Inu x Boku SS

Alt titles: Inu x Boku Secret Service

flaxman85's avatar By flaxman85 on Apr 18, 2012

If you're still a novice anime viewer, love the manga, a female (gay male included), a straight male with poor sense of humor, or a hardcore lolicon, then you'll enjoy this anime to its fullest.

I say that because this anime contains 90% of poor repetitive comedy and only 10% of worthy viewing materials, in my opinion. There's no doubt that people of such demographic I've mentioned in first paragraph will not be able to get enough of shitty comedy presented in this anime. The 10% of significant plot screen time will just be the icing on the cake.

Plot:

The story is nothing you haven't seen before (granted you're somewhat an experienced anime viewer). Two people searching for someone to help understand themselves due to their cruel circumstances in the past caused by strict family traditions with a mix of Japanese folklores.

Cast:

Characters are fun and diverse, but the poor choice of gags render them insignificant and dull.

Art/Animation:

Animation is fluid, and the art quality is pretty much what you would expect in anime these days.

Sound:

Voice acting is fine. OP and ED songs are crappy to mediocre depending on your music taste, though there's one INS song I liked.

Overall:

In my opnion, this anime should have been a short 3-4 OVAs to maximize the romance aspect and not not be ruined by 10 episodes of crappy redundant comedy.

So, I'd suggest you watch 1-3 episodes first and see if you agree with my feelings toward the comedy aspect of the show. If you do, I'd suggest you skip to episode 10 and thank me later.

Stay safe.

500shootingstars's avatar By 500shootingstars on Apr 5, 2012

<div>This is such an amazing anime, I loved it!!!! For its art work, to the voice acting and everything. The have a very nice plot very easy to follow yet interesting, this is one one of the few unique shows that you hardly see around and is planned out very awsomely. It has it's sad,happy,dramatic ...ect moments that makes you wan to watch more of the show. The voice actors do a very nice job of playing there voices and it really suits the character. Lastly the ending of the show is really wowing at least me it was and it made me just want to applaudand cheer and all this but anyways this is an amazing show and I hope that whoever watches this will love it as much as I did. In short this was an amazing drama comedy with a sprickle of action anime and I hope that you will enjoy it too !!^^</div> <div>p.s. I normally don't write review but this one deserves one!!!(actually this is m first one xD!)</div> <div> </div>

MouseyMaddy's avatar By MouseyMaddy on Oct 5, 2014

I absolutely loved this anime! It was fantabulous in fact! The story was beautiful, focusing on not only the two main characters but the supporting cast as well. And considering this was a love story, there was just enough of the supernatural element in my opinion. Also, the different ending songs for the various different characters was a particularly nice touch!

However there are some negatives, the character design is nothing which hasn't been seen before in anime, it was nice and well done, yet common. Furthermore the character of Nobara (who appears to be a lesbian) was overplayed and extremely irritating at points.

Overall though, if you're into romance anime, with comical twists this is a perfect anime to watch!

ffbfran's avatar By ffbfran on Oct 14, 2014

I loved inu x boku. The characters weren't all original but they were used in a way that was still interesting and entertaining. Honestly the end result I saw coming but there were some things I didn’t expect. The one character there for purely comedic relief made me want to barf or kill him, I prefer to take option two into consideration, but other than the pervert who assumed everything, not just everyone but everything on the planet, was either a sadist or a masochist annoyed me to no end but everyone else I know thought he was hilarious. That was the only thing that turned me off this anime but since he showed up far and few between I got through it all just fine. The happy ending almost made me cry it was so sweet. (I'm a sap for a happy ending what can I say) I recommend this to anyone who wants to see a very devoted guy make a very distrustful girl realize love can last.

Mendacious's avatar By Mendacious on Dec 1, 2014

Disturbing at the outset but it improves

The first episode and parts of the following earlier ones were very hard to watch. They revolved around listening to the whining excuses of a spoiled obnoxious self-centered brat and the groveling pedophilic adoration of a strange adult man for her. I waded through them and am glad to report that things improve towards the middle of the season.

This is a strange sort of romantic story about a lonesome teenage girl named Ririchiyo Shirakiin. She has decided to move into an exclusive apartment complex called Maison de Ayakashi where she hopes to cure her bad habit, where she puts up a bold front and verbally abuses people for no reason, and where she wants to improve her interpersonal interactions.

The viewer quickly learns that Maison de Ayakashi is special beyond its residents simply being wealthy. They share a commonality in their ancestry, they are all descended from unions between humans and monsters. This results in them possessing special supernatural powers. Each resident is paired up with a special secret service agent who is also the progeny of human monster unions.

Our protagonist is paired up with secret service agent Soushi Miketsukami a young male adult. Most of the series follows the evolving relationship between these two and explorations of their pasts.

This is a character driven story and supernatural battles only serve to create character interactions. The supporting characters vary from the eccentric to the absurd. Many of them are the usual stereotypes. I particularly liked Kagerou Syoukiin and his S and M routine. Most of them grow on you. Watching Ririchiyo, who possess supernatural powers, agonizing over and messing up trivial things like inviting another to tea is very entertaining. Soushi Miketsukami fills out well, I would not say I ended up liking him but he has an interesting persona.