Kiss x Sis TV

kingofdemons's avatar By on May 28, 2015

Story: So for this show it was a little weird, I mean the whole brother sister thing ya still I love how they did the story and everything else but just the whole brother sister thing just got me a little like I did not want to wacth it any more, BUT stiill it is a good anime but that one thing ^_^

Animation: So for me it was good not really good for the standard dvd, to me it just look to blury and then they how to add the shiny looking skin and dam it just made it lower then standard, but it is still watch able

Sound: The sound was good but for one part of the show like EP 7 OR 9 I cant remember but in the frist part when the opening was done the voice's got low for a sec, but then when back to good old goodness

Characters: The to main Characters where ok I mean who would not want to stepsisters to be all over you, but at the same time why where annoying and that set me off a little. The one's that I like the most where Miharu MIKUNI and Yuuzuki KIRYUU they where my favs hehe

8.6/10 animation
9.9/10 sound
8.2/10 characters
7.7/10 overall
LllamaAnna's avatar By on Feb 15, 2015

I watched this with my perverted couisn. He claimed this is real anime. After he made me sit through all that with him he asked if I wanted to watch Boku No Pico. I honestly hate him as much as i hate the show.

Slayare's avatar By on Apr 23, 2014

Well-written story and characters. The animation itself was overall well, and as it stands I find there are no negatives about this show. However, some of the situations the characters find themselves in are somewhat sceptical.

9.5/10 story
9.6/10 overall
Madoka's avatar By on Mar 9, 2013

Kiss x Sis (TV)

Right then i will as always do my best to keep this as close to spoiler free as possible whilst offering as much helpful information as i can.

So starting with the story/plot line:

The simple version of this story is that Keita (our protagonist) is a Middle School student who is striving his best to achieve the needed grades to get into the high school of his choice, which is also the high school his twin sisters attend. Yes Keita has two sister who are twins, Ako and Riko, now before i say anything more i should make it aparant these aren't his real sisters (don't worry this isn't a spoiler it states this in episode 01). These sisters both are in love with Kieta and consider one another love rivals but also work together to gain Keita's affection. As Keita works hard on the studies he is constantly side tracked by the 'charm' of his sisters, from Riko's pervy jokes and forced situations to Ako's study sessions consisting of writing information accross her body he must focus his mind to his studies. Whilst his sisters understand he needs to study this doesn't stop them trying to sneak into his bed for the night but they do honestly want him to pass, they just get lonely without him. The sister shared a strong bond with Keita since they was younger (explained through several memory scenes i won’t cover for spoiler safety reasons) and now having grown older and mature have both come to love him.

Unfortunately for Keita school isn't much of a haven either (his sisters are one year ahead in high school so they aren't in his school anymore), from his friends who are jealous of his home life and make sure he knows it (rather pervy) to his underclassman who insists on what it makes seem winning his heart... by gladly flipping her skit for him, to his classmates who just casually find themselves constantly stuck (sometimes literally) in tight situations with him... resulting in her weak bladder to kick in, either way keita is always kept on his toes in his life.

For me the story was decent, i like how its holding a true message of a Japanese student as they earn their path into high school and shows how tough a struggle their final year in primary/Middle School (which ever you call it) really is. So besides holding a true message i quite liked the dedication his sisters hold to him, even if it is expressed oddly.

Righty i never have much to write here so as always i will keep it simple. The animation was quite nice in the anime, though character designs are simple (not really simple but not the top high end stuff) it’s clear some good work was put into the animation work. The animation its self is quite consistent and doesn't drop loose frames or bad shots, infact a lot of background art work was very good and i actually found no real problems to speak off so i was quite happy with animation.

The OP/ED to say the least is catch, actually after the first episode i had the ED stuck in my head for days, i also found myself catching onto the OP tune after only 3 episodes humming them both on the bus sometimes, so very catchy tunes and some well suited tracks to the series as well. For background music, a lot of it felt well placed, i can't say i loved all tracks but they still worked well and i think they did do well for music.

Right then, our main two twins Rico and Ako, to me i quite liked these 2 (im a Riko kind of guy though, i felt Ako got more screen time as well which made me sad) but anyway on with them. Riko is apparently the more 'daring' and 'perverted' of the twins (though later it's hinted Ako is more perverted, this isn't a spoiler as you will see anyway), she is usually more calm in situations and plays teasing jokes and pranks to make people uncomfortable but actually she is quite sweet and caring and actually at times shy. Ako is more calm and steady with these jokes but can be quite uncomfortable a lot of the time, she is skilled in the kitchen and is the smartest of the two twins which she likes to use against Riko at times. The two have their differences but when it comes to Keita they both normally can come to work as one (except the constant attempts to be 'alone' with him). The two are dedicated and well worked. Keita as a main character is simple to me, he gets carried with the mood sometimes but he tries his best to hold back restraint, this is a little more lacking in the OVA's however. There are also some good jokes played in some our side characters, energetic ones to the shame―filled girl who can't help but want to take a leek on Keita. I would go into details but it’s too long). In all i like the mix of characters and i think the characters are what makes this anime, a good mix of different ones works well together and we get some good enjoyment from them all.

