InuYasha

Jevinie's avatar By on Jan 12, 2014

As always, I am going to cut to the bone with my review.

Inuyasha at its best is an Epic tale that Follows Inuyasha and his companions across an epic journey in search of shards of the Shikon jewel, or the Jewel of Four souls. During which the crew encounters any number of interesting charcters from Japanese folk lore or directly from the the Shinto mythology. The story progresses well for a while, charcters get good developlement and each have rich back stories that are worth telling.  Inuyasha does an excellent job of Balancing a serious story line with good mx of comic releive and interesting side stories that the crew encounters in their journey.

-BUT-

Towards the end progess in the main story starts to bog down, The series starts to become drawn out and even a bit silly ( taking into account the tempo the rest of the anime set). With this in mind it starts to really damage the story and the fact that they broke the end of the series into a seperate series ( Inuyasha: The final act) is a bit annoying.  How ever despite this, I wouldn't go so far as to say the Anime falls apart ... Rather the Anime has a short time where it seems to forget which direction it was going.

Inuyasha is an anime that I enjoyed at the end of it all, it was worth watching and I recommend it to anyoe interested in it  but who perhaps missed it when it was airing on Toonami/ Adult swim.

nazertheyounger's avatar By on Nov 14, 2014

By the way, all of my scores are on an average of 5.

Story: 7/10

For as much as I adore this anime, the story is actually rather simple; Kagome a middle school student travels through time and is in possession of a sacred jewel without her knowledge. This jewel is UBER IMPORTANTE! It pretty much makes you control the world, or so it seems in the story. Anywho, she accidentally breaks the jewel into a bunch of pieces. So Kagome and InuYasha her demon companion search for it. Yeah, that is pretty much all of the main storyline.

However, the anime branches out on a lot of background information, making the fantasy, fedual world of Japan seem so much more real. It shows the depth of the history of both the protagists, the antagonists, and the people who lie somewhere inbetween. Despite the simplicity of the main arc of the storyline, the producers wrote the story so that all the people who were experiencing, essentially this major struggle for power in the era, were portrayed. And while in many ways you understood that Kagome and InuYasha's cause was the right one, you could sympathise with the antagonist because you knew his backstory.

I found myself enjoying the way that the point of view was so neutral and how commonly it was switched between the varying people of the feudal era. There became so many shades of gray and I think it helped me come to the realization that no person performes an action out of innate evil.

As much as I talk about the transitions, I have to talk about how smoothly they were performed. Sure, at some moments I didn't want to go into another perspective, because suspense was buliding, but it only became a better experience because of that. They used this switch many times as a way to build suspense when it became necessary and I remember watching into the long hours of the night on my phone waiting for that one moment.

There is a reason why so many people still watch this anime, even after all the years. The world is wonderfully built, the backstories are FANTASTIC, and it has one of the most realistic, genuine stories I have ever seen.

Animation: 7/10

Obviously this anime isn't new, but the animation never bothered me. It is great animation for it's time, I gave it a score accordingly so. I don't necessarily know if this is a deal breaker for you, but I hope it isn't because, in all honesty, this is one of the greatest anime of all time.

Sound: 9/10

Now most anime have a better opening and ending then they do ost's, but this anime turns that stereotype on it's head. Usually, I skip past the openings and endings because to me (at least) they feel like they don't fit the anime. However, when you get to the music that plays in the midst of the action IT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN RAINING CHOCOLATE AND CAKE. I bought all that I could from Itunes, because I am literally addicted.

Characters: 10/10

This anime has the best characters that I have ever seen... ever. Because of how it shows everyone's backstories, it can give you sympathy for people do hideous immoralities. The way that you learn to love each individual character becomes your own journey, even as they develop bonds with each other.

The absolute best relationship in this anime is the bond between InuYasha and Kagome. They start out as people who vehemently hate one another, yet as time passes they slowly become so close that they become the best of friends. It isn't cliche at all either, which I adore. It isn't where they wake up one day and suddenly can't live without the other. It grows so subtly that you don't even realize what happened.

Overall: 8.8/10

One of the classics. Known for it's characters, relationships, flawless world-building, and unbias point of view. Go watch this anime now!

