the developers were rushed or whatsoever, but this anime lacked a lot

Esztichan's avatar By on Apr 7, 2015

It's an opinion. Not a criticism.

Story: I liked the basic story, it was interesting, and original. But that story is lost in the meantime. So, what did we see? The both boy love the one girl. This is discussed in 3-10 episode. I hoped in that, there will be action, fight, and excitement, but it did not happen. Another thing, 12 episode is too few (by far) for this anime.
(Only me think that it's like the Kuroshitsuji a bit?)

Animation: I don't have any problems with it.

Sound: The opening, and the ending was good for me, and nothing more. The characters voices... when (example) Nova is child(in the memories), why he has deep voice?

Characters: I liked them all. Only one thing that really bothered me...
Felicitá; if she was agressive in the first, and the second episode, why all of a sudden became so dear with everyone?

Overall, I think a good anime could have been, if they do not spoil with a love story.
What a waste.

TallyCrow's avatar By on Jul 21, 2014

(My opinion everyone)

First off I want to say, I can see why some people didn't like it, but I did.

The story was amazing but I also felt like it lacked something... I wanted a bit more action but other than that I felt like it was an awesome storyline and it was unique apart from using Tarot cards which I think other Anime have used.

The Animation and Sound was not a problem to me bar the fact the Dubbed voice of Felicitá was a tad annoying at times.

I really loved the main three characters; Felicitá, Nova and Libertà. Nova and Libertà's relationship develops so much throughout the anime and I really loved that. The only problem I had with the characters was the fact I wanted more storylines to the other main characters for example I wanted to know more about Dante

Overall I really loved this Anime but wished that a few things were different and of course, I wished it would have been longer.

9.5/10 sound