Gregory Horror Show

Marceus's avatar By Marceus on May 18, 2012

Story: The series is split into four parts. The first two center around a guest staying at Gregory house, the third takes place on a train (a prequel) and the last part takes place in a hospital (or a renovated hotel.) The first two parts are easily my favourite. The show puts you in the shoes of the guest so you basically see everything through their eyes. I really like this format as it made me feel more involved with what was going on. The setting of the hotel itself was also great. Very dark and spooky like something out of a classic horror film. The last train and the bloody karte case definitely had their moments but they just didn't have the same impact on me overall.

Animation: Well it is a CGI show and it hasn't really aged too well... But it still has a certain charm to it that works (for me anyway.) At the very least it's still better than Funny Pet's animation.

Sound: I watched the English dub for this and the voices were all pretty much perfect. I especially loved Gregory's voice. The music was also fitting.

Characters: My favourite part of this series is definitely the large cast of unique and interesting characters. A lot of them don't get too much screen time but they're all memorable. Gregory would have to be my favourite here. He was just such a great character who managed to be both funny and creepy.

Overall: I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys unique anime and isn't picky about animation. It may not be a perfect series, but it's still a lot of fun to watch. This would be especially great to watch on Halloween.