K

on

Okay, so k Project. . . was pretty good.  I look at the length of anime, and often times 12 episodes is not enough to get much done.  However K Project was suprisingly good.  It covered a full story with plenty of twists for a 12 episode series.  The only reason I didnt give this a 10 was because there was a lot of lore that they didnt cover ( 3 whole clans werent included).  However they are making a movie called " the lost kings" so hopefull that will cover everything that was not in the series.

I was skeptical about it at first, the first 3 episodes left you with nothing but questions.  However it started picking up very quickly.  Suddenly things are getting crazy and little bits of information are being let out until. . . bam the tip top of the climax.  Truly great story.

Story:  Fantastic, gave it a 10 because it earned it.  Especially for a 12 episode series it was well done with good pacing.

Animation: Great, I only wish I had watched in better res, but I supposed I should buy the anime to do that.  It was worth watching so I will probably buy it after I buy a bunch of others on the chopping block :P

Sound:  Sometimes the music did not match the scene.  For example combat music seemed too mellow at times.

Characters:  Great characters, especially with the voice actors that were chosen to play the roles.  I have yet to see an anime that can build a characters profile in less then about 15 minutes and then make you want to cry  when he bites it big.  Seriously

Overall:  please go watch this one.  If you are looking for something nice to watch right now that isnt too long but is pretty satisfying then this one is for you.

on

Lets do a bit of a role call:

1. main character with no idea whats actually happening around him, also he hasd a lot of hidden powers - check

2. silent, strange, samurai character who basically becomes a bodyguard -check

3. cute little cat, who si actually a girl with special powers – check

4. the girl is naked half the time and they dont have the balls to make it uncensored – check

And as you can all see, we have the most common recipe for a mediocre anime. Well, at least they had the budget part right.

Story: starts out decent, looks interesting. Fullwith logical loopholes. Example: our samurai wants to kill the main character because thats his misson and stops because he is fucking hungry!! I am not making this up. Half az episode is a chase and they stop to eat! Seriously….The ideas they have are not bad. But everything feels so random. hey knew that so aspects were interesting, like the amnesia part or the cat/girl with the cool powers, but they didnt know how to include them. Things just appear out of the blue. The ideas were good, but they were lazy to create a truly coherent story. It was for the money, not to create something of artistic value. A bit about the ending: SPOILER ALERT – the whole thing is a logical mess: the silver king is supposed to be eternal and immortal, so even when his body is destroyed, his soul should inhabit something.  Somewhere I read that there will be a sequel,they probably planned to reintroduce the silver king in a new body(probably with amnesia again), buti f it doesnt happen, then the ending of K will be one of the most illogical and stupid ones out there. You have a rival, Berserk! 4/10

Animation: Really interesting. Usually when they make something this vivid and colorful, they go over the top and ruin it(No Game No Life – LSD nightmare), but herethey somehow managed to balance it just right and it doesnt become annoying or cause headaches. . They are obviously capable of creating great scenes, altough sometimes they dont. Small portions of fight scenes for example are awesome, but most of it is uncoreographed and confusing. Example: blue and red ’’army”  fight against eachother. One scene, both clans are grouped together, next scene is about individual fights and suddenly they are grouped together again. Im pretty sure they didnt have the money to create proper fight scenes, so they used what they had to make short scenes that looked good and the rest is basically filler, but still. If you dont have money, dont animate something this uncoreographed. Cut to the main characters and make them talk about the weather or something, just dont show a bad fight.  So altough the animation is good, it didnt nearly live up to its true potential. Same feeling here as with the story. Good resources, good ideas, but they did not think it through well enough, they just wanted fast money. 7.5/10

Sound: pretty good, but nothing special. 7/10

Characters: As I said before the characters are very cliche. They are there not because common sence dictates i tor because of some causality like FMA, they are just there to be there. This can be hard to understand, buti f you watch it, you wil understand. Some characters just appear out of nowhere, like the cat/girl and there is no logical reason behind it. So basically same problem as with the story and animation. Altough the characters could have worked well together, they dont. Another problem is the main charcater, who is very weak. The red king is probably the most interesting one. They knew this(thats why the anime starts out with him and not Shiro). 4/10

Overall: Its pretty fun, good to look at, buti t feels as though they didnt even try to make something epic. Its the anime version of a B action movie. Pretty short, so if you have nothing to do, its good for a watch, just dont have any expectations towards it. It is what it is and nothing more. The ending is horrible, the whole story is (most people say its a mess, but its actually pretty straight-forward), illogical and out of the blue many times. The characters are likeable, but all cliche and the main character is bad. The anime is not addictive at all. Still, as I said, the action is there, the color are vivid, the whole anime is good to look at, also its short with 13 episodes, so it might be worth a watch if you have a boring afternoon. I cant really compare it to anything, because its put together out of many ideas. The story is probably closest to Eden of the East, it has a feeling of Fate in it too because of the animation and different magic powers+swordfights. Overall, mediocre score of 5.5/10, but this is as a critic. If you turn off you brain and watch it as it should be watched, its actually fun.

7.5/10 animation
5.5/10 overall
on

K or K Project as known by the majority of people has SO many things good about it. Sure it's only 13 episodes long but it's 13 episodes of pure epicness. You might not understand the story from the beginning but you have to watch the whole thing to understand it. The plot is very well made and the characters are all unique and different. And don't get me started on the graphics either, easily the best graphics I've seen on ANY anime I've watched so far. The only complaint I may have about it is the rushed plot. In the manga it seemed more slow and easygoing but the anime was a little too fast paced. But it's still greatness.

So if you're looking for an anime that includes A LOT of action, a GREAT plot, AWESOME characters, KICKASS powers and a TON of epicness, K is where you should go.

WARNING SOME SPOILERS AHEAD

This anime really is so spectacular, I was draw into it straight away not even knowing anything about the anime before hand. Straight away its important to note how nearly every single one of the character's in the anime are so great and you love them, straight away the main character yashiro strikes me as interesting and no way an ordinary school boy but made my mind change on exactly what i thought of him many times, during the end of this season of the anime you see how much his character has developed. The red king really took me back, he was one of the greatest characters and I thought that they could possible kill him but even when that happens it felt almost right in what they done, yeah it was only one season of him but that's one of the things that made him great. It's very important to notice every single sound in this anime, they felt so detailed and very well done as right at the start of the anime you are drawn into a simple yet so detailed sound of the noise of the chain clanging. Swords being drawn and the amazing soundtracks there are. This in some way makes the anime what it is which is absolutely amazing. Right from the start you notice the animation, its so beautiful the way it's shown as the group are shown walking and the smoke rising up. It's a hard thing to describe but its sort of the style of the anime that makes it so dazzling almost as when fights are fought you notice every single movement during the fight. The story I thought was really interesting for one of the main reasons you don't get much information about yushiro and he dosent know much about himself which leads this curiosity in you head, its also great to mention how you always keep having second thoughts about the character and you know a character is interesting when you don't even know what to make of them untill the very end of the anime.

on

Short review of The K Project. I loved it, but the story could have used more detail. The plot was excellent, and I loved how it covered so much in so few episodes. It gave me plenty of things to think about, and I loved the little plot twists it has in it. I love the way the story formed, I loved the concept of the Kings and the Clans- I even found myself wondering what clan I'd want to be in. I just hate the fact that there were clans mentioned that weren't involved in the story. Overall it was a good anime, one of my favorites but then again, I haven't watched much.

9.5/10 story