I used to watch this on toonami along with dbz and yu yu hakusho and just finished it about a couple years ago and i have to say i was really suprised to see how old it actually is. the story is nothing special but the fighting and music is what got me into it. Their is a bit of choppy animation but that never stopped making me watch this great anime. if you like naruto, one piece or dbz you should really try this anime out.

9.8/10 overall

Premise: Inuyasha, a Hanyou (half-demon) who desires to steal the Shikon Jewel (Also known as the Sacred Jewel) is shot to a tree by the Priestess Kikyou and sealed to the tree to sleep forever. Around 500 Years later Kagome Higurashi, who happens to be the reincarnation of Kikyou stumbles into the shed of her family's Shrine grounds and is transported to the Warring States period in time. It is 50 years after the events of Inuyasha getting sealed to where Kagome arrives and has little choice, but to release Inuyasha from his seal to kill a demon which threatens the Village Kagome arrives in.

Story(8/10): Japan is the setting the story takes place in. The story is relatively basic. There are several mysteries surrounding why Inuyasha wants to become a full Demon, what really happened 50 Years ago in the Warring States period, and how Kagome is related to Kikyou. These mysteries are slowly uncovered throughout the story with each mystery being uncovered leaving the viewer wanting more.

The story jumps between the present day Modern Japan where Kagome's home and family are and the Warring States Period where Inuyasha and most of the other major characters live. Inuyasha is also able to travel to Kagome's time and these moments are used to expand on the relationship of Kagome and Inuyasha.

While the story starts out by Kagome accidentally shattering the Shikon Jewel into several fragments setting up the plot as a "fetch quest" the story really picks up after discovering more of the truth about Kikyou and Inuyasha 50 years ago and discovering that they were turned against each other by a Demon named Naraku. After learning about Naraku, the story shifts from a Fetch Quest for the Shikon Jewel and battling random demons, to focusing on the enemy Naraku who has manipulated the lives of Inuyasha and several other characters that eventually travel alongside Inuyasha to take down Naraku. It is the shift to dealing with the Antagonist Naraku which is what makes the story interesting instead of simply regathering the shattered Shikon Jewel Fragments.

Animation(9/10): This Anime was made around the year 2000, so the Animation is dated compared to modern Anime standards, but the Animation is very well done for its time. The antics of Inuyasha, Kagome and the other characters flow well, and the fight scenes are addicting to watch.

Sound(10/10): Masterful Soundtrack. The Soundtrack for this Anime was composed by Kaoru Wada who I found out about from watching this Anime, and he is a great composer. He has also composed for D. Gray Man, the 3x3 Eyes Ova, and other series. It is possible you may have heard of him from the other series. The soundtrack fits perfectly with the Anime, and you may find that you'll still remember this soundtrack long after you finish this Anime.

Characters(10/10): This show has many characters and overall, the main characters get very well developed, and the side characters also get developed.

The main character Inuyasha is refreshing to have as a Protagonist compared to other Anime. His personality could be considered Tsundere as despite how he acts rude, selfish, and somewhat arrogant, he really cares about his comrades as they have shown him what it is like to have bonds. Also considering his history as a Half-Demon, he was rejected by both Humans and Demons overall which didn't allow him to learn how to act in social situations very well. The only person who accepted him was his Human Mother (His Father is a Demon, which is how he is a Half-Demon, and Inuyasha's father is dead by the time the show begins). He goes through a lot of character development after meeting Kagome. It is very hard to dislike Inuyasha as he is very loveable taking his whole personality into account.

Kagome who gets involved in the events of the Warring States period brings a different form of kindness to Inuyasha than Kikyou did which slowly affects Inuyasha throughout the series. Also as Kikyou's reincarnation, there is a lot of romantic tension throughout the series with Inuyasha. Though unlike other series, the initial love/hate relationship with Inuyasha feels natural considering the time they spend together and the overall long length of the series making the developing feelings between Inuyasha and Kagome feel very believable and strong.

