Kiss x Sis TV

arkanox's avatar By arkanox on Apr 7, 2012

What sets this apart from the rest of the ecchi/romance/comedy genre is the family situation that the main character has to deal with. In the majority of ecchi anime there are no parents and the siblings if present typically play a background role. On top of that there is no supernatural or technological premise that forms the harem: its just good old fashioned teenage hormones.

In Kiss x Sis the parents actively encourage the semi-taboo relationship between Keita and his step sisters. On top of that the parents are super affectionate towards each other (to put it mildly).  In some episoded the parents' antics stole the show, and that was a refreshing departure from the same old harem member rivalry typical of most shows in the genre.

Aliens, vampires and zombies are fun but if you want something a bit more human flavored in your ecchi diet check this series out!

lintphishx's avatar By lintphishx on Apr 21, 2010

Kiss x Sis, for those not familiar with the story, is about a boy named Keita who has two older step-sisters, Ako and Riko, both of which have a more than sisterly relationship with him. Crazy-incestuous-love-triangle-fun ensues as the sisters try and battle over his heart in a Slice-of-Life Romance Comedy with lots of Ecchi. .

We have a fair amount of eye candy to buffer or minds from the story... which is at best, sketchy. I mean they skirt the issue of true incest by making the relationship of step-siblings rather than blood relations. (But that would probably not be an acceptable form of entertainment for the masses.) The main focus of each episode isn't to further the plot but to see what kinda cute, crazy, funny things the sisters will do to try and get into Keita's pants... or him in their pants. But innocence usually prevails and they just settle for heavy petting.  Keita doesn't resist and his parents are OK with the behavior so there's no real tension until the other sister catches the one who's all over him, then repremands the two. There's a lot of potential for emotional conflict with the loving sisters and their relationship with one another and I won't say that's not going to happen.  Infact I expect it to eventually.  Still, so far, it's the same patter for each episode and if you like that kinda repetition in story then it'll work for you. This one pretty much gives you what you want but there's the one catch that makes it kinda worth it. It's the constant wonder of which girl he's going to end up picking because, unlike Lay's brand potato chips, he can only have one. Well, legally speaking of course. I don't see anyone dying anytime soon. Nor do I see a plot twist or Mind Effing. I wouldn't be surprised if the girls end up with Keita's disembodied head somehow... but it's unlikely.

Everything in this anime looks cute. The colors are vibrant and happy, the animation is pretty smooth, and the girls are sexy in a cute teeny way. Keita and his male friends, to me, seem a bit generic. The males could use an makeover in my opinon but they are still watchable. The art and animation are not cheap in any particular way but don't stand out a lot either. There is much emphasis on kissing between Keita and the girls kiss. To the point of sickeningly sloppy deep kissing and that is sometimes a goodthing, other times not so much. Lots of cosplay fun and typical moe goods cover this anime like glitter... Otaku Fun Glitter!

Everyone in this anime has a positive personality for the most part. It's all about cute, happy or funny. That means there could be improvement for character development at this point. We see a hell of a lot of Keita, Ako, and Riko but I'm sure that will change. The other characters who may serve as a love interest to Keita haven't been totally established yet Granted there are only 3 episodes so far and I'm sure when the others have their stories things will be more interesting. They do put more emphasis on the girls in this one but that's to be expected to an extent in a harem style anime.

The soundtrack here is typical. Happy electro J-Pop with cute girl vocals and generic anime ambient tracks make up the music score for this one. Nothing extraordinary went into this aspect. I always wonder how they do the foley for kissing scenes...

Given the fact that I read the manga I kinda know what happens later... but it's given a twist, that much I can tell you. I can't say anything wonderful or horrible about it. I think anyone who likes silly ecchi comedies will find this fitting. This anime is the TV version of an established story, that like most, started as a manga and also has an ongoing OVA series. The main difference of this series, the OVA, and manga is that it follows a different story line, like many other variant series based on an established storyline. It's not exactly “tamed down” but the Ecchi is more implicit or covered up. There's a lot more erotic kissing and innuendo to make up for OVA style Ecchi or fan service you normally wouldn't see on TV. More humor and slightly more story make up the rest of the show. It's kinda cute and fairly solid for a Slice-of-Life type series but certainly not for kids!  I'm not even sure how this is on TV... Well, the OVA is a lot more explicit... but still I'm suprised what they get away with on TV in Japan, yet also what they censor is inversely crazy.

