Inu x Boku SS

Alt titles: Inu x Boku Secret Service

500shootingstars's avatar By 500shootingstars on Apr 5, 2012

<div>This is such an amazing anime, I loved it!!!! For its art work, to the voice acting and everything. The have a very nice plot very easy to follow yet interesting, this is one one of the few unique shows that you hardly see around and is planned out very awsomely. It has it's sad,happy,dramatic ...ect moments that makes you wan to watch more of the show. The voice actors do a very nice job of playing there voices and it really suits the character. Lastly the ending of the show is really wowing at least me it was and it made me just want to applaudand cheer and all this but anyways this is an amazing show and I hope that whoever watches this will love it as much as I did. In short this was an amazing drama comedy with a sprickle of action anime and I hope that you will enjoy it too !!^^</div> <div>p.s. I normally don't write review but this one deserves one!!!(actually this is m first one xD!)</div> <div> </div>

flaxman85's avatar By flaxman85 on Apr 18, 2012

If you're still a novice anime viewer, love the manga, a female (gay male included), a straight male with poor sense of humor, or a hardcore lolicon, then you'll enjoy this anime to its fullest.

I say that because this anime contains 90% of poor repetitive comedy and only 10% of worthy viewing materials, in my opinion. There's no doubt that people of such demographic I've mentioned in first paragraph will not be able to get enough of shitty comedy presented in this anime. The 10% of significant plot screen time will just be the icing on the cake.

Plot:

The story is nothing you haven't seen before (granted you're somewhat an experienced anime viewer). Two people searching for someone to help understand themselves due to their cruel circumstances in the past caused by strict family traditions with a mix of Japanese folklores.

Cast:

Characters are fun and diverse, but the poor choice of gags render them insignificant and dull.

Art/Animation:

Animation is fluid, and the art quality is pretty much what you would expect in anime these days.

Sound:

Voice acting is fine. OP and ED songs are crappy to mediocre depending on your music taste, though there's one INS song I liked.

Overall:

In my opnion, this anime should have been a short 3-4 OVAs to maximize the romance aspect and not not be ruined by 10 episodes of crappy redundant comedy.

So, I'd suggest you watch 1-3 episodes first and see if you agree with my feelings toward the comedy aspect of the show. If you do, I'd suggest you skip to episode 10 and thank me later.

Stay safe.

jypsyjulia's avatar By jypsyjulia on Apr 24, 2012

I would like to rename this show UnhealthyxRelationships XX.

The STORY of InuxBokuSS follows a young girl who has grown up in a cold family.  Because of this, Chiyo has developed a natural defense mechanism that insults and pushes away any one who gets near her.  it's not because she wants to be mean, but because she is terrified of being rejected.  On the flip side, the story introduces Miketsukami - a tortured and lonely young man who is sent to be Chiyo's Secret Service protector.

Both Chiyo and Miketsukami are reincarnations of supernatural beings.  They posess super natural powers and share the memories and feelings of their original beings.  I would have liked to see the story play out more with their powers, but unfortunately this is a shoujo anime, not an action anime.  Do not expect many action scenes.

The ANIMATION of InuxBoku SS is quite beautiful, although animation seems to be getting quite redundant.  I think I can pin it to at least 2010, but ever since then all animes are really starting to look the same and it's a total bummer.  Also, Chiyo has the EXACT SAME build as the girl from GOSICK (and even the same voice actress), so I was a little put off by that.  I would like to see animes return to earlier times when they had a unique animation and look to them.  I feel as if anime is being untrue to the manga because it doesn't honor the mangaka's art.

The SOUND was fine.  Just average, really.  The OP and ending songs weren't anything fantastic or worth listening to over again.  I do love Chiyo's seiyuu.  I loved her in GOSICK and I loved her in this.  She has a fun harsh and sensitive sound that makes for an interesting character.  Everyone else did fine.  I honestly feel as if that's all I can really say about the sound: it's fine.

The CHARACTERS were fun, but I was totally creeped by some of them.  There was a lot of obsession and stalking in this show.  At first, I thought it was meant to be taken normal and was disturbed, but as the show went on, I realized that the creators were aware this was unhealthy.  Miketsukami, in particular, creeped me out much more than I think a shoujo hero should.  The ending and Chiyo's reaction was pretty spectacular, though.

I did LOVE Kagerou's character and i loved how he compared everything to an S&M lifestyle.  He was over the top, ridiculous and flamboyant.  He reminded me a lot of Ayame Souma from Furuba, whom I also adore.  I also really liked Roromiya and Takumi.  They made for an interesting couple and added a lot of comedic relief that had me bursting out laughing in some parts.

My PERSONAL ENJOYMENT might be more along the 7-8 scale.  While the beginning of this anime was boring and got on my nerves, and even though I still think Miketsukami is a total creeper, I had fun with this anime from episode 8 and on.  The characters had interesting relationships with one another and I liked how some of them knew each other from the past.

OVERALL, I would recommend this anime because it is short and fun.  Try not to be too creeped out by al the stalking tendencies you see, because they do call them out and are shown to NOT be normal.  Just have fun with it.  (You might want to skip to episode 8, though, because it gets a little redundant and boring in the beginning).

ecdrewello1's avatar By ecdrewello1 on Jan 16, 2012

Inu x Boku SS, (English: Dog X Me Secret Service) by the title alone brought to mind images of some sappy, otaku-pandering love-fest... however; as a sucker for yokai stories, and the alure of a promised "Kitsune" (Japanese fox-spirit) appearing as the "Inu" I decided to give this a one episode trial. I have to say that I was very pleasently suprised. The main charachter Ririchiyo Shiirachin is a member of an elite and wealthy family.Her unusual name, and her unusual way of addressing herself with the masculine "boku" (I) rather than a female "watashi" or some other dirivitive of the first person... adds to the mystery of her peson which unfolds in the first episode. I'm not a fan of giving away plot information so sorry if this review is lacking on that ground. One last note for those who may be Japanese culture nerds out there... the room that Ririchiyo is staying in "4" is creepy because the number four is associated with death in Japan.

Sapphyiere's avatar By Sapphyiere on Mar 29, 2012

Inu x Boku SS

By the first episode, I was already falling in love with Soushi Miketsukami c;
I have to admit, I really didn't like Ririchiyo's personality at first. Eventually, I tolerated it, since she has a reason for it. :D

This anime doesn't seem to include a lot, especially only if you have only seen the first episode. The characters stay at a high-security apartment building, Ayakashikan. It provides special attendants called the SS {Secret Service; "bodyguard"} in addition to housing humans with demon ancestors.

Of course, fiery Ririchiyo gets sparkling {Literally!} Soushi Miketsukami {<3} as her SS. She appreciates his services, but tries to tell him that she doesn't desire service from the SS since she came to be alone. However, he insists that she is his only reason for living.

Oh yeah, I can't forget- there's a little secret that Soushi is hiding from Ririchiyo. When you figure it out or look for spoilers on Wikipedia {Am I the only one? xD}, you might as well *facedesk* because it is so obvious and sweet.

The plot surprised and pleased me. It ended with inspiration, as well as something else..In addition:

• Music = Beautiful
  • Animation = Amazing
  • Characters = Awesome

Too bad the anime is over. Time to read the manga :D~<3

{I would recommend this anime to anyone who enjoys fantasy, transforming people, fluffy-sparkling-fox-boys<3, romance, and shoujo}