Little is known about Kikyou until later in the series all we know in the beginning was that she was the Priestess that protected the Shikon Jewel from Demons, and ended up sealing Inuyasha to a Tree for 50 years before she ended up getting cremated along with the Shikon Jewel which eventually comes back through Kagome, her reincarnation from around 500 years into the Present day.

Sesshomaru is Inuyasha's Half Brother who is a full Demon as both of Sesshomaru's parents are Demons unlike Inuyasha. Because of Inuyasha's Half-Demon heritage, he ends up at odds with Sesshomaru frequently. They fight over their Father's heirloom the Sword Tessaiga initially and this affects Sesshomaru's pride and slowly allows him to change towards more of an Anti-Hero rather than just trying to sabotage Inuyasha whenever possible.

Then there is the Demon Naraku who has affected the Lives of Inuyasha and the other characters with a level of cunning, manipulation, and ruthlessness unparalleled by any other Antagonist seen in a series. Throughout the show, Naraku's actions grow more and more despicable which causes the characters and audience to hate Naraku even more. Naraku manipulates other villains in the show to fight the main characters as well and even the other villains hate Naraku which goes to show how great of an Antagonist Naraku is.

Overall(10/10): Inuyasha is a long Anime series, so a fair amount of dedication will be required to watch it. It is 167 Episodes long (193 if you include the Final Act, which is a conclusion to this Anime series) Making around 200 Episodes. Despite this, I would still highly recommend Inuyasha to anyone. It has great elements of Fantasy, Demons, Action, Adventure, Romance, Friendship which means there's many things for many people to enjoy. In Inuyasha's case, the large amount of episodes are justified considering the great characters and overall plot elements. Inuyasha certainly lives up to be an unforgettable Adventure.

There is also little filler even though the series is long. The Filler doesn't take up an entire season like Filler does in series like Naruto and Bleach. It is normally contained in a few episodes before returning to the main story. If you're considering a "trial" for viewing this Anime before you commit to it, I'd recommend watching at least 20 episodes before deciding whether you'll dislike it or not.

By the way, all of my scores are on an average of 5.

Story: 7/10

For as much as I adore this anime, the story is actually rather simple; Kagome a middle school student travels through time and is in possession of a sacred jewel without her knowledge. This jewel is UBER IMPORTANTE! It pretty much makes you control the world, or so it seems in the story. Anywho, she accidentally breaks the jewel into a bunch of pieces. So Kagome and InuYasha her demon companion search for it. Yeah, that is pretty much all of the main storyline.

However, the anime branches out on a lot of background information, making the fantasy, fedual world of Japan seem so much more real. It shows the depth of the history of both the protagists, the antagonists, and the people who lie somewhere inbetween. Despite the simplicity of the main arc of the storyline, the producers wrote the story so that all the people who were experiencing, essentially this major struggle for power in the era, were portrayed. And while in many ways you understood that Kagome and InuYasha's cause was the right one, you could sympathise with the antagonist because you knew his backstory.

I found myself enjoying the way that the point of view was so neutral and how commonly it was switched between the varying people of the feudal era. There became so many shades of gray and I think it helped me come to the realization that no person performes an action out of innate evil.

As much as I talk about the transitions, I have to talk about how smoothly they were performed. Sure, at some moments I didn't want to go into another perspective, because suspense was buliding, but it only became a better experience because of that. They used this switch many times as a way to build suspense when it became necessary and I remember watching into the long hours of the night on my phone waiting for that one moment.

There is a reason why so many people still watch this anime, even after all the years. The world is wonderfully built, the backstories are FANTASTIC, and it has one of the most realistic, genuine stories I have ever seen.

Animation: 7/10

Obviously this anime isn't new, but the animation never bothered me. It is great animation for it's time, I gave it a score accordingly so. I don't necessarily know if this is a deal breaker for you, but I hope it isn't because, in all honesty, this is one of the greatest anime of all time.

