InuYasha

Kookimnstr's avatar By on May 8, 2015

Honestly, while growing up I watched a lot of anime that I don't really remember. But, InuYasha is one that stuck with me for ages and helped me to branch off into other anime. I love the characters as well as the situations they all face and have to go through as well as the comedic parts....

9.5/10 story
KawaiiShinigami's avatar By on Apr 3, 2015

InuYasha is a very good anime, if taken the time to watch. By this I mean that InuYasha is a fairly long anime, and you have to be dedicated to actually get attached to the characters and love the anime in general.

Story: The story was amazing and had many different parts to it, everything adds up, and then becomes mysterious again, and then they find out more, and more. This is what makes the story forever interesting to me.

Animation: This is an older anime. For the animation back then, the animation was pretty good. I liked the animation overall and the effects of everything.

Sound: The sound was decent. All of the sounds matched to what they were emitting from.

Characters: The characters were amazing. Their personalities bloomed as the show went on, and you learn a lot about every character and tend to have some extremely liked characters, and some extremely hated characters(Naraku).

Overall: I give this anime an 8.25 out of 10. It was pretty good and kept me interested the entire way through, and that's what I look for in an anime.

8.3/10 overall
hanamichi's avatar By on Mar 21, 2015

I want someone to rip Inuyasha's ears off and throw him into a ditch. Why? I love him too much.

AS ALWAYS: May contain spoilers idk.

I saw this anime a VERY long time ago, but continue to rewatch certain filler episodes for laughs. I plan to rewatch the entire series at some point when I have literally nothing to watch or read.

I remember the day I saw episode 1 like it was yesterday. Thank god it wasn't yesterday, either. My childhood sucked. The year was 2005 and Adult Swim on Demand started airing Inuyasha. Back then, I used to watch everything and anything I could because I thought watching anime made me cool. If I never watched Inuyasha and I read the plot summary now, I probably wouldn't watch it.

Inuyasha's fierce and rude attitude of course turned me on even at 8 years old. Little me had a bias towards rude, cold anime guys. Surprisingly, I did not find Kagome annoying. Her english voice actor can indeed make you want to rip your hair out and shove it so deep inside yourself you end up slicing your internal organs and bleed out your mouth, but Richard Cox easily comes to aid with his amazing voice acting that seems to fit our immature and ever curious Inuyasha.

Our fated to be in-love main duo eventually meet up with three other nicely developed characters, Shippo, Miroku, and Sango. I can't say the romance between Miroku and Sango was surprising, but it was nice to see. I enjoyed all of the comic relief scenes and seeing Inuyasha grow protective and jealous over Kagome was simply beautiful and hilarious knowing a few episodes back before they met Miroku he left her to die.

An Inuyasha review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the enigma that is Sesshomaru. What is wrong with him? Why is he so hot? Does he know he's hot? He can cure droughts I'm sure of it. The relationship between Sesshomaru, Jakin, and Rin was endearing and even cold-hearted Sesshy has a weak spot for those closest to him.

I enjoyed the many different demons that were introduced throughout the series and always found myself excited to see how our lovely group would execute them. Because of Inuyasha, I began to love anime set in the past. It's somehow nostalgic in a way.

Wait a minute...I forgot to mention Kikyo...Ugh, do I have to?

I feel bad because ten years later I still don't like her. Yes, the woman has been through a lot and her own reincarnation has taken the man she once loved. Kikyo is a strong woman who can fend for herself and that means she won't care that I don't like her! Right, Kikyo?

Kikyo: No.

Well, I tried. Inuyasha is a timeless classic and despite its genre, it can appeal to many age groups and gather many fans.

A solid 8.5 from me. What do you think?

TornadoGem's avatar By on Feb 18, 2015

My summary of this story ie merely this: "Must make sword stronger!..... OMG KIKIYO!!!!!!!" Besides that, it was a funny story and I really wish that I had the power to punish people like Kagome does Inuyasha. That would be fun!

crone's avatar By on Jan 20, 2015

This anime is one of the few i watched as a kid and made me the anime lover i am today, It has a great story and sound for its time. It taught me life lessons when i was kid on how i should protect the ones i love, It fueled my imagination with all the demons and martial arts fighters. too find out that they made another season with the help of anime-planet honestly made me happy to see that i can continue the story after all these years. I hope everyone who has not seen this anime yet loves it as much as i did. -NL