8.8/10 overall
Hajime's avatar By on Sep 24, 2010

Sealed to a tree for 50 years by the only woman the half demon Inuyasha had ever loved, he is unsealed by her reincarnation born in modern times and returned to the past. Through a misshap a jewel known as the shikon no shana is shattered, and as its kikyo's reincarnation Kagome's fault, along with the newly awoken Inuyasha they must find the peices of the jewel. many friends are made, and enemies defeated. Ending doesnt exist...really, 4 movies are included, and this is a great damn series, My 1st fully owned one, and well I don't regret it

hanamichi's avatar By on Mar 21, 2015

I want someone to rip Inuyasha's ears off and throw him into a ditch. Why? I love him too much.

AS ALWAYS: May contain spoilers idk.

I saw this anime a VERY long time ago, but continue to rewatch certain filler episodes for laughs. I plan to rewatch the entire series at some point when I have literally nothing to watch or read.

I remember the day I saw episode 1 like it was yesterday. Thank god it wasn't yesterday, either. My childhood sucked. The year was 2005 and Adult Swim on Demand started airing Inuyasha. Back then, I used to watch everything and anything I could because I thought watching anime made me cool. If I never watched Inuyasha and I read the plot summary now, I probably wouldn't watch it.

Inuyasha's fierce and rude attitude of course turned me on even at 8 years old. Little me had a bias towards rude, cold anime guys. Surprisingly, I did not find Kagome annoying. Her english voice actor can indeed make you want to rip your hair out and shove it so deep inside yourself you end up slicing your internal organs and bleed out your mouth, but Richard Cox easily comes to aid with his amazing voice acting that seems to fit our immature and ever curious Inuyasha.

Our fated to be in-love main duo eventually meet up with three other nicely developed characters, Shippo, Miroku, and Sango. I can't say the romance between Miroku and Sango was surprising, but it was nice to see. I enjoyed all of the comic relief scenes and seeing Inuyasha grow protective and jealous over Kagome was simply beautiful and hilarious knowing a few episodes back before they met Miroku he left her to die.

An Inuyasha review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the enigma that is Sesshomaru. What is wrong with him? Why is he so hot? Does he know he's hot? He can cure droughts I'm sure of it. The relationship between Sesshomaru, Jakin, and Rin was endearing and even cold-hearted Sesshy has a weak spot for those closest to him.

I enjoyed the many different demons that were introduced throughout the series and always found myself excited to see how our lovely group would execute them. Because of Inuyasha, I began to love anime set in the past. It's somehow nostalgic in a way.

Wait a minute...I forgot to mention Kikyo...Ugh, do I have to?

I feel bad because ten years later I still don't like her. Yes, the woman has been through a lot and her own reincarnation has taken the man she once loved. Kikyo is a strong woman who can fend for herself and that means she won't care that I don't like her! Right, Kikyo?

Kikyo: No.

Well, I tried. Inuyasha is a timeless classic and despite its genre, it can appeal to many age groups and gather many fans.

A solid 8.5 from me. What do you think?

angelbabv's avatar By on Sep 21, 2014

Shouldnt be any but better say this just to be safe ahem....WARNING: this review MAY contain spoilers you've been warned, now with that out of the way lets get down to the review shall we. Quick description: Kagome is your average high school girl until one day she is dragged down to the bottom of her families shrines old well by crazy bug lady (aka the demon "Mistress Centipede") who is after the the Shikon Jewel ( aka the Jewel of Four Souls) that is inside her body. But instead of just landing at the bottom of the well she finds herself transported 500 years in the past. Confused and lost she wanders the surrounding forest where she see's Inuyasha, a boy with dog ears pinned to a tree who appears to be in a deep sleep. When Mistress Centipede tries to take the Jewel again in order to save herself (although she is told by all the villagers not to do it) she free's Inuyasha and he kills the crazy bug but (as i think we all seen coming) he turns his claws on kagome. Now on to the review!

Story 9/10:

the Story was very well done and thought out (minus the fifth season which is the reason for the 9 out of 10). it has about everything you could want in an anime, love (the best part in my opinion ^_^), adventure, action, and just a bit of tragedy.

Animation 8/10:

The animation is a bit on the old side but this anime did start 2000 considering that it is pretty good.

Sound 10/10:

The voices in this were pretty much perfect i couldnt imagine any of the characters sounding any other way. (espeically Sesshomaru his sexy voice sent chills down my spine...)

Characters 10/10:

Most of the characters are amazing and had great back stories. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are by far my favorites in the show both are hot, strong, and have good and unique personalties. then theres Kikyo and Shippo (yes he is cute but so freaking annoying and is always getting in the way of Inuyasha and Kagome) who you love to hate.

Overall 9/10:

I really liked this anime and definitely consider it to be one of my favorites. I would recemmend this to anyone who love romance and/or action anime.