Sound: 9/10

Now most anime have a better opening and ending then they do ost's, but this anime turns that stereotype on it's head. Usually, I skip past the openings and endings because to me (at least) they feel like they don't fit the anime. However, when you get to the music that plays in the midst of the action IT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN RAINING CHOCOLATE AND CAKE. I bought all that I could from Itunes, because I am literally addicted.

Characters: 10/10

This anime has the best characters that I have ever seen... ever. Because of how it shows everyone's backstories, it can give you sympathy for people do hideous immoralities. The way that you learn to love each individual character becomes your own journey, even as they develop bonds with each other.

The absolute best relationship in this anime is the bond between InuYasha and Kagome. They start out as people who vehemently hate one another, yet as time passes they slowly become so close that they become the best of friends. It isn't cliche at all either, which I adore. It isn't where they wake up one day and suddenly can't live without the other. It grows so subtly that you don't even realize what happened.

Overall: 8.8/10

One of the classics. Known for it's characters, relationships, flawless world-building, and unbias point of view. Go watch this anime now!

8.8/10 overall

Dragon Ball Z sets the bar pretty low for shows that only include "durfighting" for their entire run. Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Yu-Yu Hakusho, all bad shows, but they're at least above DBZ. Enter Inuyasha.

You've heard of the bar being low, Inuyasha grabs hold and drags it to the depths of hell.

A black hole of virtually anything enjoyable, I can't see how most anyone could possibly enjoy this.

But alright, enough bland insults and let's get to some analyzing!

The premise (I refuse to call it a story) of the series is the ultimate in McGuffin: A random jewel breaks into an indiscernible amount (Yay for flexible episode numbers!) of pieces and a bunch of jack-wagons have to run after it.

Characters? No, not characters, just stand-ins.

Inuyasha himself is just the typical "gotta get stronger derp" protagonist we've seen a thousand times before. Kagome is an awful Mary-Sue, and their entire troupe is composed of virtually the same person in a different costume.

The villains, every. Single. One. Don't show any emotion short of ambivalence. You can't hate these people, root against them, because they aren't people. Just bored voice actors reading lines of what, ultimately, is for five year-olds.

The art direction and animation in this series is the worst. For something that relies heavily on action, they sure show very little of it. Stilted animation, "telling, not showing", and the old trope of reusing shots are plentiful here. If you weren't actively looking for it, the action would pass you by in an instant.

With a terrible premise, bad acting, little in the way of actual animation, there is just no show here to even review; there is nothing to watch. As such, there is nothing to enjoy. This show gets, and earns, a 1 in every conceivable category, and that is simply irrefutable.

"InuYasha....SIT BOY "

Where to begin lol... InuYasha was my childhood it's the anime that launched me into an endless relashionship with anime.

I find that the storyline is very unique and well thought of because there was not so much place to complain about fillers or lost of time. It's an anime that you would sit hours upon hours and sacrifice precious sleep time to watch. At the start of the serie I wasn't to sure on how I would like it down the line because it seemed so basic but after fighting with myself I decided to shut the hell up and watch at least a few episodes before passing jugement on it.

Today I'm thanking my beautiful concience for not giving up, because its thanks to InuYasha that my geeky inner me fell in love with the world of Anime.

Each character in this serie is well put together and even though the story revolves arround Kagome and InuYasha, the other characters aren't over shadowed by them. Each one of them has a unique background story which is very compelling and even though Naraku sometimes drives me bonkers it was awesome finding out everything about him lol.

I'll admit it, I have watched this series multiple times and each time I decide to do a marathon of InuYasha, its like I fall inlove with it all over again <3. The humor and sarcasm is just wicked!

Towards the last episodes of the series, I grew wary that it might end in a very bad note...I can't say I was personaly fond of the ending, I didn't dislike it as much as I thought. (You can picture my surprise when I found out they where making an addional arc, much later!!!)

Well, as much as I can spend all day writing about it I prefer to let you judge by yourselves if its as worthy as I make it sound like muahaha...