Inu x Boku SS

Alt title: Inu x Boku Secret Service

flaxman85's avatar By on Apr 18, 2012

If you're still a novice anime viewer, love the manga, a female (gay male included), a straight male with poor sense of humor, or a hardcore lolicon, then you'll enjoy this anime to its fullest.

I say that because this anime contains 90% of poor repetitive comedy and only 10% of worthy viewing materials, in my opinion. There's no doubt that people of such demographic I've mentioned in first paragraph will not be able to get enough of shitty comedy presented in this anime. The 10% of significant plot screen time will just be the icing on the cake.

Plot:

The story is nothing you haven't seen before (granted you're somewhat an experienced anime viewer). Two people searching for someone to help understand themselves due to their cruel circumstances in the past caused by strict family traditions with a mix of Japanese folklores.

Cast:

Characters are fun and diverse, but the poor choice of gags render them insignificant and dull.

Art/Animation:

Animation is fluid, and the art quality is pretty much what you would expect in anime these days.

Sound:

Voice acting is fine. OP and ED songs are crappy to mediocre depending on your music taste, though there's one INS song I liked.

Overall:

In my opnion, this anime should have been a short 3-4 OVAs to maximize the romance aspect and not not be ruined by 10 episodes of crappy redundant comedy.

So, I'd suggest you watch 1-3 episodes first and see if you agree with my feelings toward the comedy aspect of the show. If you do, I'd suggest you skip to episode 10 and thank me later.

Stay safe.

MouseyMaddy's avatar By on Oct 5, 2014

I absolutely loved this anime! It was fantabulous in fact! The story was beautiful, focusing on not only the two main characters but the supporting cast as well. And considering this was a love story, there was just enough of the supernatural element in my opinion. Also, the different ending songs for the various different characters was a particularly nice touch!

However there are some negatives, the character design is nothing which hasn't been seen before in anime, it was nice and well done, yet common. Furthermore the character of Nobara (who appears to be a lesbian) was overplayed and extremely irritating at points.

Overall though, if you're into romance anime, with comical twists this is a perfect anime to watch!

500shootingstars's avatar By on Apr 5, 2012

<div>This is such an amazing anime, I loved it!!!! For its art work, to the voice acting and everything. The have a very nice plot very easy to follow yet interesting, this is one one of the few unique shows that you hardly see around and is planned out very awsomely. It has it's sad,happy,dramatic ...ect moments that makes you wan to watch more of the show. The voice actors do a very nice job of playing there voices and it really suits the character. Lastly the ending of the show is really wowing at least me it was and it made me just want to applaudand cheer and all this but anyways this is an amazing show and I hope that whoever watches this will love it as much as I did. In short this was an amazing drama comedy with a sprickle of action anime and I hope that you will enjoy it too !!^^</div> <div>p.s. I normally don't write review but this one deserves one!!!(actually this is m first one xD!)</div> <div> </div>

meowlizzz's avatar By on Nov 2, 2015

This anime was just alright up until episode 10 and 11. It delves deeper into the background of the male protagonist/love interest named Soushi Miketsukami. Because of this, episode 11 is probably the most interesting part of the whole thing and it's a shame that it took so long to get there, only for it to end in the next episode. The last episode leaves you feeling like it's not quite finished. It seems abrupt and you're left wanting more, even though it's a nice ending. I found out that there is the DVD Special which is a collection of three shorts, and they were more fun than the whole anime. I feel like this had potential for more. (It felt like a combination of Kamisama Hajimemashita and Black Butler but nowhere near as good as those two.) Still enjoyable enough to watch when you have the time. Wish it had a season 2! I give it an overall 6/10 and 3 out of 5 stars.

Indigogurl's avatar By on Aug 10, 2015

Ok The first thing you need to know about Inu x Boku is that it is NOT a loli con despite the child like appearence of the female lead Ririchiyo Shirakiin.

What it is though is a story of personal growth and improvement between two people who, despite their outward appearence and demeanour, are very socially inept in theor own ways. Ririchiyo comes across as rude and downright mean at times but this exterior hides a vulnerable and awkward over thinker.

As the story progresses we come to know the various residents and Secret Service members who inhabit the Maison de Ayakashi building and we are drawn into their lives through the drama that follows yokai, people who posses demonic powers.

Its a fun a ime and a sure laugh but there are times when you will want a tissue handy. It's the perfect anime for those who what something light and topuching with romance and comedy thrown in. While its market is very much shounen there is something for the ladies in here too. One to watch between your binges in heavier stuff or if you dont want to think too much.