Kaze no Stigma

SerenityJay's avatar By on Jul 23, 2014

As much as I REALLY liked the concept and story of this anime, and even some of thecharacters(Particularly Ren who was just adorable) there were certain things that I just couldn't get past.

1) I'm not much for foolish love stuff messing with an actiony anime

2) I'm pretty sure the main love interests are COUSINS and therefore I was really disapproving

3) Ayano, despite her improving slowly, was obnoxious and Kazuma never really changed. Each had good points, but this issue was that other than Ren, who matures during some of his screentime, there wasn't a lot of change. Ayano is still a ridiculously overpowered, over emotional, jealous, and annoying teenage girl. Kazuma is a jerk for messing with her and doing so CONSTANTLY, REALLY ridiculously overpowered, and kind of flat emotionally which, as refreshign as it is from Ayano's over the top-ness, was boring.

If it had just been about a family of magic users and their battles in the magical world, I probably would have really liked it, it was still GOOD, but, the romantic aspects and lack of change in character I saw really put me off, and I don't really know if I want to continue it.

ilubsanime's avatar By on Feb 5, 2012

The first few episodes start out strong with a story that got me hooked right away. I thought the series was going to be pretty good, but after about 6 or so episodes it starts to go in random directions with mini-arcs that don't seem to follow a general path. It felt like a few mini-stories compacted in together (with the first one being great and then the next ones not being as good). I also felt the ending didn't give the story justice.

So far as the characters go I felt that they didn't dive into kazuma's past enough. They did some, but there is one thing that really should have been explained more. 8O.

Overall I'd give it about 6.5/10.

6.5/10 story
Komirai's avatar By on Oct 3, 2012

Kaze no Stigma is a fun anime if you're interested into this genre. Battles, magic, comedy, kick-ass moments, KnS has it all.

The story is fair, not really impressive since for me it was predictable towards the end. The "main" plot starts later in the series as the first 3/4 is filled with random missions and somewhat fillers like hotspring episodes and so on. Even though the lack of main plot overall disappointed me, I found the story overall satisfying.

Art
The characters are very nicely drawn, you can clearly see this is a 2007 anime. Effects are good, from flames to wind and other unleashed powers; plus the characters are drawn good enough for any fan to enjoy the art. Even though it's no better than other 2007 animes, it clearly has it's own attractiveness for me.

Not much to comment on this area, the sound is fair enough, soundtrack fits the mood all of the time and the opening song is quite catchy once you listen to it. I liked the idea of two ending songs/sequences since it changed with the atmosphere of the episode. Overall it was fine with me.

Character
The characters were great, I loved them. KnS has it all: the tsundere, the athlete, the rich lady (from America, though speaks English like hell), the lolita and so on. To my surprise, the guys have cool personalities as well, the main lead taking the title of one of the most kick-ass characters, you're gonna like his style. Nothing else to say here, the characters are probably the strong point of this anime.

Overall I rounded up to around 8. I think it was pretty great and I don't regret seeing it. The main lead remains one of my favorite characters. It's a good thing they have an open end so I really hope for a sequel. That's about it.

7.8/10 overall
lovelyblonde's avatar By on May 31, 2013

So I had started this series on Netflix when it was first released and got board by episodes 5-7 (the Misao stoy line).  Recently I went back and watched it but skipped the second story line. So much better! Fell in love with the whole cast and loved the story lines! So for those who started this series and got bogged down by the second line (episodes 5-7) just power though the 3 episodes or skip it cause this is a beautiful story with a lot of laughs and some well placed tears!!

TallyCrow's avatar By on Dec 20, 2013

This anime was really good, and it wasn't like what I expected. (And being a big fan of shakugan no Shana... for a while every time I heard the main girl speak all I could say or think was "is that you Shana”)

The storyline was unique and different to other storylines that I have come across which made this really good and so close to perfect.

The animations in this were amazing and right for the anime.

The characters are very... unique as well and very interesting to say the least. I love the main guy (Kazuma) the best as he has a very strange but funny personality.

My overall opinion on this anime is that I loved it and it was so close to perfect (I wished it was longer or a second season :( )