Inu x Boku SS

Alt titles: Inu x Boku Secret Service

flaxman85's avatar By on Apr 18, 2012

If you're still a novice anime viewer, love the manga, a female (gay male included), a straight male with poor sense of humor, or a hardcore lolicon, then you'll enjoy this anime to its fullest.

I say that because this anime contains 90% of poor repetitive comedy and only 10% of worthy viewing materials, in my opinion. There's no doubt that people of such demographic I've mentioned in first paragraph will not be able to get enough of shitty comedy presented in this anime. The 10% of significant plot screen time will just be the icing on the cake.

Plot:

The story is nothing you haven't seen before (granted you're somewhat an experienced anime viewer). Two people searching for someone to help understand themselves due to their cruel circumstances in the past caused by strict family traditions with a mix of Japanese folklores.

Cast:

Characters are fun and diverse, but the poor choice of gags render them insignificant and dull.

Art/Animation:

Animation is fluid, and the art quality is pretty much what you would expect in anime these days.

Sound:

Voice acting is fine. OP and ED songs are crappy to mediocre depending on your music taste, though there's one INS song I liked.

Overall:

In my opnion, this anime should have been a short 3-4 OVAs to maximize the romance aspect and not not be ruined by 10 episodes of crappy redundant comedy.

So, I'd suggest you watch 1-3 episodes first and see if you agree with my feelings toward the comedy aspect of the show. If you do, I'd suggest you skip to episode 10 and thank me later.

Stay safe.

500shootingstars's avatar By on Apr 5, 2012

<div>This is such an amazing anime, I loved it!!!! For its art work, to the voice acting and everything. The have a very nice plot very easy to follow yet interesting, this is one one of the few unique shows that you hardly see around and is planned out very awsomely. It has it's sad,happy,dramatic ...ect moments that makes you wan to watch more of the show. The voice actors do a very nice job of playing there voices and it really suits the character. Lastly the ending of the show is really wowing at least me it was and it made me just want to applaudand cheer and all this but anyways this is an amazing show and I hope that whoever watches this will love it as much as I did. In short this was an amazing drama comedy with a sprickle of action anime and I hope that you will enjoy it too !!^^</div> <div>p.s. I normally don't write review but this one deserves one!!!(actually this is m first one xD!)</div> <div> </div>

MouseyMaddy's avatar By on Oct 5, 2014

I absolutely loved this anime! It was fantabulous in fact! The story was beautiful, focusing on not only the two main characters but the supporting cast as well. And considering this was a love story, there was just enough of the supernatural element in my opinion. Also, the different ending songs for the various different characters was a particularly nice touch!

However there are some negatives, the character design is nothing which hasn't been seen before in anime, it was nice and well done, yet common. Furthermore the character of Nobara (who appears to be a lesbian) was overplayed and extremely irritating at points.

Overall though, if you're into romance anime, with comical twists this is a perfect anime to watch!

JustADeadGuy's avatar By on Jan 25, 2015

I loved this anime! But I want a second season! It ended so early! :( It had nice graphics and looked great. I enjoyed it very much! Please let someone make some more of that :3

ecdrewello1's avatar By on Jan 16, 2012

Inu x Boku SS, (English: Dog X Me Secret Service) by the title alone brought to mind images of some sappy, otaku-pandering love-fest... however; as a sucker for yokai stories, and the alure of a promised "Kitsune" (Japanese fox-spirit) appearing as the "Inu" I decided to give this a one episode trial. I have to say that I was very pleasently suprised. The main charachter Ririchiyo Shiirachin is a member of an elite and wealthy family.Her unusual name, and her unusual way of addressing herself with the masculine "boku" (I) rather than a female "watashi" or some other dirivitive of the first person... adds to the mystery of her peson which unfolds in the first episode. I'm not a fan of giving away plot information so sorry if this review is lacking on that ground. One last note for those who may be Japanese culture nerds out there... the room that Ririchiyo is staying in "4" is creepy because the number four is associated with death in Japan.