Kuroko's Basketball

noah1212's avatar By noah1212 on Jun 11, 2012

Kuroko's Basketball focuses on a school that only formed one year prior to when the story takes place. While the team didn't do well, they regarded their first year a personal victory as they weren't expected to do much at all.

The story follows this team as they recruit an American basketball prodigy with loads of potential, and Kurok the "sixth man" of the "miracle of generations", a squad considered to be the most talented basketball team assembled ever. Kuroko's real talent is less about making himself a good player, and more about using his talents to increase the play of the players around him, this makes him a perfect fit on an ambitious squad that wants to work well as a team.

Story - 9 - The idea of Kuroko playing against the five super stars he was once on a team with and trying to beat them using tenacity and teamwork rather than superstardom and raw talent is quite interesting. It makes the series a real underdog story, and a treat to watch. The story moves at an extremely fast pace, which is really necasarry for a sports themed anime. The show also has some very funny and well timed comedic moments, which not only are entertaining, but draw you closer to the characters within the anime. The one knock on the story line is it follows the same formula many sports animes do.

Sound - 10 - Music selection and sound effects are perfect for the anime, they are unique almost every episode, so the music doesnt lose its ability to hype up the viewer or add to the anime. The sneakers squeaking on the court, pitter patter of running, and ringing sensation after a dunk are all present and executed as one would expect.

Animation - 10 - The Animation is very interesting to look at, and it adds a lot to the anime as a whole, its very bright and elaborate. The lines and designs of the characters help illustrate their personality and at times the anime feels like its popping out of the screen. This may be the most visualy please anime i have ever seen. Every little detail is accounted for, and used correctly. I.e. a player with tremendous speed gets low to the floor and as he accelerates quickly his jersey puffs out a bit off his back. ankles turning and twisting as they would for a real life basketball player, nets swishing, its all accounted for and executed flawlessly.

Characters - 8 - The characters are all well done, especially considering how many well thought out character designs there are. Though, as with most sports animes the character creativity is limited because of how focused the subject at hand is. Somehow, the series really does make the characters its own though, and they are all very interesting and have several dimensions to them beyond just what they can do on the basketball court.

The struggles the players are forced to deal with as a team and individually really adds a ton of depth to the series and its very fun to watch all of them progress, even through the short 18 episode series we are currently left with. The pace of this anime is so fast and it really keeps you engrossed and interested each and every episode.

TheRedWarrior's avatar By TheRedWarrior on Oct 23, 2012

Well for the story theres no deep down complicating plot its just this highschool student who wants to beat the generation of miracles and with the help with his friend he thinks he can do that. Soo these 2 high school students just keep training to become better and better wich in my opinion it is really interesting watching them train and beat these strong high school teams when their school has only been formed for 2 years.

Animation:

As for animation the characters look and hair style and stuff really benefits theyre personality i think they did really well. The way they show the characters moves on the basketball court is really well done.

Sound:

For sound its just the basic sounds of shoes squeeking and basketballs bouncing for people not used to it it can be quite annoying but i dont really mind both the opening and ending are decent.

Most of the Characters in this anime are all really developpe and interesting they all have there own story behind which makes this anime even better. They did really well to developpe characters in a really fast paced anime.

Overall:

I really recommend this anime if you do like sports anime and such you really might get goosebumps like i have during this show they are really some parts that are truly amazing :D. I cant wait for the second season.

x264titan's avatar By x264titan on Mar 31, 2013

Let me tell you the most important thing first. I don't really like basketball that much and if you are anything like me then I can tell you this: Don't ignore this anime just because you are not a fan of basketball!
The story basically involves new students entering Seirin High to be a part of the basketball team. Out of these students the most important ones are Kagami Taiga & Kuroko Tetsuya who happen to be the main characters. They are completely different but they work together along with the team to achieve their goals. There's a lot of comedy along the way too. Kuroko & 5 other players were actually a part of a team which were given the title "The Generation of Miracles" in middle school and they become his opponents after he joins Seirin.
The matches between Kuroko's current team and the teams of his old mates are all completely different from each other and at the same time each one of those matches is incredible to watch!
The skills of all the players will make you go "Woah!" without a doubt.
Not the best art but still good. I really liked the OP's and ED's. I feel that they were really good. The OST is good too.
The characters are amazing, especially Kuroko! The way they play basketball as a team, the funny moments they are involved in & even the supporting characters from other teams play a crucial role and it's just so wonderful to watch them.
Lots of fun and all the episodes keep you entertained whether they're playing basketball or not.
A very good series overall.

animeloversrule's avatar By animeloversrule on Oct 12, 2013

This is a really good anime. I love it because it has a good story line to it because it follows one main plot/story line and they stick to it instead of adding in alot of filler epsiodes like other animes do. I like the animation of this anime because it is really good and there are alot of details to it. The sound of the anime is good because of the music and the voices of some of the characters. The characters of this anime are really awesome people, but some of the people I wish that I never meet because they are so curel but others are really terific. I also like that they are basketball players.

8.5/10 story
8.5/10 sound
9.5/10 characters
tennis101101's avatar By tennis101101 on Nov 23, 2013

This is a really good anime. I love this anime because it has a really good story line to it. I love that the main characters have one main goal that they have to get to. Although I don't like that sometimes there are some "filler" kind of episodes because it just disrups the flow of the main story line. The animation of this anime is so awesomely epic. I love the details of the characters and the scenary. I like the songs that they have in this anime. I also love the voices of some of the characters. I love most of the character because they are really awesome people. But there are some characters that I don't like and they should just disaper and never come back.

8.5/10 story