Overall i really enjoyed the aspect the anime held on the exams topic, i also felt the sisters made good for some comedy being put into the series. Actually my biggest problem was the fact the side characters didn't get enough screen time, in both the anime and OVA's i really liked Mikazuki and sadly she didn't appear to much so i was a little let down, also Keita's friends annoy the hell out of me, but its alright as we don't need to see them to often. With some good animations and sound i think the characters and story merged together quite well as a whole. Another thing i liked was the fact the anime stayed fairly close to its story (of course with all the ecchi things happening to) considering it's a strong ecchi which comes close to pushing limits (OVA its borderline Hentai in my opinion) and did a good job merging them all.

I quite enjoyed watching the series, would have loved some more episodes of the high school life but the OVA's are still (slowly) ongoing so all isn't lost i guess.

A Decent anime overall for me though.

Ecchi note:

Just a quick edit in, i forgot to mention its Ecchi side. The anime holds a lot of perverted scenes which are quite heavy ecchi based, the content most not suited for anyone under 16, though the anime does contain a few ecchi scenes (i don't believe it actually features any full exposure to breasts or the alike but i can't assure this, im just 90% certain) the scenes it does contain usually provide a laugh and otherwise i don't think should stop one from viewing the series, but that of course is from the prespective of someone who doesn't mind ecchi anime (Im not saying i love or hate them, i watch them if its something i want to watch, like any other genre).

7.5/10 animation
8.5/10 sound
Komirai's avatar By on Oct 3, 2012

The story revolves around a junior-high student. Keita is your average, easy to relate to guy struggling to get his grades at a certain level, so he can go to the same school as his sisters. Yeah, his twin-sisters. Actually, they aren't blood related, but their parents married while they were still young. Now normally that wouldn't be much of a problem, but this time both are madly in love with him. Throughout the anime, they both try to win his heart, often causing him to fail at what is trying to. As the story continues, he gets more and more interested in them, and that even results in a few spicy scenes. Well...what am I saying? I guess you could say this anime has quite a bit borderline hentai scenes. Now don't think because of that, this anime is bad, because it isn't. It's very lighthearted and enjoyable, just as anime like this should be!

That said, the animation is great, unlike most (borderline) hentai anime. The characters and background are animated well, and I'm quite fond of the colouring. I haven't found many scenes where characters are moving awkwardly, or anything alike. Sometimes though, especially when scenes get a little more sexual, you'll notice the occasional flaw, or at least the really hentai-like kissing. But seeing there's more than enough good animation to make op for that, i don't really mind at all. And I'm sure most people considering to watch this one wouldn't either.

Both OP en ED are incredibly catchy. After a few episodes i found myself humming the ED while showering. I can't say I'm really proud of that, but you get my point. The voice acting is pretty good. The two girls are equipped with the required -and well preformed- "little girl" voices, and just hearing Ken Takeuchi voicing Keita is usually more then enough to feel his awkwardness. I saw the OVA before, but still wasn't expecting much of the voice acting, but i can say I'm positively surprised.

The characters aren't special, but certainly not bad. Keita is the typical "harem-anime lead", spending most of his time fantasizing about the girls, or doing things with them he normally fantasizes about. Ako is the mature sister, who cooks for the family, has good grades etc. Riko is a more of a childish and playful type. Although you'll sometimes ask yourself what their differences are, they are especially visable when seducing Keita.

To fill in some of the blank spots, there are some filler characters. I must say they are pretty well made. There's a group of guys who represent Keita's school friends. They constantly point out Keita's luck to have two hot sisters to love him, often causing Keita to fantasize about his sisters himself. There is also a loli who seems to have a crush on him. And we have Ako's teacher, who's also aforementioned loli's sister, an Otaku who tries to make Keita, Ako and Riko see their incestuous tendencies, are wrong. Their parents also have a small role. They're very stereotypical parents, except for the fact that dad encourages their love, and especially Keita's manliness. Last but not least we have Miharu Mikuni, a shy, glasses wearing, big-titted girl, who does the best job providing us with some interesting comedy.

Overall I think this is a more than decent anime. The main reason to watch this would be the hot brother-sister action you might be into, but i mostly decided to finish it because it just is a very entertaining anime.

So, if you're looking for an easy going anime, and wouldn't mind some interesting sexual scenes, this might be the anime you're looking for.

7.8/10 overall