ProjectBlackRai's avatar By ProjectBlackRai on Apr 12, 2011

Kiss x Sis is a pretty strange story to begin with. Essentially, the main male character, Keita, has two twin sisters that are not actually blood related to him. They want him in the worst way but he's very reluctant at first. As the series progresses, he starts to act a little mor impulsively as he tries to get into their high school so they can all be together.

The story isn't TOO bad but it doesn't really develop too much. There's nothing of any real consequence going on but that doesn't mean that it's not enjoyable. There is a great deal of sexual content that ALMOST reaches the level of an H-type anime. Almost.

The animation is actually quite good. It's not done half way and all the characters are given the same attention. It's not perfect since some of the backgrounds are pretty bare but overall it's nice.

Sound quality is excellent. It's clear without any noticable distortions or odd sounds. The soundtrack fits the anime well. One of the things that gets to me, however, is the over exaggerated sound effects you hear at times. An example would be the slurping of tea.

The three main characters are Keita, Ako-nee and Riko-nee. Development between the three happens pretty quickly, expecially since the series is only 12 episodes long. They blend well with each other and the secondary characters so you really don't see a large clash.

Overall

If you like this kind of anime, then it's worth seeing. If you're looking for an H-type anime, this isn't it. It's a fun series to watch while you're waiting for the one you really want to watch to download.

My overall score for the anime was calculated using a standard average calculation. ((Story + Animation + Sound + Characters)/4))

XxZeroeZxX's avatar By XxZeroeZxX on Oct 6, 2010

Incest! Incest! Incest!
(you might notice this is a pun)

Let's take a moment to infer what we should expect from a series entitled kiss x sis. Well, there's going to be kissing involved and the main character is probably gonna have a sister. So it's certainly safe to say there's incest involved which begets ecchi which begets comedy/ awkward situations. Well kiss x sis does you one better, there are two sisters and they're both crazy for Keita (the brother). Technically speaking there isn't an overkill of ecchi in this series; I mean there isn't any nudity... But there's a lot of everything else. Incest abound, the twin sisters (Riko and Ako) serve no other purpose but to try and get into Keita's pants. In other words, the implied ecchi is pretty legit. I've watched a lot of ech series, and hens way more hardcore than this of course, but this is one of the few things that at times I actually felt dirty watching. Maybe the incest got to me; I suppose I really haven't watched any other series where incest was the main theme. I mean, chocolate lipstick... 'nuff said, that scene was way hot. Then there's the tutoring Ako gives Keita... did it just get warmer in here? Seriously, there are a few scenes that are just a ridiculous level of raunchy. I didn't mention the worst of it cause it really wouldn't be appropriate. So other than the incest (with a little ech com sprinkled in) what else comes to mind from this series... ... ... umm, there's that girl that pees on Keita, then he cleans it up and sniffs the towel. I'm sorry if these seem like spoilers, but I'm just trying to put up some red flags. This series is very inappropriate. Moving on, the story... ... ... umm, he's trying the get into the same high school as his sisters? Who cares? The characters... ... ... I kinda liked the teacher I guess cause she's a closet otaku with a weird fetish for Warring States Era generals. Also, one thing I just want to throw out there, Why does Riko always have that band-aid on her left cheek? Food for thought. Other comments... ... ... I think the ending theme is really funny, the opening is ok. Overall... maybe a 5.5 out of 10. It was entertaining, but let's not kid ourselves here.

6.5/10 characters
5.5/10 overall
TheSmashgamer's avatar By TheSmashgamer on Nov 24, 2011

This is too funny! As soon as I put it on I was hooked, it has just that easy too watch feel because of the length, fast paced characters and corny scenes like with the Parents. If there was an awkwardness meter it would EXPLODE with this anime. The most awkward moment are where Ako or Riko are alone with Keita and they want each other so badly but fell so wrong about it, then they kiss and what-not then the other sister happens to see it then get's jealous, then the same situation happens then jealousy again etc.

Anyway if you like Comedy and Ecchi-ness this anime should be perfect for you. Also if you do like it check out the ongoing OVA Series!